A non sub ohm tank/coils better then Aspire Nautailus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
Hi guys. I used to love the Aspire Nautailus and Nautailus mini. However, I'm tired of how "clogged" the air holes get as time goes on. Yes I've tried everything under the sun to keep my tanks clean, and from them getting clogged.

I've tried the Atlantis and sub ohm vaping. It's just way too much for me. I don't care for the lung hit method of vaping. 20 years ago...maybe. But now I'm in my forties it's just too much.

So...my question...is there a tank that offers coils at least "as good" as the Aspire BVC's, that has no problem with the airflow getting clogged over time?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sunburst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Williamsport, PA
My experience is a bit limited as far as all of the possibilities, but have you seen the Silo by Beyond Vape? It's sort of a better looking Nautilus+. Unfortunately for you, the prime improvement was more airflow, but I'm not certain how far down it will adjust for the MTL crowd.

Aside from that, I think that a little while back Suck My Mod did a roundup of newer clearos.

Ooh, one more idea: the egrip will take BVCs with an adapter, I believe. That should be a pretty awesome vape. Failing all of those ideas, would you consider something rebuildable? A Kayfun style tank may be right up your alley.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Because of restricted air flow I cleaned the bottoms of my two N minis this morning by taking off the coil and soaking them in hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes, rinse then soak in alcohol, rinse, then I pushed water through the air system by pushing it with my mouth, repeated the process for good measure then put them next to a forced air heat vent to dry quickly. The cleaning was overdue and they flow air like new. I don't know if the hydrogen peroxide effects the gaskets, it doesn't seem to. Some times I like the big air of my Atlantis but most of the time I still vape the N minis and use an egrip with rba for out and about. Next I'm looking for a rebuildable tank perhaps the Delta 2.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
Just an idea, you don't need to do a lung hit on an Atlantis. You can move off the "click" on the airflow ring, and tighten down one of the slots until its tight enough to do a mouth-lung hit. But then again, I don't know how well the Atlantis coils perform at lower wattages.

You might want to look into the new Subtank Mini or Nano. They have a 1.2 ohm coil option that will perform fine at lower wattages, it doesn't need to be powered up so high like the Atlantis. And you can similarly tighten down the airflow slot like I just mentioned, to give you a comfortable mouth-lung hit.

Also, the coils on the Subtank are made with Japanese organic cotton pads, which I find much more desirable than Aspires mystery silica paper hybrid wick they use in their BVC coils.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi guys. I used to love the Aspire Nautailus and Nautailus mini. However, I'm tired of how "clogged" the air holes get as time goes on. Yes I've tried everything under the sun to keep my tanks clean, and from them getting clogged.

I've tried the Atlantis and sub ohm vaping. It's just way too much for me. I don't care for the lung hit method of vaping. 20 years ago...maybe. But now I'm in my forties it's just too much.

So...my question...is there a tank that offers coils at least "as good" as the Aspire BVC's, that has no problem with the airflow getting clogged over time?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

how about one of these bad boys...

the nano, and use the occ coils @ 1.2Ω (not the sub Ω)

nano is 18.5mm and NO rebuildable deck
- Kanger SubTank Nano

the mini is 22mm and comes with both rebuildable deck & coils
(the reg one is 25mm !)

bonus: the occ coils look REALLY easy to rebuild

:evil:

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I would recommend the Subtank Mini too. As said you can use 1.2 coils which are awesome at 15 watts. Also you will have the option to buy the .5 coils in the event you choose to go that route down the road. I've been using one of these coils for over 2 weeks with absolutely no problems whatsoever. No leaks, simple to fill and it even comes with a rebuildable deck, that's pre-built if you choose to want to try it.

ETA:
I just reread your post and there's no reason why you would need to lung hit the subtank. But then again you said you tried the Atlantis which I can do mouth to lung all day on.

Last edited:

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
I would recommend the Subtank Mini too. As said you can use 1.2 coils which are awesome at 15 watts. Also you will have the option to buy the .5 coils in the event you choose to go that route down the road. I've been using one of these coils for over 2 weeks with absolutely no problems whatsoever. No leaks, simple to fill and it even comes with a rebuildable deck, that's pre-built if you choose to want to try it.

ETA:
I just reread your post and there's no reason why you would need to lung hit the subtank. But then again you said you tried the Atlantis which I can do mouth to lung all day on.

KC-thanks for the reply (and the others who replied) I actually ordered the mini Subtank this morning. Tell me this...using the 1.2 coils can you still get a better hit/bigger clouds then say....a Istick 20w with a Nautailus mini would offer? Doing a mouth to lung hit that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread