Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Do you folk not have AVG?

This is a very good question. I've never seen it here, come to think of it. Our nicotine and DIY vendors usually sell VG and PG as diluents. Aqueous Glycerine and PEG are popular on your side of the pond. But don't quote me--I may be wrong. :)

Like here:

PG & VG

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    This is a very good question. I've never seen it here, come to think of it. Our nicotine and DIY vendors usually sell VG and PG as diluents. Aqueous Glycerine and PEG are popular on your side of the pond. But don't quote me--I may be wrong. :)

Like here:

PG & VG
    A few suppliers are selling AVG here in the UK but not all. They state its VG with approx 10% distilled water.
    You've got me now, not heard of PEG, I will take a gander

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    A few suppliers are selling AVG here in the UK but not all. They state its VG with approx 10% distilled water.
    You've got me now, not heard of PEG, I will take a gander

PG--propylene glycol
    VG--vegetable glycerin or glycerol
    PEG--polyethylene glycol (least popular of the three)

PEG was sold in the UK, not so much here. But that was years ago, maybe they are not using it anymore.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    PG--propylene glycol
    VG--vegetable glycerin or glycerol
    PEG--polyethylene glycol (least popular of the three)

PEG was sold in the UK, not so much here. But that was years ago, maybe they are not using it anymore.
    Just had a read up on what PEG is. I'd not heard of it before. PG and PEG are pretty similar. I'm not aware of vendors selling it here anymore.

Reactions: Katya

DaveOno

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Dutchess County, New York
    Just musing here...

I wonder if the forum should not allow a new member's first post to start a thread. We have seen so many of these, asking a legit question, and all of us chime in with sage advice.

Yet the original poster is long gone, a one-and-done.

In the good side, I do learn a lot.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I wonder if the forum should not allow a new member's first post to start a thread.

I believe that it's easier to monitor new arrivals for any irregularities, spam, solicitations and such if they are only allowed to post in NM via new threads. If they were allowed to post anywhere, it would be much harder to spot them.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Just musing here...

I wonder if the forum should not allow a new member's first post to start a thread. We have seen so many of these, asking a legit question, and all of us chime in with sage advice.

Yet the original poster is long gone, a one-and-done.

In the good side, I do learn a lot.

I fully understand the frustration, but we also get a lot of decent new members who start by posting a problem they're having. It's also possible that the OP has checked the responses without logging in. While it would be better to hear back from them, I don't really mind helping out a struggling vaper even if they don't respond.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread