• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A new religion (chatty stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I've been so out of the loop lately - Merry Meet to our newer members! - because we've been busy being indoctrinated into the cult of Texas A&M University and their Corps of Cadets. (Pagan mom raises multiple TAMU Students; Story at 11!)

OMG, talk about a religion unto itself, and I'm drinkin' the koolaid, so to speak. We live about 5 1/2 hours from College Station, and have been there the last two weekends for the beginning of the Corps orientation week, "fish Review" and a fish fry to celebrate getting through that first week - and now we're going back again this weekend to be there at the first football game. (The Corps march into the stadium behind the band, it's a big deal amongst their 234,214,999 big deal traditions. ;))

But I am soooo tired of that drive! But SO damned proud of my kid I could just burst. He's always been a little goofy, a little uncoordinated, and while he's played every sport our tiny school offers, not the star of any team by a long shot. Oddly, he's the kind of kid that got "Most Bookwormish" AND Homecoming King. (I love my town and the kids therein. lol)

But while he's sort of managed to get through here... There? It's like these are his PEOPLE. We were going through pictures his unit posted every day during orientation, and he looks MISERABLE. I was terrified that whole week. Then we get there and no, he was "happy" - that was his "fish face" and an angry fish is a happy fish. And he's known for that motivating face.

I'm a happy (very, very tired) Mama bear right now. (Who is going to be feeding the rest of her cubs ramen and grubs if we keep making this damned drive so often!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread