Not open for further replies.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
From 18mg. to 12mg..

Tried to do that a while back and no go.

Recently, I started dripping. And that's when the issues started: Heart palpitations, irregular heart beat, general anxiety, trouble sleeping. Classic nicotine OD symptoms.

It took a while for me to twig to it because I've been using 18mg., with occasional forays to 24mg., for a couple of years now with no issues.

The thing is, once I started dripping, the same issues transferred to tanks and cartos. I didn't really get it until I used some 24mg. and then it was really apparent just what was going on.

So, here I am totally switched over to 12mg.. Really quite pleased. Never thought I'd make it down so low. Now I'm looking at 6mg..

Course now I have to start doing the nic level shuffle mixing down all this 18 and 24mg. I have on hand. Fair trade.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Does dripping alter nicotine delivery?

I'll never be a dripper or a mod fanatic and chasing clouds isn't my thing. However, one should be completely satisfied with your analog alternatives. Different strokes for different folks.

18mg to 12mg was the easiest decision I ever made. 24mg was too much even in a G6, and after a while 18mg was still too much in a Triton. 12mg is perfect. I am giving serious consideration dropping to 6mg, but I'm afraid I will want to vape more.

So many stories about ex-smokers not only quitting, but lowering their nic intake over time... and they say vaping isn't an approved smoking cessation tool. :facepalm:

Last edited:

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
jwbnyc - that's awesome! Congratulations. Of course I am not knocking anyone that sticks to higher nicotine (*cough* like myself) but I commend you for dropping it. I hope to be able to do that someday. Like you, for years when I bought juice I'd get practically the highest nicotine level that manufacturer offered. I vaped 24mg Halo for a year and just last month I switched to 18.

Does dripping alter nicotine delivery?

Absolutely. I just got my first RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) and the guy at the store told me to drop all the way down to 6mg for dripping. I thought he was crazy and told him it wouldn't satisfy me, and he looked at me very seriously and said "Trust me." So I set up my dripper, put some of the 6mg liquid in it, and... it blew my face off. I couldn't believe I got the classic nic head buzz from only 6.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Absolutely. I just got my first RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) and the guy at the store told me to drop all the way down to 6mg for dripping. I thought he was crazy and told him it wouldn't satisfy me, and he looked at me very seriously and said "Trust me." So I set up my dripper, put some of the 6mg liquid in it, and... it blew my face off. I couldn't believe I got the classic nic head buzz from only 6.

Very interesting. I wonder what the science is behind it. I always thought if it's producing vapor it would be just as potent, given quantity of vapor and nicotine potency.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
jwbnyc, Nice to hear.

From 18 to 12 isn't too bad, reduction of a third. It's the next step that's more difficult. From 12 to 6 is half. That's where I am. I have 12 and 6 and mix them for 9. Or I'll have a 12 tank and another at 6, and alternate during the day.

8 months ago, my plan was to replace smoking with vaping, then reduce the nic levels and eventually stop vaping. But after I learned there isn't a downside to nicotine, like caffeine, why not just keep doing it? The only downsides I see are that it is an addiction, and I'd freak for a while if I couldn't vape. Oh, and it's still an expense, although cheaper than cigs, of course.

I'm trying to lower my nic, cause I really don't like being addicted, and fear the withdrawal. But thankfully this is a safe addiction now.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
all on the triton, no dripping, I went from 24 to 6 gradually over 6 months,
whenever I dropped the nic, I vaped more often, but then I gradually reduced
vaping frequency.

going from analogues to vaping increased my nic intake a lot at the beginning,
and I would stay up all night vaping, unable to sleep, but now I'm guessing my nic
intake is lower than when I was smoking. I can go hours without a vape no problems.
and the cravings I get from nic in vaping is nowhere near in intensity of the cravings I
had when smoking.

My next order is going to be 0 nic, and I will vape on 0 until i get a nic fit, then switch
to 6 for 5 minutes, then back to 0. Half the battle is the needing to vape because I'm
bored, or it's just what I do, vape, so I figure I will do the bored vape at 0 nic.

that's my plan anyway.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
I'm almost at a month since I got my Triton and switched to 12mg, which is perfect for me. I think my next order might be 6mg, because I too end up staying up a long time. The nic buzz kinda keep me awake, unlike cigs, and I keep vaping cause its awesome. I will probably have some 12mg just to be safe or mix it. Very satisfied with where I'm at though, but I'd like to have a smaller mg addiction :vapor:.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
jwbnyc - that's awesome! Congratulations. Of course I am not knocking anyone that sticks to higher nicotine (*cough* like myself) but I commend you for dropping it. I hope to be able to do that someday. Like you, for years when I bought juice I'd get practically the highest nicotine level that manufacturer offered. I vaped 24mg Halo for a year and just last month I switched to 18.

Oh yeah. I bought my first dripping atomizer a few weeks ago and didn't even think about the nic until I almost fell out of my chair. It was actually kind of unpleasant dripping at 12mg. The buzz was fun though, haven't had one of those in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread