A really hookah e-hookah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So, I've been looking and can't find one though I can't imagine why one wouldn't exist: an e-cig/e-hookah that looks like a real hookah. Preferably even with an option for more than one hose. I still smoke shisha when I can afford the hookah bar, and will be buying a nice big hookah for the center of my living room. However, I also really liked the idea of a hookah-like vape, but I can't find one for the life of me. Well, I found 1 on ivape, but it's only in red and has this dumb apple on top for a battery...Not really what I was after. Without the dumb apple I could just paint it, but the apple is the battery so...

Thanks in advance guys!

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's the one I had found. Like I said, if the apple weren't the battery and I could get rid of it that would be perfect. I may just mod a regular hookah. I know GrimmGreen had a vid of one at a con, but it wasn't for sale. I just found one by 777 e cigs that's decent:

http://http://www.777ecigs.com/777-e-Hookah-P171C45.aspx

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Except for the novelty, I don't get it. Each hose uses its own cartomizer, so you really aren't sharing the same juice, just the same battery. I can think of better things to spend my money on.

:blink:

Admittedly, this does disappoint me. I would have preferred a more classical hookah experience, and I hate that I would have to use their 5 for $10 un-threaded carts. I think I may mod a hookah myself and try to make it a more "communal" experience. By the time I'm done it may be pass-through only because I don't know that a standard 3.7 would keep up with the power demands of a coil the size of what I'm thinking I'll need for that.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Starbuzz E-Hose, Electronic Vaporizer Hookah - Starbuzz E-Hookahs at Hookah-Shisha.com

dr g, you're a pretty cool dude after all! :headbang: That Starbuzz is totally rad. It looks like a pretty good quality device, too. Double barrel cartos! CLOUDS of vapor. :laugh: My college age kids would love it.

At $200, the question needs to be asked. Is it better than a Provari? :confused:;)

Heh I don't know what's in that ehose, but I will say that wrapping a large PV like a hookah hose has been an idea of mine for a while. But IMO the water passage is a key part of hookahs, it is a key part of the hookah lore (all elements work together).

I am a little surprised no one has taken a real stab at an ehookah yet, it should honestly be no problem since it is an appliance that does not need to be portable.

But again I do keep coming back to the thought that an APV tuned for high vapor volume works a lot like a hookah.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had never been to a hookah bar in my life. This past Father's Day, my two college age children "treated" me to a hookah bar. It was the first tobacco I had inhaled since I had quit in April 2012.

I must admit, the experience was quite similar to vaping. Fruit flavored smoke, extremely smooth from being filtered with water. The bar itself was out on an outdoor patio on a wonderfully warm night. I had a good time, and wouldn't mind trying it again.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Go custom

Use a 300w PC power supply,run it at 9v
build a quad coil with 30awg wire that runs at 1ohm

And vape at 80 watts!

This sounds like a project I may take up.... :)

Sent from my mobile, using Tapatalk... so ignore the typos. ;)

That is actually exactly what I had in mind! I think I'm gonna have to build it now. I do have like 4 spare power supplies..

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
That is actually exactly what I had in mind! I think I'm gonna have to build it now. I do have like 4 spare power supplies..

That's where I'm at... I think I even have a micro power supply from an old car PC I built... Need to go rummage I'm the garage.

Sent from my mobile, using Tapatalk... so ignore the typos. ;)

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I had never been to a hookah bar in my life. This past Father's Day, my two college age children "treated" me to a hookah bar. It was the first tobacco I had inhaled since I had quit in April 2012.

I must admit, the experience was quite similar to vaping. Fruit flavored smoke, extremely smooth from being filtered with water. The bar itself was out on an outdoor patio on a wonderfully warm night. I had a good time, and wouldn't mind trying it again.

It is basically the same mechanism as vaping except you bake some tobacco at the same time to get the nicotine content (and presumably some other tobacco alkaloids). IMO for some reason though, I have not found a way to come close to hookah flavor in vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It is basically the same mechanism as vaping except you bake some tobacco at the same time to get the nicotine content (and presumably some other tobacco alkaloids). IMO for some reason though, I have not found a way to come close to hookah flavor in vaping.
I can understand your point. My children picked the flavor before I had arrived, and when I asked what the flavor was they didn't remember and said, "It doesn't really matter, you're going to like it regardless of the flavor." To my senses, it was a citrus flavor of some sort, but likely a mix of fruits. I found it to be quite quite flavorful and enjoyable.

While lounging at my local vapeshop, I met a couple of women who were looking at the different flavors available to sample at the juice bar and noting that the shop was using eGo Twists and clearomizers. They weren't smokers, but one admitted being the manager of a local hookah bar. My guess was they were both there scoping out the possibility to sell ego setups as portable "hookah pipes" for their customers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread