A question of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
realistically, i spend around 70 bucks a month...compared to the over 300 i was spending-
there IS the occasional month where i experiment with something new-or like this month(ordered Buzz Pro)where i exceed the 70 bucks-but...i still spend less than i did on analogs.
And i vape...A LOT.
I could spend less if i were to DIY my juice..i still feel though as long as i keep it where i keep it, i deserve to spoil myself.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Yesterday it was two years since I had my first vape, today I order about every two months. An order is usually 5 attys, 10 carts, and 3 or 4 50ml bottles of e-liquid. That leaves me with enough spare I can make it a month or two without ordering if I have too, and about every 6 months I get 4 new batts. All I use now is an E-Power 14650 with Fluxomizer Deluxe's, I can't see a reason to pay more when this set up works perfect.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I've been vaping for 6 months and spend about $40-$50 per month on supplies (right now that is LR tank atomizers, tank carts, and juice). I've tried a couple of different 510 models, but haven't bought any mods yet, though eventually I would like to. I spent more on juice the first couple of months, but it has settled down now. I let myself purchase something new to try once in a while.

I was spending $200+ a month on cigarettes, so it's quite a savings.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...simple economics...between 3 of us, we were spending about 500bux per month on the funkarettes...I have now bought 4 Riva501 Lite kits from LF about 100bux worth of cartos from CCV and seems like a gallon of assorted juice flavors...going forward from here(at least for a while) I expect to be spending around 20 bux per week for juice and expendables...of course, I might be asking Santa for a Silver Bullet come Christmas.............
madjack:2cool:

rwnielsen

Test Pilot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Long Beach CA
Hi :)
First off, Congratulations on your 1 month, amazing huh?
I was on cruise control and not on this site much for about 5 months. Lately it's been a little slow at work and I spend more time here on the forum. I also seem to spend more money on gadgets and doodads when I read how wonderful they are so.....
In the last month I've bought all manner of Sapphires, Clearomizers, Mega Clearomizers, XL Super Duper Maximizers.......batteries and a charger on order, mod parts, an E-Power.....reading up on MOSFET and PWM controls......
Find a setup and juice you like and stay away from the evil internet YMMV :)

PS. I should add that I could, conceivably, get by on about $20/mo. I mix my own juice

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Being the tight wad that I am, even with some liquids that I did not care for, I used them anyway .. after quiting analogs, even a liquid that was not that great was still better than a ciggy ..

Then again, I've never been a slave to fashion nor did I consistently stick with one brand of cigarettes ..

Point being that if you are not on the "Quest for the Perfect Liquid", you'll not spend as much ..

ManuDawg

Vape Proud
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach Ca
I almost gave my wallet to the wife last night just to be sure I don't buy anthing else. Almost

Ok So I just started reading this thread and giving the CC to my wife is worse than me keeping it :laugh:....... She caught the which-is-the-best E-Liquid virus about a month ago:vapor::vapor:. I have enough Juice to supply quite a few people for months. I can't complain though; I caught the Which-Mod-do-I-want now virus at the same time. Anyways the comment cracked me up.
Djbishybish said it best. If you find something that works…. It’s easy to save.
I say If you find something that works ….:facepalm:RESIST ALL OTHERS:facepalm:.
I must say I’m set with my 5v Saber Touch. I use 1.5 ohm DCT’s From MAP. Kicking like a mule.:headbang:

I'm trying to keep it simple, and I'm not counting the stupid mall PV set up I bought three years ago, used for a week, then put in a drawer. I smoked between 30-40 cigs/day = about 12 packs/week at an average of $7.00 per pack (sometimes I went to the rez stores and saved quite a bit; sometimes I bought 'em at Safeway and paid through the nose). So, not counting lighters, burnt clothing (hated those little brown-edged holes), health costs, etc. My cost for cigarettes was about $84/week.

My initial purchase of a KR808d-1 starter kit (basic; two batts, 5 prefilled cartos, ac/usb combo charger) and three five packs of prefilled cartos was less than $60, including shipping.

I'm going through just under/just over one prefilled carto per day (no analogs at all).

I'm probably going to add a few basic things; the charger case, possibly a passthrough to my basic setup. I am going to start buying blank cartos and juice and filling my own (though I'll probably keep a few prefilled around for convenience). Essentially, it looks like I'm going to save a BOATLOAD of money. Don't think I will ever come close to the almost $5000/year I spend on analogs!

I might buy myself a fancier rig at some time, but right now, the KR808 seems to be doing the trick.

linr_76

Aug 28, 2011
Switzerland
in theory you save lots of money, but sadly in reality you do not. why i know? i quit smoking for 5 years once and the money was spent on other stuff, once you realize you have more money to spend you easily find a way to spend it ;)
only thing you could do is put aside the money you usually spend on cigarettes every day and only take from that money what you "need" for vaping, at the end of the year i bet you can still spend it on a very nice holiday

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
jperk95, "You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" one of many memorable lines from Strangelove, one of all time best flicks. :thumb:

There are folks who love vaping, a hobby, fresh, new, toys, world of flavors. There are also folks like me who simply replaced cigs with vaping. The goal was to save life as well as money. After wasting some on bad kits, trying juices, I settled down to about $100 of hardware and $100 on juice. The combination should last me at least 6 months. Vaping should cost me no more than $300 a year, less than half of what I spent on analogs.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I fully intend on eventually saving some money at this. If people will stop having sales and stuff.

See? Now there's a problem! Vendors who I like have these damned sales, so I whip out the credit card, make an order and then stalk the mail carrier. It's a vicious cycle, I tell you!

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
See? Now there's a problem! Vendors who I like have these damned sales, so I whip out the credit card, make an order and then stalk the mail carrier. It's a vicious cycle, I tell you!

I know, right? I was all done. Then someone has to go have a sale that is just too good to resist. I do my shopping cart thing, then delete it, fill it, then delete it again. Then think about it all day, then finally go and order it. I just really needed that purple battery. I really did.

Torrentula81

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
nowheres
Its hard to save money overall if your searching for a better setup. For instance I've now got 20 attys I will never use after experiencing cartomizers. My ego batts are to fat now that I've experienced the elite 808. So they too will be collecting dust. But I wouldn't have known what I prefere without trying them. Just wish i didn't go so overboard stocking up.

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.

I'm in the same boat. Still am a little, though really asking myself "Do I really need this?"

Latelly most of my $$ has been spend on maintenance, seems as of late a lot of dead cartos on arrival, failing batterys and a general crap product to boot have been consuming my green. I mean really, shouldn't I be able to get 2 days or more out of a cartomizer?

In the end I keep telling myself it's better than paying for lung cancer or the like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread