Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Up until now I've been able to use my old bottles from juice i bought before DIY, and I've used a few mason jars along the way... picked up a few 4oz amber bostons as well. But now that I plan to mix on a larger level, I need to actually buy some bottles.

Obviously, we want glass over plastic, and of course colored glass. Amber is much more cost-effective than cobalt or green, likely better for light-absorption as well.

So, looking at amber boston round bottles, what do you think is the best size for storing and steeping juice?
  • 1/2 oz (15ml) - $50/180
  • 1oz (30 ml) - $30/72 or $55/144
  • 2oz (60 ml) - $75/160
  • 4oz (120ml) - $50/72

For actual use, I generally transfer to a 5ml plastic squeeze-drip bottle anyway, unless using a big tank in which case I'd just transfer 5ml form the bottle to the tank directly. So these would just be for storage, for the most part.

I can see relative advantages for each.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Jeff,
Most of my mixes I make in 30ml cobalt blue glass bottles. My EDV I make 100 ml at a time in a 120ml amber glass bottle that I transfer 30ml at a time to a 30ml cobalt blue glass bottle. When I get down to the last 10ml I make 100ml more in that bottle (total of 110ml).

This is going to seem like Captain obvious, but use the size bottle that corresponds with the size of the batch you want to make. As far as size as it applies to steeping for me it's irrelevant. Personally I think steeping is overated. I'd say for me 99% of a good juice is quality ingredients and a great recipe, 1% is steeping (just my opinion). I mix mine and they are good to go. Not saying a few don't get a touch better as time goes by, but nothing major. If they get even better each tank, I look at it as a bonus. YMMV :vapor:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
but the point is how people feel about larger or smaller bottles for storage and steeping

I can see pros and cons to each

For storage, I put nic into 60ml Boston Rounds, then into the freezer. When I need nic, grab a bottle, let it come to room temp and go. For steeping, at this very moment, I have 30ml and 15 ml ambers in my crock pot. Some left over from Halo, some I purchased.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
I realized after my first post, you wanted storage suggestions. Now I'm just spamming. Sorry about that.

Personally, I halve my 100 mg nic into 240 and 120 ml glass amber bottles. I don't have enough freezer space to break it down any further. I keep one if them out at a time and keep it in a cool, dark place when not mixing. I'm still using 24-12mg, so I go through it fairly quickly.

I purchased pierce-able screw lids from a laboratory, so I don't need to continually open and close the nic solution (though I don't freeze them with that lid). I use the polyseal cone lined closures when freezing.

I mix up a few 120 ml bottles for my edv so it can time steep and think about being delicious.

moneymike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I got 2 amber 8oz bottles for storing my pg and vg, 3 cobalt 4oz bottles for storing different bases, and 10 of every other size in cobalt with glass dripper tops. All from packaging options direct, they charged for shipping but still had better prices and selection than the other 10 vendors I checked. Also picked up a 5pk of 3/6/12ml plastic bottles from MFS for testing flavors.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
rocketpuppy said:
Packing Options Direct is the cheapest there is.
maybe. I guess so

for 15ml they have
1 for $0.38/bottle
180 for $0.27/bottle = $48.60

yet I can get 180 for $50 = $0.277/bottle on the Bay with free shipping

for 30ml they are cheaper - best price on Bay is $30/72bottles = $0.416/bottle vs $0.30/bottle there

do they do free ship?

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
My advise is buy the bottles for the size you plan to mix. I use 2 oz bottles. I buy my bottles from Packaging Options Direct. I did extensive research and they are cheaper than any other source out there.

I just pull out a 2 oz bottle of 100mg nic and mix it with pg/vg and I have enough nic juice to mix with my flavors for a while. I have several years worth of nic in my freezer right now.

I bought a dedicated freezer and store only 100mg nic in it.

As far as price. I just purchased 24 bottles (2 oz) with lids for under 20 bucks, that includes shipping. They have 4 oz for close to the same price.... If you look around in their sale/clearance area they have some bottles there (amber and cobalt blue) for really cheap.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
maybe. I guess so

for 15ml they have
1 for $0.38/bottle
180 for $0.27/bottle = $48.60

yet I can get 180 for $50 = $0.277/bottle on the Bay with free shipping

for 30ml they are cheaper - best price on Bay is $30/72bottles = $0.416/bottle vs $0.30/bottle there

do they do free ship?

Wow. In the past, I've paid only a few dollars. I think I've recommended them too often because their prices have risen =/

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Wow. In the past, I've paid only a few dollars. I think I've recommended them too often because their prices have risen =/

...the ones on 'Bay are caps included too...

although I kinda wanna get child-proof caps, but shipping from them is kinda pricey: $13 for 80 2oz bottles and 100 caps (was just seeing what was what)

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
hmm

These guys have 36 15ml ambers with childproof dropper-caps for $25, free shipping

36 60ml ambers (the 30ml are out of stock and they don't have childproof for 15ml) with 36 childproof regular caps are $19.80 + $9.29 shipping at packingoptionsdirect

considering I already have 6 120ml ambers, food for thought

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread