Status
Not open for further replies.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
So I already have a Lavatube V2 that I'm pretty happy with, build quality, warranty, performance, ease of use, all very good.

I also have a SS Vamo, and it's also very good... No complaints for sure...

But I just happened to browse the classifieds and happened to find a ProVari V1 for sale for $110 shipped.

Satin Silver, and has 18650 extension cap included...

Sure, it's a bit used... And I have to go without it for a few days while I send it to ProVape for a V2 overhaul, but overall I'm pretty excited about getting a ProVari V2 for $130...

I keep hearing over and over how great they are, and after all the reading I've done, and reviews I've watched, I'm not hesitant at all to pick up a used one!

I kinda feel like I hit the lottery... LoL Most of the used ProVari's were $160+

I figure if you can save anything more than $20 on a used one, you did good... Heh, so yeah, I'm looking forward to it!

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Probably not far from the truth there :)

Now I'll feel a bit more legit when I make my videos... Rockin everyones favorite PV (ProVari) and everyones favorite PV to get when they can't get a ProVari (Vamo)

Now I gotta get some button top batteries...

That is true that you can't use flat top batteries in a ProVari right? Has to be button tops?

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
AW 18650's are readily available locally from the Volcano retail shops... 18490's though... not so much... I may pick up a couple of those...

Do you find yourself ever using it in 18490 mode if you have the extension cap? Or are you always using 18650's?

Edit: Also, any particular reason you use AW exclusively? Is there any reason not to use button top Panasonic hybrids or the EFest IMR's?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been using AW brand since I got my first mods several months ago. They are one of the top three (if not THE top) battery available. And it is the brand that Provape designed the Provari around, and that they recommend exclusively.

I use my Provari in the extended format probably 75% of the time. I have more of those batteries charged at any given moment. I do have a pair of the 18490 that I put in just for a change, especially if I plan on taking the Provari for out and about.

I'm growing to like shorter mods the longer I vape. I never did like the baton eGo batteries. I have a Smoktech VV Gripper and a Ovale V8 gripper box mod that I use for outside the home. They are much lighter to hold and carry than the Provari, fit in a pocket as easy as any pack of analogs did, and if something happens to them while away from home they are not that expensive to replace ($30). I find it very annoying when my tube mods role out of my reach when placed on the passenger seat of my car. :-x

I'd own a Mini Provari if I could afford a second one. :wub:

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Thanks for the info...

Compared to both the Lavatube V2 and the Vamo, the ProVari standard (even with the extender cap) is going to be mini to me... Heh...

I think the Vamo in shorty mode with a single 18350 is about the size of a ProVari with the standard cap. I'll obviously be able to side by side them all better when I have all 3 next to each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread