Status
Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Any suggestions for someone who never goes to bars and doesn't have that red bar straw ??
I have pulled the filter on my carts and used a "nut pick" to re=wrap the filler and it does work-but the straw thingy sounds easier-LOL !!

Try the coffee shops, some of them use the little straws for stir sticks. Local convenience stores might have them too.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Here is a carto I decided to make as a dedicated dripper. I cut it to 1" in length and removed the centertube. It fits very well and makes dripping very easy. The glue comes off easy with hot water and steel wool. Shines up nice and works very well. :) A standard sized carto is shown for comparison.

Very nice Mohawkx! Very good illustration of cleaning also. You have got it down to a science!

binaryman

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2011
Eastern Shore, Maryland
The Gogo finds it’s strength in the cartomizer design. The horizontal coil allows a user to remove all the filler from the carto without disturbing the atomizer. This means that factoring the already long, initial usage of the carto, one can thoroughly inspect, recondition and reuse the gogo carto. Over and Over.

The first step with cleaning the carto is to wet the carto in question under tap water. You will find that the filler is much easier to handle when wet. Trying to remove dry filler can result in pulling out the center tube and the filler sticking together and ruining the carto completely (ask me how I know). After the Carto is completely soaked, do the following.

1. Using a pair of needle nosed pliers, Remove the filler. It will keep it’s shape as a tube. If you’ve soaked it well, the material will separate well. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, use vodka and clean the empty carto just as you would any atty. If not, run the carto under hot tap water for 5 minutes to flush out all residual. Shake the carto well to dry.

2. While the carto dries, unroll the filler. You will notice that there is an inner wrap of cotton batting and a thicker, outer wrap of polyfil material. Flatten out the polyfil and unroll the cotton batting. Clean thoroughly under hot water until white. Spread both, evenly on a kitchen or paper towel.

3. Go back to your empty carto and blow through it to insure it’s dry. Screw onto battery and push the button while you look down the empty carto. Hold the button down looking for a cherry red glow to the coil at the bottom. This is dry burning. You may have to dry burn 3 or 4 times to remove any caramelizing from the coil. Once you have a cherry red glow from your coil, you know you have a good, clean atomizer for your carto. Rinse out any ash. All that remains is to reinsert the filler properly and you have a brand new carto. This is where most have been having problems.

Refill the carto when the filler is WET.

Picture 1 shows a carto with a standard cocktail straw found in every bar. This straw fits perfectly over the center tube.

Picture 2 shows the cotton batting wrapped around the straw. The batting would be tighter but I had to take my hands off it to take the picture.

Picture 3 shows the polyfil wrapped around the cotton batting and just barely inserted in the empty carto. The filler would be tighter and just slip in but I had to take the picture. Twisting the cartomizer in the same direction as the filler is wound will make re-insertion very easy.

Picture 4 shows the two fillers almost in the carto.

Picture 5 is a McDonalds straw slipped over the cocktail straw and used to lightly tamp down the filler into the carto. Remove the cocktail straw and finish tamping the filler until it is even or just below the center tube.

Picture 6 is the finished product. I can’t tell the difference between this one and a new one. It was refilled with 87 drops of juice and vapes like new.

Gogo Nation
Attached Thumbnails

Awesome post!! Thanks Mohawkx.. I am having a terrible time cleaning these things and almost had given up. Your post gives me inspiration!! I will try it and let you know how it goes. Now to find a cocktail straw. I tried a stir stick but it's diameter was the same as the tube. Is the goal to get a straw that is wider than the tube so that it slides over it ?

Thanks again.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
Yes, the straw slides over the center tube but is a close fit. If the straw is too big the cotton wrap will not fit tight to the center tube and the carto won't work. That's why you must get the exact size straw. Check this page for more info on dismembering a gocart and putting it back together. The red straw fits over the center tube perfect. sometimes the centertube is flared a little and you need the black cocktail straw and flare it with the needle nose pliers so it fits over the centertube. see the pic on this page I posted of the process. Then follow the instructions. Once you have the filler in, you must use a mcDonalds straw to tamp down the filler with the small straw still in place. You MUST pull the small straw while holding down the filler with the larger straw or you will pull up the filler some and it wont wick properly to the coil. If you need help, just ask. I've done this a bunch and it is super easy once you get the hang of it and have the right tools. The cartos work like new also after this re-install.

Last edited:

Bayemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Omaha
Mo, something you might consider adding to the FAQ is the tip on making sure the filler is pushed down in the carto if you lose vapor/taste or if its tastes slightly burned. I found your post and did it and it worked for me when I just had this happen. I know it will not be a fix for all the times that happens, but that is a pretty easy and basic first step (and I looked through your FAQ first on the subject before I went searching the threads... as I knew I had seen it mentioned before.)

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
Mo, something you might consider adding to the FAQ is the tip on making sure the filler is pushed down in the carto if you lose vapor/taste or if its tastes slightly burned. I found your post and did it and it worked for me when I just had this happen. I know it will not be a fix for all the times that happens, but that is a pretty easy and basic first step (and I looked through your FAQ first on the subject before I went searching the threads... as I knew I had seen it mentioned before.)

That is a great point and one I will be sure to add. Thanks

Last edited:

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Gratz on your purchase! I too came from the Ego-T to the GO-GO and it was like discovering vaping all over again. Let us know how you like it. :)

It has its flaws like most every other electronic device made in China but man oh man, the vaping pleasure more than makes up for them. :vapor: There are plenty of experienced GO-GO'ers to help with thier experience and Mohawkz has made some of THE definitive guides to its use and maintenance.

Last edited:

Penner

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
USA
My experience for 1.5 weeks with a GoGo:

Initial: Very slight airiness (is not an issue & I am a LR atty vaper), warm hit, lots of vapor. This is using 1 ml VG + 3/4 ml distilled H2O + 1/2 ml PG (I filled exactly with a syringe). I like.

4 days later: Cartridge lasts 4 days, then just wont draw vapor anymore just A LOT of air. I don't like. I have no idea how someone gets 6 weeks out of this cartomizer, without cleaning it.

Also, I bought my GoGo 5/14/11 from Nhaler for $65.00, the pic on the website shows it comes with 5 cartomizers, but it doesn't. It came with 2 cartomizers only. So I'm uncertain if this is a mistake,

or I am owed 3 more cartomizers & the website is (to put it bluntly) false advertising:

From Nhaler webpage:

NhalerGoGoAd5_27_11.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
That vendor also sells Igo's with 2 cartos. I have received 3 different order quotes for the same Igo product and they come with 4. He may just order the Igo's with 2. :unsure:

He does charge anywhere from 5-15 dollars more for a GO-GO starter kit than anyone else. I wouldn't let any grass grow under my feet before sending an email and asking for my other 3 cartos.

I suspect it was pure error as he uses actual sales stock when making videos. I appreciate that he does as prototypes or special order samples can be very different. And as I say, zero indication of underhanded dealings. If he says he sells 5 with his GO-GO's (and he does), I'm sure he'll make it good.

It only takes one "Ah crap" to erase a hundred "Atta boys" and he knows it but don't let your 14 days expire before checking. :)

Last edited:

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
None of my batteries rattle! Insist that they replace it. And that's just crappy customer service. I would call them on it. And the 2 carto thing? WTF .. the pic shows 5 cartos in the kit, even if they did change the wording to say 2 ... I bet it said 5 when you ordered it. nhaler is pissing me off lately. I think I'm done with them. I will shop only at Go-Go Nation stores from now on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread