e-Hookah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
Multiple passthroughs all plugged into a usb hub. Not as cool looking but everytime I take a drag off my passthrough always feel like I should have a Fu Manchu mustache.

now that's not a bad idea. anyone up for designing a USB hub that looks like a hookah and some passthroughs that look like hookah hoses and mouth pieces? granted, it's not a true "shared vapor", but i think the effect would be just the same. if you wanted to get crazy with it you could even put a mini fog machine inside that constantly fills the glass chamber with vapor. if done well, anyone who wasn't taking a real close look at the thing would have no idea it wasn't the real deal.

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
All you have to do there is put the usb cables through the hoses and put the hub in the base of the hookah... If I could get to my hookah (in storage) I might try, but it's only a single hose, so it wouldn't be as cool. Just a matter of ending the usb cable where the wooden mouth piece begins and installing the momentary switch and atty connector there, then running the cables through the top of the hookah, plugging them into a hub and dropping it into the base through the top... Really, really easy to do, just a matter of getting the parts...

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Anyone take the risk of ordering one of the e-hookahs from ehookah.net now that they're shipping? I find it kind of sketchy that they took the graphics from GreenSmoke's E-Hookah sign. Even the description on the website is stolen from GreenSmoke
ehookah.jpg
green-smoke-hookah.jpg

While there is no contact information on the website, if you go to order it gives his e-mail address: dwtroop@gmail.com

I sent him an e-mail earlier today - awaiting a response.

If this isn't a scam and is indeed a legitimate website I have a feeling that this is just some guy who bought a bunch of regular hookahs in bulk from a wholesaler and then did some modding to make a bunch of homemade e-hookahs.

Last edited:

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Going by their own 'archives' page, it looks like the webpage, ehookah.net, has only been updated the one time, November 2009. I would think, if it was still a valid project, that this close to the 'starting to ship' date it would have been updated with more info and photos of the unit...

I wanna know if anybody sent money to a website that hasn't been updated in 11 months, and if you did, did you receive a response?

Ok, still no update to the site, even after 'starting to ship' date...
and if you read the description carefully:
The original electronic hookah. Now there is a totally new and unique way to Smoke!

Our original, e-hookah is the perfect way to share the satisfaction of Smoking with others. Use it at parties and social events or just a quiet evening with the one you love.

Share the Original e-hookah Satisfaction- Smoke Together.

The original e-hookah was designed for top quality that will ensure years of enjoyment with friends and loved ones.

The original e-hookah allows you to smoke with the highest smoke volume in the industry. With a variety of flavors and nicotine levels, the original e-hookah offers convenience and performance that is unmatched.

It's just about gotta be a tobacco hookah with an electric coal...
Looking at the product pictured it is obviously a tobacco hookah (but it hasn't been updated in a year)...
I think this site is a lost cause guys...

Make a request in the features/design request sub-forum of the modders forum, that might actually go somewhere....

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Ok, still no update to the site, even after 'starting to ship' date...
and if you read the description carefully:

It's just about gotta be a tobacco hookah with an electric coal...
Looking at the product pictured it is obviously a tobacco hookah (but it hasn't been updated in a year)...
I think this site is a lost cause guys...

Make a request in the features/design request sub-forum of the modders forum, that might actually go somewhere....

Well, actually, if you read my post (you only looked at the pretty pictures didn't you? :p), the description has been stolen from Green Smoke, so it's not really relevant.

As far as it not being updated in a year, I could have sworn I saw in either this thread or the other "e-Hookah?" thread that TrashcanCandy posted, someone posted the domain details and it showed the site being updated in September. Although if I was interested in buying one of these, a more recent update wouldn't really make me feel any less suspicious.

And about making a request in the modders forum, it actually should be pretty easy to do by yourself with an e-cigar, because I made an e-.... with one of my old plastic bongs and a disposable e-cigar. The disposable e-cigar was really easy to take apart and reassemble as I needed. The one thing is that the water in the .... (or in this case the hookah) reduces the amount of vapor.

Note: The bongs in my possession have been used for tobacco use only. I do not condone, nor engage in the use of drugs :)

Last edited:

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
A google search revealed the former owner sold the website in May of this year, but the site content hasn't changed since 11/09, even if it has moved servers more recently. I agree I still wouldn't order even if was updated last week, but if people were waiting for there to be more info/reviews/ect., since it is past the start shipping date stated on the website, don't bother, it's not coming.

As for your other points, I too own many water pipes (bongs being, by legal definition, drug paraphernalia), but a little research on how pg/vg/nicotine work and interact tells me not to water filter vapor, if you want less nicotine, use a lower mg juice, otherwise you're wasting alot of juice.
As I also pointed out in my earlier posts a usb hub built into a standard hookah would be very easy to mod, however, a communal vaping system would be much harder, requiring a large atomizer, and the way I understand the working of atomizers (I'm not quite up to building my own, yet) there would need to be air flowing past the coil to generate vapor, so everyone would have to be sucking all the time to try and fill the chamber and keep it full enough to vape from, or there would need to be a small fan pulling the air/vapor into the communal vaping chamber...
So, I'm building up to learning how to build attys and this is definitely on the front of my mind when I do...

And no, I didn't 'just look at the pictures', but looking at them it was obvious they ripped off their text style, and probably the wording, but I had never seen the greensmoke one before, so I didn't know the specifics, like who's came out first. Now knowing that he owns the site just to generate traffic, it seems very likely he just stole the wording and found a public domain photo similar to the one from greensmoke...

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
^The fact that the site was sold but none of the content changed is the final straw - there isn't even the most remote possibility that this is a legitimate website. Plus the e-mail I sent about a week ago has still gone unanswered. Sorry to those of you who were hoping to order one.

As far as him finding a public domain photo similar to the one from GreenSmoke, I'm more inclined to think that he just photoshopped the image from GreenSmoke; each aspect is exactly the same, down to the precise color of the font.

Is there some kind of agency that I could report this website to? Because I feel like there's nothing that can be done. You can't even report his paypal account without actually placing an order with him. I suppose I could let GreenSmoke know that he stole their property and maybe they can do something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread