I need a 3.7 v solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMWylde

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
USA
Trying to hook the wife. Shes got a 510 but complains of "not getting anything" though she cant explain what shes trying to get. I got her started dripping on it and she likes that better. She likes my Bartleby and the 510 passthrough. I assume its because they are slightly higher voltage and produce more vapor.

I know she would rather have something that looked more or less like a cigarette. She does not want a mod or a big batt that she says looks like a birthday party horn.

What are some 3.7 volt options?

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
The Indulgence is close. The construction bigger than a cigarette, but it is a true 3.7v device. I would also say that it's not the "most durable" mod out there.

If you're willing to pony up the $$ the Preceise is a classy looking device that is much closer to an actual cigarette when you look at the smaller sized ones.

Other than those two which immediately jump to mind, I can't personally think of any analog shaped ones. The eGo/Riva/Tornado is an option, but isn't going to run at a true and constant 3.7v.

If it were me, I'd buy a new toy for myself and pass the Bartleby over to her! :D

the tornado has the mega battery with a nice button. same thing as the ego.
the battery isn't huge or anything and the life between charges is good.

you can have a mod that is small and looks pretty good also that is very close to an AAA battery size.
parts would be tact switch, a maglite that takes a single AAA, and the threaded connection from a dead battery. the length is just about the same in relation to the 510 stock batteries but just a bit thicker. the battery you would use is trustfire 10440. rated at 3.7v @ 600mAh.

currently i run the AA size (14500) and my stock 510 atty. the vapor is about 2-3 times the amount i used to get and same with flavor.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
I was wondering if she is using a genuine Joye atty? Not all 510 atty's are created equal. Basically any 510 atty around the 2Ω range should work well. I have read that the 1.5Ω atty's will kill the 510 batts. I don't know, I do know that the battery life won't be as long.
Has she seen an ego compared to a 510? It's really not that big.
Picture010.jpg

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Check out this: 510 high voltageManual USB Passthrough This puppy comes out right around 3.7 - 3.8v on average and is a life saver! You get all the convenience of the size of a normal 510 batt coupled with true 3.7v performance and built in passthrough capability. FYI It has no disernable cutoff time so the hits can be as long as you want. Couple this with one of these LitecigUSA as I did and you will be in for a great dripping experience! If she is on the go ALOT then you can always get her a Kensington Power Pack (or something similar) to charge it on the go in her purse and she use the Kenisngton to charge other stuff as well (ie cell phone, mp3 player, etc.) Just some stuff I found to work for me, hope it does for you as well.

EDIT: The first link is NOT a HV passthrough as the injected wording states, it is in fact a 3.7v and the second link is a solid steel Drip Tip. Just saw that it didnt come up properly. Peace

Last edited:

IMWylde

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2010
USA
The Indulgence is close. The construction bigger than a cigarette, but it is a true 3.7v device. I would also say that it's not the "most durable" mod out there.

If you're willing to pony up the $$ the Preceise is a classy looking device that is much closer to an actual cigarette when you look at the smaller sized ones.

Other than those two which immediately jump to mind, I can't personally think of any analog shaped ones. The eGo/Riva/Tornado is an option, but isn't going to run at a true and constant 3.7v.

If it were me, I'd buy a new toy for myself and pass the Bartleby over to her! :D

Yah, no she can have my Bartleby when she pry's it from my cold dead hands! Or at least until I find a better looking piece that delivers the massive vapor hits I get from this ingenious device.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Since she "can't describe" what it is she's not getting, it may be as simple as needing to SEE huge clouds of vapor. That might seem insignificant to some, but it can be a big deal (psychologically) for others. Get her some big-vapor juice to try, like ECOpure or Tasty Vapor.

Also, her old smoking habits do not necessarily indicate what level of nicotine will work best for her. Sometimes a 4-pack-per-day Marlboro smoker will be happy with 12 mg, while a half pack of lights person needs 36 mg. Happens all the time.

Oh, and buy that poor woman her own Bartleby, ya cheapskate! :D

Also, her old smoking habits do not necessarily indicate what level of nicotine will work best for her. Sometimes a 4-pack-per-day Marlboro smoker will be happy with 12 mg, while a half pack of lights person needs 36 mg. Happens all the time.

i'm thinking that's why i cant stop smoking the cigs. my friend mixed up a batch for me and i stopped for a month. batteries died and started up again. now vaping my own mix dieing for a cig, even as i type this.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
i'm thinking that's why i cant stop smoking the cigs. /.../.

Could be, try some experiments. Other things could be in play here, as well. It could be as simple as improving your vaping technique for more TH and vapor, or finding a flavor that blows your skirt up (TV Butter Rum FTW! :D).

It took me over 2 months of just trying to vape more and smoke less before I quit. I didn't even notice when it happened! My "quit date" was a day or two (or three) after Christmas '09. It was easy, because I didn't really "try to quit". I just woke up one day and realized I had done it.

nesf

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Cork, Ireland
Since she "can't describe" what it is she's not getting, it may be as simple as needing to SEE huge clouds of vapor. That might seem insignificant to some, but it can be a big deal (psychologically) for others. Get her some big-vapor juice to try, like ECOpure or Tasty Vapor.

I'm finding that at the moment, I'm not getting enough vapour to really satisfy me. I'm getting enough of a nicotine hit and throat kick to sooth the cravings but not the big plumes of vapour that I want to see exhaling from my mouth.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

Oh, and buy that poor woman her own Bartleby, ya cheapskate! :D

Glad I waited because that was precisely my thought reading through the thread. Why try to re-invent the wheel?

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
You could try some ecopure Krystal from cignot.com... Not a lot of flavor, but I haven't tried anything that puts out that much vapor. It's all VG. More VG = more vapor and less throat hit. Tastyvapor.com is my favorite vendor, specifically the TV Butter Rum and Atomic Cinnacide. Select maximum VG during check-out or leave instructions in the order comments.

With less throat hit, it's easier to learn to direct-inhale. Getting good at
that will allow you to produce redonkulous plumes of
vapor, like in the videos.

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
I know what she's talking about...and that won't likely be solved by anything less than going to a 5v device or using an LR atty. (at least it wasnt for me) She's looking for that "presence" in the lungs that cigarettes seemed to have. Sadly I'm not certain exactly what causes that phenomenon with the analogs, but that would be the reason she likes your bartleby more. (you said it was higher volt right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread