A thank you to the kind souls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
So a little over three months ago, I came across the e-cigarette-forum on a whim. Since then I have not had one analogue.

Recently I've been having some monetary issues which comes with being a student, and I've had too much pride to admit to that fact. My family has never really had much money because my dad has been disabled since I was a little boy and my mother essentially disowned me because of a dispute with my brother. My dad and I have always pushed along and very few times have we had to beg for money to keep the house, pay the electric bill or get the car payment in on time. Because of this, I never really developed a way to reach out and specifically ask for help. I know that I've had it easier than some people, but I honestly believe that the hardships my dad and I went through have made me a better person. However, I'll get to the point of this post.

Right now I am fighting back tears because of the generosity of the members of this forum. I just received my Secret Santa package. I was slightly confused because of the size of the package. It was so much larger than I had even imagined it would be. I had decided that I was doing Secret Santa to spread some good cheer during the holidays, but wasn't too expectant of getting anything in return. I opened the package and there were about 10 small boxes filled with cartridges and cartos, a bag of liquids, and a carrying case with an ego passthru, an ego mega battery, an ego cone, a car charger and a wall charger.

After sitting there in disbelief, I felt a sense of relief wash over me because until I got that package, I hadn't realized how desperate I was getting for hardware like this. My batteries were beginning to lose their charge slowly, my ego cone was chipping, and I literally opened my last carto today right before the package came.

You guys have no idea how much you mean to me.

Thank you all for helping me stay sane through college.

This is the ultimate reminder of what I hope to teach my students one day in the classroom- the kindness that can be shared between complete strangers. Thanks to my SS and to all of the members of PIF for reminding me of that fact.

Enid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Greenville, SC
Pop,
I'm soooo happy for you. I really am.
A long time ago, I realised how much I like to help out, when I'm capable of giving someone something that they need. It makes me feel good and that good feeling lasts longer than when I get something that I want. I realised that by not asking, when I need things or help, that I'm depriving those special people around me of that same thing that makes me feel so good.
I'm still bad at asking for help. I recently asked my roommate for help with something and she happily gave it me.
I'm glad that you got what you needed and that the person who gave it to you has to feel better about giving it, than you feel by receiving it.
btw. i'm not your SS. if you are still wondering who is.

cobaltblue

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2010
A cabin in the woods and loving it
Pop you are special

Awwww Pop, no fair making me tear up. I can Really relate to your story. No wonder everytime I read one of your posts I think...Sheesh, if I would have been lucky enough to have had kids I wish they would have been just like you.

If there's ever anything you or your Dad need just let me know.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
Thank you all so much. You guys are totally family, and even though I don't have much money, I do have time. If you ever need help somehow, I'm always here.

I wish I knew who my SS was, but I also only want to know who he is if he wants me to know.
The anonymity of the SS thing was what made it even more emotional for me.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
There are quite a few good hearted, deserving ppl in here pop, and you are one of em...enjoy it bro. You earned it, just being you. Good lookin out SS. ;)

On a side note- now THAT is a great pif quote!

"This is the ultimate reminder of what I hope to teach my students one day in the classroom- the kindness that can be shared between complete strangers." POP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread