Status
Not open for further replies.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I've been vaping 12mg nic, and mixing down some of my stock of higher nic juices.

Still have quite a bit of higher nic juice laying about, but I've been thinking about not having higher nic at hand and therein lies the rub.

Getting a little antsy: "But.. but.. I love my nic.. what am I gonna do if I don't have my nic..". You get the picture.

Starting to psych myself out even though I've had no problems with the 12mg, the thought of not having big barrels of nic is throwing me somewhat.

So, I decided to try vaping different nic levels just to see what that would be like.

0, 6, 12, 18, 24mg.. Got it all here.

Have to say, I do notice when there is no nicotine, but it tastes just fine. 6mg ain't half bad. Anything above that is peachy. 18 and 24mg I just have to watch it. Don't want to overdo those Two, but otherwise.. hunky dory.

But still, the idea of no nic gives me the willies.

I'm guessing that, in the end, quitting nic entirely is going to come down to overcoming the heebie jeebies I have surrounding a no nic existence.

Not saying that is my ultimate goal. Just playing around with the idea.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
If you want to O nic it at some point, or even give up vaping and Nicotine. It will just take a well regimented plan. I would do it in steps, mix up yourself a 9mg supply and a 3mg supply, and just go down in 3mg increments every 3-6 months. While paying attention to the total daily and weekly volume you consume. To see if you arent making up the different by vaping more of lesser nic level juice.

I keep a vape diary, of sorts. Of how much juice i go through each day. I only started doing this when about 2 weeks before I went from 18mg to 12mg... just because i wanted a 18mg baseline consumption level. I have been at 12mg for 3 weeks now, and my consumption is up a tiny bit... but not enough to that by total daily consumption im getting the same ammount of daily nicotine.

I hope that all made sense.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Very interesting to read that you describe what you feel as almost a "fear" of not having enough nicotine. I can absolutely relate, and am presently having a similar problem. I've got some 6mg juice that I got because I wanted to try dripping but, well, I'm too lazy to enjoy it. So I bought a new tank but I just cannot get myself to try the 6mg juice in it. Part of me keeps saying "6?! That isn't enough, man, you're going to freak out!" But then the other part of me has a suspicion that vaping anywhere in the 6-18mg range is just psychological. In other words... if I covered up the labels, and vaped a 6mg and 12 or 18mg without knowing what it was, could I tell the difference?

*gets scared and chain vapes 18mg Tribeca at 2:30am* Ah, that's better.

Edit: woohoo, 500 posts.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Yeah, Dave pointed that out when I posted about dropping to 12mg, toast.

12 to 6mg is definitely a big drop.

Mach, just try some 6mg. It's not that bad really. Lol. You don't have to live on the stuff.

Look, I know that when I was smoking cigalikes, as a steady thing, I wasn't getting anywhere near enough nic to stop the cravings all the time. But the action of vaping, as long as you've got that you can deal I've found. This is what sets vaping apart from gum or patches IMO. You get that action and a lot of times that's all you need.

Anyway, I thought I needed to just go do it instead of stressing about it. It changes your perspective, gives you something concrete to evaluate.

Toast, good tip on the 9mg.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Nicotine3Dan2.gif

Nicotine. We have all been there, done that, still wearing the T-shirts. ;)

There are physically and psychologically addictive properties about this legal stimulant. As long as you are not smoking, a vast majority of risk is cut out of the equation. Nicotine consumption at .6%, 1.2%, 1.8%, and 2.4% should be of minimal concern... provided you are not having overdose symptoms. That said, you should not be having withdrawal symptoms either.

I just hit my 1 year vapeiversary (all Halo products) and just recently began vaping my first round of 6mg's.

24mg's was overkill for me right away. 18mg's was good for awhile, but became too much in my Tritons with my daily vapor consumption, so I dropped to all 12's. Which was perfect until I wanted to vape a little more. Not because I wasn't nic satisfied, but because I wanted the flavor, tactile and visual satisfaction. It's a bit of a therapeutic process/hobby.

So I am vaping half 12mg's, half 6's. Which averages out to 9mg although it's not mixed. Have not noticed much of a difference, and don't vape too much more if any.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
I started at 12mg and it was enough to satisfy me and helped me kick the coffin nails (unplanned!). I later got some 18mg for those times I needed a quicker fix (work etc) and actually don't notice too much of a diff unless I get carried away chain vaping...however; that's not too hard to do with Halo's amazing flavors! My thoughts: vape as low as you can get satisfaction and have time for! ANY is still exponentially better than where we came from!!

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I've been vaping 12mg nic, and mixing down some of my stock of higher nic juices.

Still have quite a bit of higher nic juice laying about, but I've been thinking about not having higher nic at hand and therein lies the rub.

Getting a little antsy: "But.. but.. I love my nic.. what am I gonna do if I don't have my nic..". You get the picture.

Starting to psych myself out even though I've had no problems with the 12mg, the thought of not having big barrels of nic is throwing me somewhat.

So, I decided to try vaping different nic levels just to see what that would be like.

0, 6, 12, 18, 24mg.. Got it all here.

Have to say, I do notice when there is no nicotine, but it tastes just fine. 6mg ain't half bad. Anything above that is peachy. 18 and 24mg I just have to watch it. Don't want to overdo those Two, but otherwise.. hunky dory.

But still, the idea of no nic gives me the willies.

I'm guessing that, in the end, quitting nic entirely is going to come down to overcoming the heebie jeebies I have surrounding a no nic existence.

Not saying that is my ultimate goal. Just playing around with the idea.

I'm the same way. Going on a year of no cigs and still stuck on 12. Started at 18 so I did drop (too quickly, I might add). I have tried my friends 6 mg and it does nothing for me. I need TH and nic. Sometimes I feel like I'm never gonna get down to 6.

I did try mixing it up and got 9 mg, but still, zippo for me. I really wish at times I liked menthol so I can get that throat sensation but honestly it's not a cooling sensation I crave, it's the actual TH.

Also explains why weaker flavors also do nothing for me. I can't taste them and no TH. I may try stronger flavors like Torque of something in 6 mg and see how that goes but for now, I'm sticking to 12.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
I'm was totally opposite of most of you. Out of ignorance, I STARTED at 6mgs, and went up, all the way to 18mgs. Tried 24mgs, but couldn't stop the little green leprechauns from trying to sell me bootleg videos, or were they aliens? Idk, I can't remember. Anyway, 12mgs is great for me, cuz like Angi, I've gotta have my TH, especially with tobacco flavors. I have a lot of 6mgs too, because if you start getting into bigger, more powerful devices, the nic delivery is stronger, also the TH....ymmv. Keep on keeping on jwbnyc. You're doing great! Whatever keeps ya off da stinkies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread