Status
Not open for further replies.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
Ya, me again. Sorry.

So the husband has finally decided he wants to quit smoking! He's tried hits off my 901 here and there and liked it, but felt like e-cigs would be too much hassle for him. Tonight though, he called and asked if he could borrow my back up kit.

I really want him to have a super simple, easy experience with this. He's not a guy who likes to fiddle with stuff *at all*, and I won't be there to help him with it (we don't live together, long story). He gets frustrated very quickly with things that don't work, and he doesn't like to "stop and ask for directions" -- shocking from a man, I know. :p I don't see him even wanting to learn how to refill carts.

So I'm looking for some ideas for him. My 510 should be here tomorrow, and while I'm really excited about that for me, from what I hear that might be the best thing to give to him. I'm pretty much over the analogs and don't need to burn my throat out to overcome cravings, while he most likely will. Should I be an absolute saint and donate my new toy?

The other option I'm thinking of is a disposable e-cig; The "shove a cart in and go" deal sounds right up his ally. Anyone have some thoughts on a disposable that performs pretty well?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks <3

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Well...for easy but ok/reliable, and 'break him into it,' a 401 with a bunch of pre-filled carts. Carts are tiny though, and don't let him touch your 510, or you may not get it back!

Or maybe something like a KR808D-1/Vapor King for truly 'easy,' just realize carts aren't cheap, and quality on them seems to be hit and miss...tell him to chuck it at first taste of burning (IMHO, blah blah, search on 'burning cartomizers' and make up your own mind). A greencig would be great IF they fixed the battery life (carts don't burn, and taste quite good).

If he can cope with attys, an auto 510, as it's unlikely he'll be dripping. And again, buy some prefilled in diff flavors, or make him beg you to refill them? :)

openthewell

ECF Veteran
    Jun 11, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I'd say for sure ease of use and maintence go with a Vapor king/Kr-808d/Nebula. They are all the same product, different names and feature the cartomizer system. For trouble free vaping, albeit a little expensive, one can just order a large amount of pre-filled carts. When one runs dry, just toss it in the garbage and grab another. No worries of burned out atomizers or worn out cartridges after numerous refills.

I can say I've had my Nebula for over 3 days, and I love its ease of use. I've been topping off my carts regularly, but its not necessary if you have the money to keep buying carts on a regular basis.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2008
    Southern California USA
    www.ecigmall.com
    • Deleted by ZambucaLu
    • Reason: supplier promotion

trog100

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2008
    UK
    one think i now know for certain.. to move from real cigs to fake ones you really do have to want to make the move.. if someone is still happy with real cigs.. many or most are.. real cigs is what they will keep using..

and it is as simple as that.. they really do have to want to make the move.. if they dont its waste of time trying to make them..

fake cigs can work.. but only for those that want them to.. i use the term fake deliberately by the way cos that is exactly how they see them.. "not real"..

trog

NPerez

Jun 9, 2009
    Northern NJ
    @trog :( I wouldn't call it a move from real cigs to fake cigs.. calling vaporizers fake cigs is an insult to their awesomeness. Tis a move from fatal smoke to nonfatal vapor. (but I get your point.. new guys will see it this way. I can't wait until e-cigs catch on and people realize what it's all about)

No e-cig right now is hassle-free (someday..). The technology is young and everyone's still working out the kinks. All I can say is, go with a popular model so there's an ample amount of information around when things take a turn for the worst.. and go with pre-filled carts (as disappointing as they can be).

If you're looking to buy a new one for him, then if I were you I'd get a m401.. just my personal opinion.. since you've already got a 510 & a 901, one of the only major models left to try out is that one, and it seems very reliable.

edit: didn't read that you're looking for a disposable. obv not the most cost-effective if it's not just a trial-run, but that is closest to hassle-free. i've never tried one though.

Last edited:

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2008
    London, UK
    You could get him a box of Ruyan disposable cigars. They last ages and taste nice (if he doesn't like the flavour it's easy enough to clean out the cartridge and refil with something different). I ended up getting these for my Dad after watching his eyes glaze over when I tried to explain how to maintain the mini I gave him. He likes the cigars. No hassle, just smoke them till they stop and then chuck them.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'd say for sure ease of use and maintence go with a Vapor king/Kr-808d/Nebula. They are all the same product, different names and feature the cartomizer system. For trouble free vaping, albeit a little expensive, one can just order a large amount of pre-filled carts. When one runs dry, just toss it in the garbage and grab another. No worries of burned out atomizers or worn out cartridges after numerous refills.

I can say I've had my Nebula for over 3 days, and I love its ease of use. I've been topping off my carts regularly, but its not necessary if you have the money to keep buying carts on a regular basis.

I have the Vapor King, and it works great.

The only piece of advise. Whoever you buy from make sure you do NOT get the USB charger with a wall adapter.

The ones I had messed up a couple of the batteries.

They have chargers that are strictly plug in the wall. they have been working much better.

You can refill the cartridges, and if you want info on that I have posted how to clean, and refill them several different places, but will do so again.

I have had my VK little more than a month now.

I have about 15 cartirdges that I keep re-using, and refilling.
    Haven't had a cart fry yet.

Good luck on the switch over.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
    May 12, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    www.annstorer.com
    I was checking out VaporGuys' disposable M-401 kit, the price is right on that one and it looks a lot like a regular cig, which I know my guy would like ( all newbies do, heh). They're out of stock at the moment though, argh.

Nhaler looks crazy expensive, or I would go through them. Over $100 for a disposable kit?? Yikes! Is there some wholesale part of the site I'm missing?

The disposable cigar looks like a good bet, it's manly and looks pretty easy. I'll ask him how he feels about that today.

Think I'll end up either going with one of the above, or maybe a 401 kit. I think he'd be okay with dipping the atomizer rather than refilling...and I've been wanting one for long time any way -- see my enormous thread about it -- so if he hates it, I get to try it out. :p

Thanks so much for all the fast replies, this is the best forum for good, fast advice I've ever seen. I love you guys. *sniff*

trog100

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2008
    UK
    @trog I wouldn't call it a move from real cigs to fake cigs.. calling vaporizers fake cigs is an insult to their awesomeness. Tis a move from fatal smoke to nonfatal vapor. (but I get your point.. new guys will see it this way. I can't wait until e-cigs catch on and people realize what it's all about)

they have "awesomeness" to you because you are a devotee.. to none devotees they are just fake cigs..

which is the very point i am trying to make..

trog

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    I was checking out VaporGuys' disposable M-401 kit, the price is right on that one and it looks a lot like a regular cig, which I know my guy would like ( all newbies do, heh). They're out of stock at the moment though, argh.

Nhaler looks crazy expensive, or I would go through them. Over $100 for a disposable kit?? Yikes! Is there some wholesale part of the site I'm missing?

The disposable cigar looks like a good bet, it's manly and looks pretty easy. I'll ask him how he feels about that today.

Think I'll end up either going with one of the above, or maybe a 401 kit. I think he'd be okay with dipping the atomizer rather than refilling...and I've been wanting one for long time any way -- see my enormous thread about it -- so if he hates it, I get to try it out. :p

Thanks so much for all the fast replies, this is the best forum for good, fast advice I've ever seen. I love you guys. *sniff*

Hi,

NHaler's site isn't so easy to nav. The GreenCigs are disposable, but entirely different (and better, no cart burning, but..bad cutoff time).

These are the right links for the KR* kits there:
    NHaler : The Nhaler KR808D-1
    NHaler : KR808D-1 NHaler Single Battery Kit
    NHaler : Cheapo Starter Kit

And carts for $8:
    http://shop.e-ciggusa.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=23
    And USB PT:
    http://shop.e-ciggusa.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=31

You can also enter in SAVEinNJ for 10% ECF discount.

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    they have "awesomeness" to you because you are a devotee.. to none devotees they are just fake cigs..

which is the very point i am trying to make..

trog

I'm totally with you on this, entirely valid.

If someone *wants* to quit, or at least is thinking about it, they're more open to 'options,' even if they're not identical, and e-cigs are not. Or, if they're very much into the 'geekiness' of it, they might play with it a few days, and give it a shot, but if they really have no desire whatsoever, it's a much harder 'sell.'

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    My next purchase is going to be a 601 pipe. Ed at EastMall and I had a conversation about them (he uses one at home). Points that sold me are big atomizer, large capacity of liquid, nice volume of vapor. Downside is cost to replace atomizer (whole pipe bowl).

I really like my 801 penstyle, which was my first e-cig in January and I still use it 80% of the time. Great vapor, they don't get misplaced as easy, parts are easy to find, nice capacity for liquid in the cart, good battery life, not too expensive for parts and my atomizers last really well (of my original 4 purchased 4 months ago, 3 are still working pretty great and I don't really clean them, only blow out and drain). I use a Kensington and passthrough (of which are all dead, so I'm waiting on a new one from Puresmoker) with it when I'm out and about and at home use a passthrough on a USB hub plugged in to the wall. Easy!

denec

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2009
    NYC
    I have the Vapor King, and it works great.

The only piece of advise. Whoever you buy from make sure you do NOT get the USB charger with a wall adapter.

The ones I had messed up a couple of the batteries.

They have chargers that are strictly plug in the wall. they have been working much better.

You can refill the cartridges, and if you want info on that I have posted how to clean, and refill them several different places, but will do so again.

I have had my VK little more than a month now.

I have about 15 cartirdges that I keep re-using, and refilling.
    Haven't had a cart fry yet.

Good luck on the switch over.

how did it mess up your batteries?

i wonder if it did the same to mine?

i did not buy from vapor king but someone else...my battery is dead i am getting a replacement but still

but why would a usb charger into wall kill battery?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread