About to buy a GGTB...questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
OK, I'm about to click on the order button, but wanted to ask a couple questions real quick. First, it says it is capable of 3.7, 6 and 7.4v's. I have only vaped as high as 5v. How much different is 6v from 5v?

Second Q. I started out as a 510 vaper and have never tried anything else, these are 901. What difference should I anticipate? More/less vapor? TH? Flavor?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Darth Octane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Colorado
I have used a 5v pass-through and can say it was OK. O do prefer the 6v with a slightly higher resistance Cartomizer. I use the Turbo Cartomizers from Vapor Nine. They are just a little higher in resistance and work great on 6v. Also just so you know the 808-d will fit a 901 connection as well. Or you can use a 901/510 adapter to use what you currently have. I think the 808 produces a bit more vapor and flavor than the 510 (I have an ego as well). Dont hesitate just get it. They are so hard to come by if you don't like it I am sure you would have no problems finding a new home for it.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
The GG mods work AWESOME with 808 cartomizers ! 901 atomizers are very nice at 5 or 6v too, more flavor than a 510 and less harsh on the throat.

The GGTB will wipe the floor with the competition, the fact that it also comes with the telescopic battery piece all for 73 bux is a serious bargain.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
LOL, don't worry, I've been scouring the threads, too and have read the same thing. I have the site up all the time and hit refresh every now and then. Wish we had a time they were coming, hell...what day! The AFSv3 is the one coming out which is a fit for any 901 PV and then later (heard 1 1/2-2months) a GGTB specific AVS will be out...I have this right?

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
So, as a GG virgin...How well do the AVS's work? Do they involve much fiddling with, or are they mostly 'plug n play'? Love dripping over using cartos or carts but would love something that truly doesn't involve me having to play with it every few puffs! If it's truly that good, I may end up in a nic coma the first night!

It's not plug and play, it takes some fiddling to get it set up right, but once you've got it done then that's it, just start vaping through all those ml's of juice lol.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
What is the difference in a 901 vs 501 atty, I see the ggtb uses a 901 connection, whats the pro's con's?

901's have more flavor and less harsh on the throat, but a lot of us the 901 connection on the GG's for 808 cartomizers without needing to use adapters.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
AVS is both simple and finicky, I think.

Using 808 cartos got rid of the finicky for me, but I could still taste burning polyfill, so I rarely use them and when the 4 I have are dead I don't plan on buying more.

901 atty- slightly finicky, I think. I had it perfect the first couple of days and then screwed up left and right for about a week, lol. Since then I have had few problems at all, and the few I do have I can fix in a minute or two, tops.

Threads abound on the issues and there can always be more. ;)

I haven't tried the 510s yet, but should be doing that shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread