a Question for those who have ordered multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I placed my first order yesterday (Malty Toffee, Honey Flue Nut, and Cappuccino) and am really looking forward to trying them and seeing how the flavors evolve.

I know that Don mixes his products on demand, so my question is:
Are the flavors consistant from order to order?

I used to order from another vendor who mixed to order and while much of his product tasted great, you would never get the same exact flavor from batch to batch. For example, the first time I bought the cappuccino, I loved it, a definite coffee-with-cream taste, but each time I re-ordered it, it tasted different...very different (once it tasted like butter pecan, another time it tasted like Kettle Korn). It frustrated me like crazy.

I don't want to fall in love with a flavor only to never get it again. Allowing for the flavor evolving, do you get the flavor you expect each time you order?

thanks!

Oh yeah, bonus question (and totally off topic)...what exactly does "flue cured" mean? I understand it's a process for curing tobacco, but do they do it in a chimney or something?

Bluesun62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Ramona, CA
One that I order consistently is 555. Tastes the same every time. (with steeping that is). Of the others that I have order multiples of, all have has a consistent flavor.

My taste buds on the other hand could take lessons from Don's juice. Every once in a while I'm like WTH, but those days nothing tastes good.

Last edited:

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Ive multi-ordered several flavors... Applewood, Casablanca, Cherry tobacco, Maple Tobacco, Malty, Malty Toffee, Melonbacco, RY4, Ejoker, Cappuccino... they've all been consistent for me!

Flue cured is just a way of drying out tobacco from a plant to a smoke-able tobacco... they do it in barns that have "flues" in them that feed from big fire boxes. The flue pumps heat into the barn. This heats and cures the tobacco without exposing it to smoke or fire. No, I'm not a genius... I google'd it : )

patrickmurphy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
san francisco
I'm new to BWB and have only ordered once (yet here I am answering anyway, LOL), but I'm glad you asked this question. I've run into similar taste trouble with others. In fact, one flavor I tried when I was first vaping was a cherry tobacco and it was AWFUL. Tasted like robitussin. I've never been able to pull the trigger on any cherry tobacco from anybody since then. I may try BWB's though, based on reviews from here and the apparent ability to reproduce good flavors.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I'm new to BWB and have only ordered once (yet here I am answering anyway, LOL), but I'm glad you asked this question. I've run into similar taste trouble with others. In fact, one flavor I tried when I was first vaping was a cherry tobacco and it was AWFUL. Tasted like robitussin. I've never been able to pull the trigger on any cherry tobacco from anybody since then. I may try BWB's though, based on reviews from here and the apparent ability to reproduce good flavors.

BWB Cherry tobacco is really good... nothing like cough syrup : )

moonlight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
snip
Flue cured is just a way of drying out tobacco from a plant to a smoke-able tobacco... they do it in barns that have "flues" in them that feed from big fire boxes. The flue pumps heat into the barn. This heats and cures the tobacco without exposing it to smoke or fire. No, I'm not a genius... I google'd it : )

Damn...Google...I should have thought of that! lol

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave

I can't promise anything but I think you will find that you will like flavors you swore you would never try again. Don's are just so much better. Again, I can't promise you will like it, but I can say it won't taste like cough syrup.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Ive multi-ordered several flavors... Applewood, Casablanca, Cherry Tobacco, Maple Tobacco, Malty, Malty Toffee, Melonbacco, RY4, Ejoker, Cappuccino... they've all been consistent for me!

snip

Damn...Google...I should have thought of that! lol

its just goes to show that ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING can be googled. No matter how bizarre, obscure, weird, obnoxious, or sexually deviant, if you google it, you will find someone else who is into that too.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
its just goes to show that ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING can be googled. No matter how bizarre, obscure, weird, obnoxious, or sexually deviant, if you google it, you will find someone else who is into that too.

I agree dude... really can google ANYTHING... I work with a bunch of well-educated people.. you'd be surprised how much googling goes on : )

Tina326

Mar 17, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm glad this question was asked and answered. I wondered about the consistency of BWB juices too.

I fell in love with a certain juice from another vendor and ordered two more big bottles. One was a little different but pretty similar to the first one I fell in love with. The second was totally gross and tasted like what I assume molded burnt ... must taste like. I ordered them at the same time so it was very confusing.

I've placed my second order with BWB in anticipation of having enough for the recommended steeping. I'm not sure if the new bottles will even make it since I'm over half finished with my first order. Someday I may experience the steeped BWB juice. *wistful sigh*

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
The only time Don's brews taste inconsistent is when my tastebuds are on the fritz.

IMG_4996.jpg

Here are a few of my friends that gave their ALL for a consistently pleasurable vape :p

Last edited:

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I have formulas for everything and dont stray at all from batch to batch. While there may be a small inconsitency to flavorings I get from time to time I dont think they are ever off much at all. I never change the companies I use or the ingredients in any way. I make concentrates for all flavorings now and everything is calculated out down to the last ml.

I go by the old saying of " If its not broke, Don't fix it"

Ejoker brings up a good point with taste buds, there are times when they run amock and nothing is right, ive gone through it more times than I can count and im sure it has alot to do with tasting stuff all the time to make sure its right. I taste test every new batch as well as every new concentrate batch i MAKE UP TO ENSURE THEY ARE THE SAME.

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
For the record, our Cherry Tobacco came today and I know you're supposed to let it steep but my hub broke into it right away and loves it out of the bottle. I don't like tobacco flavors (unless you set it on fire first, apparently, blech) but I admit it is nice, and performs better than anything else I've seen out there, like everything I have gotten from BWB so far.

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
I have ordered from Don several times and so far everything tastes the same. All of his liquids tastes great. He does tell you though to please let them steep before using them. the longer I let them steep the better they are The only time I have found that his liquids aren't the same is when I am having a taste bud issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread