A little help here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsand0101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Fairfax, VA, USA
I am having problems with not getting a good drag off my E cig, I have replaced the coil and it still didn't get better, I just started using a brand new Clearomizer and its a little better now but Im frustrated that the other isn't working. Plus overall I don't seem to be getting a good amount of exhail smoke. I don't have the money right now to buy more stuff and this is frustrating since I havnt had a real cig in almost 3 months but im afraid I might buy a pack if this gets worse. Here is a list of everything I have. Everything was bought from Discount Vapors. 1 x DV eGo CE Starter Kit - 900mah - VV
1 x eGo 900mAh Battery - Skull Raised Etch
1 x DV eGo CE4+ Clearomizer - Smoke 2.4 Ohms
2 x Kanger eVod Bottom Coil Clearomizer - Black
1 x eGo USB Rapid Charger - 420mAh
1 x eGo Variable Voltage 900mAh Battery - Stainless w/Rubber Button
1 x DV eGo CE4+ Clearomizer - Smoke 2.4 Ohms
1 x Kanger eVod Bottom Coil Clearomizer - Red
1 x Kanger eVod Bottom Coil Clearomizer - Blue
3 x Kanger eVod Coil Replacement **5 Pack - 2.5 ohms

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I replaced the head on a stock evod with a 2.2 ohm and I like it much better. I vape around 4v and its great.

I should add that I still have my days where I feel unsatisfied, but I attribute it to quitting pains. As long as you're getting a decent cloud your equipment is most likely doing its job.

Last edited:

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK, you're NOT going to get much vapor with a 3.7volt battery and a 2 ohm coil or delivery system.
Actually the plain eGo batteries are only about 3.4 volts I think.

What you need is a low ohm coil so try a 1.5 ohm which will produce a warmer vape and higher watts.
Look at this chart. What you need is close to maximum watts allowed at your given voltage.
So, the eGo with a 2 ohm load is only producing 6 watts. You need close to 8.

ECIG oHms Versus Volts.jpg

PM me if you wish and I will help you.........

You have a great supplier there too.
Charles

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The 2.5 ohm coils should work fine on the VV battery if you turn it all the way up.

I wouldn't do that on the Evod. DV's VV eGo batteries max out at 4.8v. On a 2.5 coil that's gonna produce somewhere north of 9.0 watts and my experience with the factory Evod coils is more like frying the juice than atomizing it. Somewhere around 4.25 and 4.50v should drive that little tank very well.

Vaping style might be having an effect, too. JS may be trying to vape like he smoked. Try taking a deep, mouth-only draw and exhale through the mouth and nostrils after ramping up the voltage on the VV. I bet it produces a nice little cloud.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Put them on the VV battery, and slowly work the voltage up. One of the reasons for VV is to be able to adjust the vape to taste, and by increasing the voltage on a given head, you increase the power consumed (watts), increase the vape. Just keep turning it up until you start to get a burnt taste, the back it down a touch.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I just found an old dv ego 2.4 clearo I had and its atleast working decent enough for me. I just don't get why the evod ones are not working.

Am I right, you have some evods and they're not working on your battery?

99% sure that'll be there's no contact on the positive (centre) pin. Can you lift the pin a little (be very careful) or pull the evod centre down a bit?

It happens. I tend to screw it down more, but that's a dangerous method in all honesty.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Not necessarily. Just that you got a bit over-zealous in putting them together. Pushed pins happen.

For the evod, straighten out a paper clip. Use one end to either "wiggle" the pin around the sides, or put it just a little way in and "wiggle" as you draw it out. You only need a little, maybe 1/32nd inch. Just a tad! Don't pull too far, or you'll pull it out, have a mess, and ruin the clearo.

For the battery end - turn it off first! - again, wiggle the post up a tad.

Between the two, if a bad connection was the problem, you should be good to go.

When you assemble, just make contact, don't crank it down.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread