utah
    • Deleted by badkolo
    • Reason: bye

hdzrtvap

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2012
    Phelan, CA
    telescope_6.png

Sure looks purdy, can't wait to receive mine :)

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2012
    Texas
    • Deleted by badkolo
    • Reason: bye

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2010
    Chicago,IL.
    www.youtube.com
    • Deleted by badkolo
    • Reason: not having this discussion today, come back tomorow

hdzrtvap

ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2012
    Phelan, CA
    wonder what they said to get their message deleted.. anyways i wanted to pick one up to use with a kick but dammit.. i'll wait til and see

Nothing really to be worried about. Just a bunch of vendor hatters and lowlife banned members stirring the pot. Do your own research and don't be a sheep :) Oh! I forgot to add disrespectful in the mix Ha!

Sacker

ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2010
    USA - Honolulu, HI
    I'm not an engineer but idk you're talking about the pressure of a balloon compared to the force of a explosion from a failed battery .That's like testing bomb shelters with fire crackers .Anyone have the unit is there really all that glue in the end,looks like alot to me

yes there's glue in it, to hold the spring, in that guys video there's alot of it, on mines its uniformly welled inside the end cap of the button. I don't think the glue is really needed for this type of button. Maybe they didnt want the spring to be bouncing around during shipping, who knows..

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2010
    Sugar Land, Texas USA
    Because of the voiced safety concerns, whether we differ or not to what level these should be raised, I certainly respect the rationale of anyone bringing them up - it has gotten to the point of a bit of hysteria. On another venue, very distasteful and malevolent statements and ill will were expressed that quite frankly alarmed me that someone may stage something or do something to drive home a point.

So at this point I am in contact with SMOKtech (it is their weekend so I may be waiting all weekend) to see what their answer is to the concerns. In the meantime I have zeroed out the inventory. Any Telescope orders placed today will not be fulfilled and anyone who has purchased a Telescope we would like you to return and we will provide you a credit for any other product in our store equal to the amount you paid for your mod plus an additional $25.00 for the inconvenience. If you would rather have a credit card refund we will do that also and you will still be issued the store credit of $25.00 for any inconvenince and hassle in sending the item back, plus whatever shipping charges you may have incurred (I'd ask you to please do not send your unit back express mail : )

I was assured, as well as Chris, the fully threaded tube provides more than enough venting and that the firing pin where it enters the tube also provides space to vent as heat generated in a breakdown of a battery would liquify any glue that is at the base and provide a large vent hole. I was also under the impression the catch was a hard plastic but this is not what SMOKtech told me, I came to that conclusion from eyeballing it, but I was wrong.

I do not believe a balloon test entirely is an adequate simulation of what kind of venting would occur, room temperature versus the force of a thermal breakdown. But that is a moot point at this stage. Enough concern has been raised. This is probably a good thing, many people are becoming much more educated on battery safety whether some of us feel it may have been overblown a bit much.

For those of you who have purchased this item please return to:

GotVapes - Daniel
    10715 Buckeye Furnace
    Sugar Land, TX 77498

Once received I will issue you a store credit or credit card refund (your choice). You will also be given a $25.00 store credit for your inconvenice and to that will be added your cost of shipping the unit back.

Unless SMOKtech provides us redress in either modifying the tubes or sending us tubes that aleviate any saftey concerns we will probably have to count this as a loss and that is plenty ok. Chris and I DO care ALOT about everyone and we want you completely comfortable about making purchases at GotVapes.com.

I will keep everyone informed as to SMOKtech's response as soon as I find out.

Thanks much to everyone and to the wonderful ECF community and it is meant from my heart and I am sure Chris also.

AG51

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    anyone who has purchased a Telescope we would like you to return and we will provide you a credit for any other product in our store equal to the amount you paid for your mod plus an additional $25.00 for the inconvenience.
    we will probably have to count this as a loss and that is plenty ok. Chris and I DO care ALOT about everyone and we want you completely comfortable about making purchases at GotVapes.com.
    :( Oh Danno, this saddens me to no end :( You are going above and beyond your call of duty here for these people who bought this product. I hate to see any vendor, especially you guys who have been so good to us all here, to take a loss such as this. Respect is something that is earned and you my friends have earned it more then twice over for this. I did not purchase one of these units but if I did I would refuse your extra store credit. That is not needed in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread