About that Pyramid TeaBag Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanzee

Dec 26, 2009
U.S.A.
I am really a novice at all this. I have settled in pretty well since I got my first 510 a few weeks ago. I did buy some blank carts...they came with this white stuff FOLDED and placed in a spiral in them....??! Am I to take it out and process it somehow? I went ahead and put my juice in there and it worked just fine as they were. But they sure don't look like the pre-fills.

Also, I find that if I don't shake my VG B&H really well before I top off, there is a distinct chemically taste that is almost unbearable. Probably the nic itself. Anyone ever notice if it separates out? Also happens when I put the pv down for a while and go back in a couple of hours. That first puff is nasty.

I got spooked at already ordered some blank carts from a different supplier and some attys, just to have on hand. I plan to watch for a good price on batts ... saw one on cignot and didn't grab them. Would it be good to have a spare charger on hand, or not?

Thanks to all for just being there. N

nycityjeff

Moved On
Sep 22, 2009
New York City
I am really a novice at all this. I have settled in pretty well since I got my first 510 a few weeks ago. I did buy some blank carts...they came with this white stuff FOLDED and placed in a spiral in them....??! Am I to take it out and process it somehow? I went ahead and put my juice in there and it worked just fine as they were. But they sure don't look like the pre-fills.

Also, I find that if I don't shake my VG B&H really well before I top off, there is a distinct chemically taste that is almost unbearable. Probably the nic itself. Anyone ever notice if it separates out? Also happens when I put the pv down for a while and go back in a couple of hours. That first puff is nasty.

I got spooked at already ordered some blank carts from a different supplier and some attys, just to have on hand. I plan to watch for a good price on batts ... saw one on cignot and didn't grab them. Would it be good to have a spare charger on hand, or not?

Thanks to all for just being there. N

That white stuff is not Pyramid Tea Bag stuff, that is poly-fill. I have never heard of it being packaged that way in blanks.

Juice does settle and should be shaken up before refilling carts or dripping.

The reason you get that nasty taste is because that way the poly-fill is packaged is not the way it should be and all your juice is leaking and flooding the atomizer..

That's just my guess

Nanzee

Dec 26, 2009
U.S.A.
So nycityjeff, how do I "process" what they gave me in the carts? Take it out and shred it? I supposed the blank carts would look just like the pre-fills, but without any liquid...

BTW...the nasty taste was an issue after I got the juice, before I got the blank carts, so I don't think flooding the atty was the issue.

How is using a cart with that folded stuff different from "dripping" ? Wow! I am sounding really stupid, like I am in need of a keeper just to help with this technology of
pv.

Thanks for responding though, N

nycityjeff

Moved On
Sep 22, 2009
New York City
So nycityjeff, how do I "process" what they gave me in the carts? Take it out and shred it? I supposed the blank carts would look just like the pre-fills, but without any liquid...

BTW...the nasty taste was an issue after I got the juice, before I got the blank carts, so I don't think flooding the atty was the issue.

How is using a cart with that folded stuff different from "dripping" ? Wow! I am sounding really stupid, like I am in need of a keeper just to help with this technology of
pv.

Thanks for responding though, N

Without knowing exactly what the cart material looks like I'm afraid I can't help you on that one.

As for the flooding, perhaps you were overfilling your carts when you refilled them.

Dripping is when you drip two or three drops directly on the atty, rather than refilling the cart stuffing. You only want to do this if you are using manual batteries, not with automatics.

Don't be bashful about asking questions. We ALL had the same questions when we started. ALL of us.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The harsh taste you are experiencing could be the primer on your atomizer. You need to puff through the primer, not inhaling the vapor. They are moist with a primer that is very harsh! Have you read the thread "on your specific model" ? If you bought the pyramid tea bag carts, then that is what should be in your carts. You should "in my opinion" shake your liquid and fill the cart.
Could be bad juice

Last edited:

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
sounds like a bad batch of liquid, i've had it happen twice if you let the manufacturer know they might send you a replacement, it depends. Also if you use the same polyfill that came in the cart over and over (more than 3-7 days) it degrades and doesn't work as well. You'll have to fill it more often and it will leak more imo. If you let them run dry it tastes bad also. The pyramid teabags are worth looking into, there are some great videos floating around on here with step by step instructions, check on you tube.
hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread