About to take the plunge.. 3.7, 5 or 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Ok, I'm finally gonna have a decent check this week. Gotta step up. I have 3 stick V2's in the house and a few 510's (once I switched, wife and son did too) and I am tired of battery life issues and needing a better hitter.

I watched terraphon's review of the silver bullet at 3.7 and man.... he makes it look good- well, I don't mean it wasn't a non-biased review, I trust him- and I'd almost buy on that ground. But I can't help but wonder if what I'm really looking for is at 5 volts or 6 volts.

6 volts kinda scares me; looks like a juice drinking atty killer that I'd probably love.

5 volts (and prodigy is the only one I know in that range) looks like the next logical step.

3.7 volt High Battery life mods (like a single 18650) seem like they would be the same as a 510 with a fresh batt- only fresher longer.

I also got a couple of tags to build a custom box when the franken-mod I made was undeniably inadequate (well, the rubber bands holding the whole thing together kinda gave that away :oops: ). I wouldn't know to ask the modder to build 3.7, 5 or 6.

I know f'rinstance like Zofyer has all the mods and some of you do too. I am guessing that since I like the hit on a 510 and I like the cart life on the 801 that a 5v 801 might be right, or perhaps a 6 volt.

I truly would appreciate a hand on making a pick-- the other three members of my house all are way recession underemployed so I gotta be careful and my shots are few and far between these days ;-)

Thanks, buds.

Steve

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm thinking may be best to try 5v, that's a decent leap from 3.7v, if that doesnt do it for you, you may want to try 6v. I am planning on building my own 5v mod to try it out, and if I like it, I'll probably end up getting a Super-T for my manufacturered high volt. I love my Janty Stick, but I gotta experience the higher volts just to try it.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hey Steve

FWIW
I'm one o the oddballs apparently. Tried the 5v and did not like it one bit. I've settled into a 901 SD and a 510 AR and I'm content.

As you mention regarding the 510, by using it with a 16340 it's pretty much un-changed other than much longer battery life. Cheaper batteries as well. Having settled on the Screwdriver and AdapreveR I only have one battery size to deal with between the 2 PV's.

Luck

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I'd go with the Prodigy at 5v. If you don't like it, get the other switch so you can use it at 3.7 or 6. I use it at 5v and it's fine and dandy.

BTW I think the SD is excellent at only 3.7. If you like a freshly charged 510, you'd like the SD all day long.

It's so hard to recommend something when we all have different wants and needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread