A Good Sweet Mint: Recommendations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeekingYHVH

Apr 6, 2019
I am on a quest for a yummy sweet mint juice. I realize that tastes are subjective, so I will give examples of what constitutes "yummy" for me.

Yummy: Wintergreen Tic-Tacs, juul mint pods, those pillow-shaped butter mints, Andes mints, Junior Mints, York peppermint patties

Meh: Candy canes, little red and white swirly mints

NOT Yummy: Mint Toothpaste, freshly picked mint leaves, anything with traces of juniper or eucalyptus, Vick's Vaporub, menthol in general

So if you are aware of any juice flavors that will fall in line with my examples, please share. Help a noob. Thanks.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
So if you are aware of any juice flavors that will fall in line with my examples, please share. Help a noob. Thanks.

It might help if people knew your location, so they'd know to recommend an eliquid sold in the US, or in Spain, in Australia, etc. No use getting suggestions for eliquid you won't be able to find/buy without spending an arm and a leg for international S/H. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: IDJoel

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Ahh, a woman after my own taste. I make my own juice and my all day vape is what I call Winter's Frost which is Wintergreen with some cooling agent added. I can give you the recipe if you want to DIY but other than that, sorry I don't know of any pre-made. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeekingYHVH

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
ScottP, I would ask for your recipe (which sounds delish), but I have no idea how to go about making my own juice. I've been vaping for about a month.

It's really pretty easy to do, I mean if you can follow a recipe to make a cake you can DIY liquid. You do need either some cheap syringes (for small batches) or some graduated cylinders (for larger batches) and of course the ingredients which are easily sourced (I can provide links if needed).

Last edited:

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
It's really pretty easy to do, I mean if you can follow a recipe to make a cake you can DIY liquid. You do need either some cheap syringes (for small batches) or some graduated cylinders (for larger batches) and of course the ingredients which are easily sourced (I can provide links if needed).
What is the Recipe? I'm looking for a DIY Mint too.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
What is the Recipe? I'm looking for a DIY Mint too.

I use Flavor West Wintergreen at 17% and Flavor Art Polar Blast at 4%. I get them both from nicotineriver. I make mine at 65PG/35VG at 6mg/ml but you may not want those ratios. So if you tell me the PG/VG ratio, nic level and total amount you want to make, I'll modify to suit your parameters.

Last edited:

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I use Flavor West Wintergreen at 17% and Flavor Art Polar Blast at 4%. I get them both from nicotineriver. I make mine at 65PG/35VG at 6mg/ml but you may not want those ratios. So if you tell me the PG/VG ratio, nic level and total amount you want to make, I'll modify to suit your parameters.
I just bought a bottle of 4.8 Unflavored Nicotine Base 100%VG, a bottle of USP VG and a bottle of 50mg Unflavored Nic Salt 50/50 The Base I want to cut to 2.4 and the Nic Salt I think I will leave at 50mg or 5.0 does that help?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I just bought a bottle of 4.8 Unflavored Nicotine Base 100%VG, a bottle of USP VG and a bottle of 50mg Unflavored Nic Salt 50/50 The Base I want to cut to 2.4 and the Nic Salt I think I will leave at 50mg or 5.0 does that help?

It's not possible to add something to something else without diluting it, so the only way to keep the 50mg/ml at 50mg/ml is to vape it straight without adding anything to it (including flavors). This is why people normally start out with 100mg/ml for the base and salt stock. Doing this also means you use a lot smaller amount of your expensive nic per bottle. Unfortunately to make the 4.8mg/ml be 2.4mg/ml you need to dilute it by 50%, if you mixed that with the 50mg/ml salts then the salts concentration would already be down to 25mg/ml and we still haven't added any flavors.

What I need is what you want the final ratios to be and the total amount you want to make.
EX:
I want 30ml of 50PG/50VG, with 25mg/ml salt OR
I want 50ml of 30PG/70VG, with 10mg/ml salt and another bottle of 30ml, 25PG/75VG, with 2.4mg/ml base

Something like that.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
It's not possible to add something to something else without diluting it, so the only way to keep the 50mg/ml at 50mg/ml is to vape it straight without adding anything to it (including flavors). This is why people normally start out with 100mg/ml for the base and salt stock. Doing this also means you use a lot smaller amount of your expensive nic per bottle. Unfortunately to make the 4.8mg/ml be 2.4mg/ml you need to dilute it by 50%, if you mixed that with the 50mg/ml salts then the salts concentration would already be down to 25mg/ml and we still haven't added any flavors.

What I need is what you want the final ratios to be and the total amount you want to make.
EX:
I want 30ml of 50PG/50VG, with 25mg/ml salt OR
I want 50ml of 30PG/70VG, with 10mg/ml salt and another bottle of 30ml, 25PG/75VG, with 2.4mg/ml base

Something like that.
OK that makes sense. This is the first time ever I'm experimenting with mixing any eliquid. So far this is what I know. Yesterday I bought a new bottle of the liquid I've been using. I took off the label and weighed it. It came out to be 50ml in weight. A spare empty bottle of the same weighed 13ml so the 30ml bottle I bought actually weighed 37ml. I would like to start with a bottle weighing 30ml total. The real reason I'm looking for a mint flavor is because I suspect the Menthol in the Durasmoke brand I'm using is what is giving me problems. I may be allergic to it and buying their brand of Mint may do the same thing. If the 5. Nic Salt is too strong for me I would cut it down to a lower Nic level. I understand that people buy the 100 level to cut it but starting out I wanted to stay below 6mg so I picked 4.8 in the base. If that doesn't work for me I could go higher but really at 2.4mg Nic Im happy. I only went higher on the Nic Salt because it was tolerable in the Vuse Alto and Vibe. In the end I'm really just looking for a good Mint flavor even if I just have to experiment with adding a drop of Mint at a time until I hit a sweet spot for me. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
OK that makes sense. This is the first time ever I'm experimenting with mixing any eliquid. So far this is what I know. Yesterday I bought a new bottle of the liquid I've been using. I took off the label and weighed it. It came out to be 50ml in weight. A spare empty bottle of the same weighed 13ml so the 30ml bottle I bought actually weighed 37ml. I would like to start with a bottle weighing 30ml total. The real reason I'm looking for a mint flavor is because I suspect the Menthol in the Durasmoke brand I'm using is what is giving me problems. I may be allergic to it and buying their brand of Mint may do the same thing. If the 5. Nic Salt is too strong for me I would cut it down to a lower Nic level. I understand that people buy the 100 level to cut it but starting out I wanted to stay below 6mg so I picked 4.8 in the base. If that doesn't work for me I could go higher but really at 2.4mg Nic Im happy. I only went higher on the Nic Salt because it was tolerable in the Vuse Alto and Vibe. In the end I'm really just looking for a good Mint flavor even if I just have to experiment with adding a drop of Mint at a time until I hit a sweet spot for me. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do you mean the bottle weighed 50mg (milligrams)? The unit "ml" is milliliters and measures volume, not weight.

You didn't mention if your salt nic was in PG or VG, but assuming VG the following recipe will make a 30ml bottle of 6mg/ml salts nic at 50%PG and 50% VG. If your salts is in PG let me know and I will update it.

50mg/ml Nic Salts in VG - 3.6 ml
Wintergreen - 5.1 ml
Polar Blast - 1.2 ml
PG - 8.7 ml
VG - 11.4 ml

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
OK, this would be my first experiment. One 30ml bottle at 2.4 Nic which would be just just using half VG and half 4.8 Nic. If it alters the weight that's OK. Other than for the Nic Salt which only comes 50/50 PG/VG at least from myfreedomsmokes I would only be using VG to dilute any Nic level. It may be that at least with the Tigon Kit the 5.0 level of the Nic Salt could be too high for me but I won't know that for a few days yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread