Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
Hi folks, just a little review from a relative vape newb. I recently got the eGo matte black with 2 extra automatic batts, one passthrough with manual battery, one atty (I'll have more this week) and the usual refillable carts, juices, and all. I'm using the blue fluval foam in my carts and it's working really well for me. Dripping is fine, but I am lazy and like to lay around and vape which is harder to do when you have a squeeze bottle to use. =) I can't testify to the life of the atty yet because I only have the one, but I blow it out with canned air every night and try to keep the battery terminals clean as well. Everything seems to be working well so far.

I looked around for awhile before I decided on the eGo (after using a crappy analog-alike for a little while). I got it from Ultra (electronic-cigz.com) who is on the forum here. The deciding factors were a) reviews of the company here and b) it's in Canada, so everything would be sure to make it to me.

Throat Hit: Well, when you start vaping, everything seems like a big hit. After awhile it gets a bit clearer. You get a low to medium throat hit on the eGo with the automatic batts unless you really suck on it - don't expect to get a hit if you don't use the cone to increase the vapour heat. The manual batt on the passthrough, however, gives you a really big hot throat hit. I like to have both options available to me. If TH is your thing, definitely stick to manual batts. Dripping also increases this hit.

Flavour: Yummy. The auto batts seem to be better for more delicate fruity flavours; the hot PT manual batt makes strong tobacco flavours really mature and come out all the way. Again, I like to have both options. Of course, dripping increases the flavour on all sides.

Vapour: MASSIVE. Both the auto batts and the manual batt create huge clouds that float around in the air for quite awhile. I am really big on vapour, so this has been a big plus for me. Of course, I use mostly VG liquids which make more vapour, but really, the quantity is ridiculous. I love it.

Looks: Matte black, silver details... can't really go wrong. It looks nothing like an analog, which I like. It would be cool if you could get alternate batts that had a crazy led thing on the end, maybe. Or, if I could get a deep maroon/purple set, I would go nuts. =D The passthrough manual battery is somewhat heavier than the autos and after using the PT for a while, you can really tell the difference when you switch back. It's not so huge that I'd refrain from using the PT or anything. Overall, this is pretty much exactly what I expected and wanted from a nice PV lookswise.

Battery life: Amazing, so far. The auto batts have lasted me anywhere from 5-12 hours on a single charge. Having extras and a PT to boot, I never have to say AAAGH I CAN'T VAPE!!

Overall: I think this is a really well-priced, high quality entry level PV. I could say that I would be happy with this set permanently as my only kit. Knowing me though, I will succumb to the wiles of another kit by the end of the year. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread