Status
Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I combined several wick ideas into one, now my A7 tastes like an RBA, and acts like a carto.

Relatively large diameter (3mm) coil made from 30ga kanthal (thick wire should last a while without popping). Wound very tight with coils almost touching.

Stuck through the middle of it is a 400 SS mesh wick with a hole in the middle. Wicking speed is not a problem, so no need to make it solid. Wick is horizontal, not vertical or diagonal. Wick is also very short, about 6mm.

Now, the spiffy part. Thin cotton yarn is wrapped tightly around the posts, from the bottom all the way up to the screws. The yarn wrap is touching the SS wick but not really the coil. This soaks up oversquonked juice, and gives me good 20 minutes of vaping without running dry.

Since SS wicks faster than my cotton yarn, the wick with suck up all the liquid from the yarn before dry hitting. SS gives very clear flavor, even with all the filling around it.

Airflow is great, since it creates a similar center channel just like in a carto, directing all the air onto the coil.

Since wrapping the yarn is a very easy and fast thing, switching flavors and dry burning to clean the coil/wick should be easy.

Attachments

• IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 72

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
One thing I don't like so far is this thing heats up like hell.

After about 5 minutes of non-stop vaping, I don't even have to fire the button, and it still produces some small amount of vapor, just from the body being hot :)

Edit: I think this might be because the SS wick is not fully oxidized yet. I'm hoping it will get better as the wick breaks in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread