about awg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Do you understand the difference between them?
Higher number = thinner wire.
32 AWG is 0.20320mm thick
28 AWG is 0.32004mm thick
Please define "better".

American Wire Gauge (AWG) is a system of numerical wire sizes that start with the lowest numbers (6/0) for the largest sizes. The gauge sizes are each 20.6% apart based on the cross sectional area. AWG is also known as Brown & Sharpe Gage.

SWG = Standard or Sterling Wire Gauge, a British wire measurement system.

BWG = Birmingham Wire Gauge, an old British wire measurement system that was widely used throughout the world.

Cir Mils or CMA = Circular Mil Area which is equal to 1/1000 (0.001) of an inch in diameter or 0.000507 MM.

I

Thorbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm still confused about this.. which is better 32awg or the 28awg? Can I hear an explanation please? sorry I'm a newbie:unsure:

None of them are better, it depends what you are trying to achieve. 32awg has a higher resistance in comparison to 28awg - you need more wraps of the 28 to get up to the same resistance than you would need with the 32.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jpang38

Jan 14, 2013
Philippines
Do you understand the difference between them?
Higher number = thinner wire.
32 AWG is 0.20320mm thick
28 AWG is 0.32004mm thick
Please define "better".

American Wire Gauge (AWG) is a system of numerical wire sizes that start with the lowest numbers (6/0) for the largest sizes. The gauge sizes are each 20.6% apart based on the cross sectional area. AWG is also known as Brown & Sharpe Gage.

SWG = Standard or Sterling Wire Gauge, a British wire measurement system.

BWG = Birmingham Wire Gauge, an old British wire measurement system that was widely used throughout the world.

Cir Mils or CMA = Circular Mil Area which is equal to 1/1000 (0.001) of an inch in diameter or 0.000507 MM.

I

thnx for the reply i now know the difference :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread