A Special Request: Piper-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
I'd love to see you guys offer the Piper-D Multi-stage Passthrough again. I'll be the first to admit that it had some build quality issues, but I still think it's a great product. And, there's a new 4-stage version coming out; I'm not sure if it's made by the same company or not.

I had issues like many others, I would guess. Initially, the center post wasn't making good contact so I had to pull it up. In doing so, I tore the center bushing, which would then cause it to short out. I ended up scavenging a bushing from a dead Ego, and it's worked great ever since.

The internal wiring has been another ongoing issue. I've had the thing apart more times than I can count to resolder, and have even totally rewired it once, and partially again most recently.

Through all of this, the thing has been a solid performer. The electronics are solid, even through all my repairs. One thing I really like is that it is so easy to disassemble to repair (though it would be better if that wasn't necessary). It gets more use than my batteries, when I'm at my computer or driving, and I also use it with a Kensington USB Battery Pack around the house.

Anyway, that's my plug... think about it? :)

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
i thought about it too but i didn't have anything like that handy. i marked the wire where it came out of the tube then when i had it apart i put thick ca (super glue) around where the cord contacted the tube. then i slid the wire in place and after a min i dripped some thin ca down in there too. after a few min to let it settle i dripped some activator in there to set it up real good. sucker is rock solid now lol not had any more problems what so ever. and i made sure to leave like 5 or 6 inches of the wire in the tube so i wouldn't have any problems if i had to take it apart again which i haven't had to since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread