Status
Not open for further replies.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
I have been vaping for well over 2 and half years and have been thinking about buying a Reo. I started vaping with simple stuff and then moved on to Genesis style atomizers. About 4 months ago, I started playing with Kayfuns and have really enjoyed that a lot. I been using cotton and 26 gauge wire and generally vape around 0.8 ohms. I also started vaping on some drippers with coils around 0.3 to 0.5 ohms with cotton.

I like the vape that the drippers give me and so I'm a little confused as to what atomizer to order. I have seen numerous posts about people praising the RM 2.0. But, this seems like it would be comparable, air draw wise, to something like a Kayfun? I had my eye on the RM 4.0, but then I read a few posts about people breaking off one of the negative posts. I think that would drive me crazy if that happened to me. To give you an idea of what my experiences have been with drippers; I currently have been using a Zenith and Stilair drippers and have had my eye on the new Magma.
Please advise which RM you think I should buy. Heck, I may even buy 2. :evil:I plan to buy a LP Grand and I have my eye (and in fact loaded in my cart right now) on a copper vein one. I think I will add a copper button and a rebuild kit just in case. I think I may order some extra o rings also. I will probably order some bottles and I think the 6 ml bottles are the one for the Grand, correct? Which spare tubes should I order? And please let me know if I should add anything else to my order.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. :thumb:

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Welcome and glad you are getting a REO. I am a single coil guy 99.9% of the time.

For single coils the RM2 is a flavor producing machine and you can not go wrong with one. I never owned a Kayfun so I can not compare the air draw. But with a .9-1.2 ohm coil the RM2 is absolutely perfect. IMO

For dual coils in the range you mentioned the RM4 or IGO W w/clear cap are both good choices. Of the two I use my IGO W more often and I find the air holes on the clear cap work well with duals in the .5 ohm range. My squonking style does not fit well with multiple air holes (dual could) so the clear cap lets me see what is happening before juice runs out an air hole.

good luck

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Hey NGM, good to see ya around :)

Good call on the Grand, your going to love it.

As far as the RMs go, the RM2 is the standard I judge others on as far as flavor. The stock draw is tight, opened mine up to 3/32 and with a .4 ohm build and doing lung hits it is still a little tight, mouth to lung it's just right. Going to go to 5/32 when I get the time to get out to the shop.

The Grand will come with 2 bottles, they are cheap and more is also better. Definitely get a rebuild kit and I would also suggest a spare spring just in case.

Welcome to the Ville, feel free to ask any other questions, folks here like answering them almost as much as we like pics.

EDIT: The CV is a beautiful finish however it will darken up considerably. If you want that fresh off the factory floor look, make sure to use several coats of a quality clear coat before you handle it.

Last edited:

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
It doesn't say RM 2.0, but is the one I want?

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

and is this the IGO-W you are talking about?

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

I also will add the clear cap as well.

My cart so far.

1 x low profile reomizer works with lp mods only $43.00
1 x Igo w-clear cap $6.00
1 x Igo w-bf rba low pro mods only $40.00
1 x Springs for Metal REOs $5.00
1 x Reo grand repair kit $25.00
1 x Brass Button Covers $6.00
2 x 6ml Feed Tubes $4.00
2 x Bottles 6ml $1.30
1 x Magnets Metal Reos $0.50
1 x LP reo grand copper vein $156.00
12 Products $286.80

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
New cart:

2 x o ring bottom fed rba 1.5mm X 10mm $0.50
2 x o ring bottom fed rba 1mm X 10mm $0.50
2 x 6ml Feed Tubes $4.00
2 x Bottles 6ml $1.30
16 Products $287.80

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
New cart:

2 x o ring bottom fed rba 1.5mm X 10mm $0.50
2 x o ring bottom fed rba 1mm X 10mm $0.50
2 x 6ml Feed Tubes $4.00
2 x Bottles 6ml $1.30
16 Products $287.80

Hi Mate,
Welcome.
My tips:
Add a few 2 or 4 RM2 screws and maybe get an extra spring (or 2?) instead of the rebuild kit.
The black button cover looks great on the cooper vein.
The cooper vein will oxidize over time (darkens beautifully IMHO), but a wrap or clear coat can be used to protect the original color/finish.
Skip the w- clear cap, unless you run clear or unflavoured. A gunky coil is nothing to be showing off.

On the RM2, I use a drip tip o-ring around the 510 in conjunction with an 1 or 1.5 X 10mm o-ring. They fit perfectly and allow me to position the air hole properly. ( Opposite the button for me.)

Have fun
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Done! Now when is it going to get here? :D

It's not there yet :ohmy:

Once mine have shipped, I've had them in 2 days consistently. Make sure your there to sign for it, it ships sig required.

Meanwhile, torture your self looking through the pic threads. If you haven't already, check out super_Xs videos, they will prepare you for a masters in REOlogy.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread