Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Ohhhh I think I realize why Grimmgreen hasn't reviewed the Provari yet. He didn't get it for free. Haha. The guy is great, does good reviews and all of course but I just clicked random videos of his when he reviews a PV, and they have a disclaimer that says along the lines "I did receive this product for free but my review will be no BS, my honest opinion, yada yada" I think provape figures they do well enough without having to send reviewers free items. I bet Mr Busardo payed for his out of his pocket because he really wanted one just like us and wanted to tell us what he thought which is great.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I don't know... Phil Busardo was asking for someone to lend him a ProVari and in the beginning I think he was thanking someone. I really got the feeling he had given an honest hard try to not be impressed by the ProVari, and yet he couldn't help it. Really, I think that's what makes this review a great win: when he said 'I get it'.

From his past reviews, I think he is rarely moved by hype and popularity, and he also is very strict with 'value vs. price' in all products, so I bet he initially was leaning towards maybe the ProVari is just hype and it's overpriced, but he was genuinely won over. That's just the vibe I got. And really... the scene when he captured the voltage on the very last button press as the battery died... what more can you ask?!

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
I loved that scene elf. It was the proof that the provari keeps the voltage throughout the life of the battery. That hilarious intro was Phil's way of saying he loves the provari by the way haha.. I'm really glad he appreciates it for what it is. A good solid device.

My first impression after a while playing around with it is that it was made for vapors by vapors. A labor of love. I mean the ohm tester for example. I bet the creator had some spare cartos lying around and didnt know what they were rated at. So they added that feature which is one of my favorites.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I got the impression from his "A very special thank you to Brandon for the kind words and for setting this up for me."

Is there a Brandon at Provape? Then he talks about what exactly they sent him, and how he'll be ordering the different cap later for himself, etc.

Also note that they told him about the Mini-Provari before it was even announced.

He got it free, although I'd never expect that to bias his review. Pbusardo and GrimmGreen are two reviewers I always trust to give their honest opinion, good or bad.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
I got the impression from his "A very special thank you to Brandon for the kind words and for setting this up for me."

Is there a Brandon at Provape? Then he talks about what exactly they sent him, and how he'll be ordering the different cap later for himself, etc.

Also note that they told him about the Mini-Provari before it was even announced.

He got it free, although I'd never expect that to bias his review. Pbusardo and GrimmGreen are two reviewers I always trust to give their honest opinion, good or bad.

Lol, I am Brandon, the one he mentioned. I got a little kick out of that one. Pretty cool he mentioned me. I'm not with provape, just a bartender in Murrells Inlet. I'm bsyarborough on youtube.

I actually mentioned in a past video he did that we'd like to see a provari review. Then in another review made a comment people should email provape & ask them to send one to Phil to review. I don't know if any one else did, but kindly begging & groveling for them to hook him up. Surprisingly they (provape) responded that day & said they'd check him out & have Phil get in touch with them. Pretty awesome & my hat goes off to provape to take the time to listen & consider a consumer. They made me a provape lifer for sure.

Two thumbs up to Phil as well. When I first started investigating e-cigs my head was swimming trying to figure out what all the crazy names, numbers, set-ups, options.... you remember. Found Phil's reviews & it really made it 1,000 easier to understand & figure out. His reviews always rock.

I went ahead & ordered a V2 before the video even came out. I couldn't wait & didn't actually know he scored one. Now that I own one I lmao at the homage intro & totally related to it.

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Lol, I am Brandon, the one he mentioned. I got a little kick out of that one. Pretty cool he mentioned me. I'm not with provape, just a bartender in Murrells Inlet. I'm bsyarborough on youtube.

I actually mentioned in a past video he did that we'd like to see a provari review. Then in another review made a comment people should email provape & ask them to send one to Phil to review. I don't know if any one else did, but kindly begging & groveling for them to hook him up. Surprisingly they (provape) responded that day & said they'd check him out & have Phil get in touch with them. Pretty awesome & my hat goes off to provape to take the time to listen & consider a consumer. They made me a provape lifer for sure.

Well that worked out well. :)

I'm glad you took the initiative. I was on his comments asking him to review the Provari as well. He said he'd love to if he had access to one someone could loan him. Good thing Provape approved of his reviews and sent him one, because at the moment his review and the review by Scott (igetcha69) are pretty much the "definitive" Provari reviews on youtube.

I think I've watched Phil's review three times already. :)

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Yeah, I know some one also mentioned to mail him a loaner which was pretty cool. Glad they didn't because we would have got a V1 review right when the 2 was coming out.

That guy must have two Provari because I wouldnt go a day without mine. Ha.

jtieri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Chicago
The review was AWESOME and I now have a black satin V2 on order. Now the part I hate.....WAITING!!! This will be my FIRST mod and I figured, why not go with the best??? Looking forward to getting that email that tells me it shipped. I may even take off work the day it's supposed to come. I'm 42 years old but feel like a kid at Christmas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread