A quick question about the stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic_vapour_boy

May 29, 2009
Hey, how is everyone? i just signed up today, although i have been lurking for a while trying to decide which e-cig to go for.

At the start of the week i ordered a janty stick, spare atomiser and a couple of liquids. First off, i have to say the services was superb, i ordered late Monday evening and it was at my door at 9 on Wednesday. Anyhoo, i got it up and running but from watching the videos and the vapour that is being produced i seem to be getting nothing close to that... this was with a fresh cart. I tried filling the cart up with some cappacino liquid (which is lovely BTW) but its not a massive improvement... i tried with the spare atomiser and after a while of getting some crazy burnt metal flavour, seems to be producing loads of vapour, like in the vids. So my questions is really, is the first atomiser banjoed or does it need a longer running in time? i used it for a day....

Apart from that i cant fault the stick, its my first e-cig, but with this i dont feel the need for fags, which is the reason i bought it so im delighted.

thanks
bvb

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hiya Bionic and Welcome to the iVapour forum and to the JantyStick !

And lastly, welcome to the world of e-cigs !

When 'stocking up' for the first time, its always advisable to have a spare atomiser. Now the reason isnt so much that they can be faulty, which only rarely happens, but they can be slow, and it sounds like you may have a slow atomiser, but Toby being Toby, appears to have a motto of:-

If in Doubt.....
Send Replacement Out !...

lol, bless him....

Yes as I was saying, atomisers can be slow, and often you will find that horrible taste with a new one, that is primer, which manufacturers put on before they transport to safeguard the coil and keep it moist.

When I get a new one, I simply add two or three drops to the actual coil, no more or you can flood.

By doing this it helps to fire up the atomiser, and reduce the horrid taste of the primer. I then take what I call primer puffs, that is, I draw but not inhale. I do that until the burnt plastic taste wears off.

So when you get your new one, try that, and let us know how you go..

Dont worry, you will get the hang of it all.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Hearty,

Try the tips given above, also, make sure the atomiser is secure, transportation could have caused the connection to slacken off a little.

With a Janty cart inside, turn it clockwise, very slowly and gently, making sure you see the actual atomiser turn, when they are a Matt finish, they dont turn very well. It will only take a couple of gentle turns, but it may help.

I would advise you to order a spare atomiser, maybe one of the throw away ones, and personally I find the silver ones, (titanium) easier to turn.

If the current one doesnt improve, then contact Toby direct through the iVapour website, and I'm sure he will sort it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread