A quick intro and Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightowl1984

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Wisconsin
:D Greetings all! :D
I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm NightOwl and I've been vaping for a little over a year now. I started with a Blu to quit smoking and then moved onto things like the egos and such. Recently I've caught Mech Mod and coil building fever. I purchased a starter kit from a local smoke shop which included a Kamry K100+ and the owner suggested a nimbus RDA to start out. I absolutely loved its simplicity and build. I proceeded to order a Kamry Robot V as well. Then having more rigs than RDA's I purchased a Kayfun Lite Plus II. I enjoy it but It's kinda tall for me (especially on the Robot V, it feels like the whole thing is l2lbs lol) and I enjoy building on RDA decks a lot better. I turned around and got another RDA which has no name on it but has a symbol. I'll try and include a pic to see if you guys know what it is. It came with a silver cap which has an adjustable airflow ring and a second all gold cap with 2 air holes and no ring. It's a nice little RDA and the adjustable one hits like a beast. :vapor: Plus it has the small block with 2 wire holes attached to the top of the middle post which I love. I got overly excited about all this fun new stuff I was getting I went out and dropped around 50$ on what I thought was a real Caravela (This was half being swindled by the smoke shop guy :sneaky: and half my fault for not doing more research. :facepalm: I also hadn't yet discovered that there was a massive amount of cloning going on and that authentics run for hundreds of dollars. Needless to say lesson learned.) I was given the bad news on some forums it was a clone and felt pretty crappy for a few days. Aside from it being a 1:1 clone it's put together really well and is made from sturdy materials. The machining is nice and the threads are buttery too! I guess I didn't lose out TOO bad in the grand scheme of things but it's still kinda depressing knowing its not the real thing. Either way it works great and I think it's sexy as hell. Currently I'm messing around with building different kinds of coils and getting better at it. I tired the whole sub Ohm thing but I find I prefer to vape just around 1.0 even or a little higher like 1.4. I'm not really a cloud chaser (yet :p ) so I've been trying to create some coils to give better flavor. (Though with the airflow wide open on my nameless RDA I can chuck some clouds already on my dual 1.3 9 wraps of 30g)

So thats my history until now. My wishlist grows by the day and all the time I'm finding new stuff I can't wait to get my hands on.
My current standing main list is as follows:
1. :drool:My ultimate goal is to eventually get on a list for a mod maker or a pre order for a new mod and have it custom engraved with something. :drool:
2. An authentic Caravela or Nemesis.
3. A Kamry Robot VI (Having a hard time with this one. The robot 1's and 5's are everywhere but the others seem harder to come by.)
4. A Magma RDA or a Patriot.
5. A holster for my mod. Belt holster. I might just end up using a mag light holster or something but One specifically made for mods would be ..... One that goes around your chest and shoulder and sits under your arm on the side of your chest like a gun holster would be even more epic .....
6. TONS OF CUSTOM DRIP TIPS!!!!:banana: I love the real stone ones and the carbon Fiber ones with Pyrex windows and such.

I WISH I WASN'T SO POOR :mad:

I look forward to being an active part of your community and learning as much as I can as well as sharing what I learn along the way!

Keep your heads in those clouds!

Attachments

• 20140623_035743.jpg
    20140623_035743.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140623_035630.jpg
    20140623_035630.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140620_193109.jpg
    20140620_193109.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140623_035352.jpg
    20140623_035352.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 4

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Welcome to ECF! You sound as though you an contribute a great deal to the community. I've been vaping since November, and I can relate to feeling too poor to buy everything you want. We call the obsession to buy all the new, shiny things "shinyitis". I have a pretty severe case of it. Symptoms appear to increase the more I visit to forum, so beware. These people have had control of my wallet for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread