The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A question about safe batteries

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by kathi17, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Today I was reading the sticky about rechargeable batteries, and now I am worried about the ones I have.

I bought the one called Puff E-Liquid Tank Kit because it was the only one of that type available here.

I was a bit concerned when I read the instructions, and they obviously were translated from (probably) Chinese. They were so bad that they were difficult to figure out, so I went to their website to see if there were better instructions. Well, the website listed on the box doesn't even mention the tank kits, so I Googled it, and the only information I could find listd was Ali Baba, or whatever it's called. The sticky I read talks about how many counterfeit batteries are out there, and not to buy from them.

There are also supposed to be gas vents or something. I'm not sure what those look like, but I don't see anything that looks like vents on mine. Where are the vents located? The documentation that came with the kit doesn't say anything except that the battery is Lithium Ion 650 mAh.

I did see someone asking about these on a different forum when I googled them, and people there thought it was an eGo clone or something, but that's all I could find out.

I'm wondering if mine sounds dangerous???

Also, if the instructions say not to vape with it in a horizontal position because it might leak, I expect that I shouldn't store it that way either.

Anyway, thanks for any answers you guys can give a noobie like me.

2. Margate69

Margate69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It sounds like a knock off battery, but some of them are ok to use.

It really depends on the device you are using them in.

Mech? Regulated? VV/VW?

Most likely it is an ICR battery which isn't the safest battery to use in a MECH mod.

Pic?

3. Lolli

Lolli Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Pennsylvania
  4. Margate69

Margate69 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

^^^ if that is yours, you are fine. I wouldn't leave it charging overnight though. The chargers are very cheap and sometimes catch fire.

5. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Thanks guys, yes, Lolli, that is basically my kit. I bought the double kit with two of everything except the charger, but they are identical. They had those single kits at the cigarette shop as well.

I feel a little better about it now. Does anyone know which batteries would work with mine and my charger? Sorry to be so dumb about this, but I couldn't quite figure out which batteries work with what, and I want to get better ones before these give out.

6. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Thanks! I'm glad I unplugged it before I went to bed last night. That's what I was afraid of!

7. Lolli

Lolli Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Any ego type battery should work. You could upgrade your kit all together since your tank will most likely start leaking before your battery dies. Perhaps a nice Kanger Evod starter kit for like $35. You would get 2 batteries and 2 tanks from a reputable maker. That is of course only a suggestion, as there are a zillion different set ups. You WILL want to upgrade at some point though.
    Also, the reason I suggest 2 in a starter kit is so you have a back up. You should have at LEAST 2 batteries for when one is charging

8. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Thanks Lolli, that's why I bought the double kit, but I can see I really got ripped off on the price of the second battery! I have been reading good things about the Kanger Evod on this forum, so I'll keep it in mind.

At least now I know they aren't any more dangerous than most batteries. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.