Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide mods.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 1.jpg

The Dovpo Abyss AIO kit was born in collaboration with Suicide Mods and comes standard with the bridge for nautilus Coil and adapters to install a 18650 or 21700 battery.
    To complement this kit there is an infinite and interesting series of original accessories to be purchased separately to make this mod a unique product of its kind and suitable for different types of vaping.
    To verify (from what I have read) the possible compatibility with all the standard Bridge for the Billet Box.

Accessories list for Abyss AIO 60W:
    • Abyss AIO Ether RBA
    • Abyss Side By Side Kit
    • Abyss Button Kit: Available Square and Round with 3 different finishes
    • Abyss 18650 Adapter: Available in Smoke and Frost
    • Abyss Glass Pack: Contains 3 different colors Smoked, Clear and Ultem
    • Abyss Drip-Tip: Available in white Delrin or black Delrin
    • Abyss Bridge 4 in 1 Adapter coil:
    - Abyss Bridge For Coil PnP by VooPoo and GTX 1st series By Vaporesso
    - Abyss Bridge For EUC Coil by Vaporesso
    - Abyss Bridge For Caliburn G Coil By Uwell
    - Abyss Bridge For Nord Coil BY Smok

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 2.jpg

The black / opaque cardboard package has on the front side:
    The writing Abyss, 1 stamp that shows the color indication of this sample called Onyx (color black), the Suicide Mods logo and that of Dovpo.

On the back of the package there is a nice slogan that reads:
    "The possibilities are endless, enter the Abyss, welcome to the AIO Abyss. Congratulations on purchasing this vaping product you will need! Designed by Suicide Mods and manufactured by Dovpo Technology, this ever expanding platform will continue to evolve as fast as does the vape industry. Whether you are a vape novice or an extreme hobbyist, we are sure you will enjoy getting lost in the abyss ... "

The following are shown; the packing list, the address of SHENZHEN DOVPO TECHNOLOGY CO, .LTD, the scratch & scan and the batch number.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 3.jpg

Once the outer sleeve has been extracted, we can access the contents by lifting the magnetic "seagull wing" flap of the box, then we are immediately greeted by the slogan "Enter The Abyss".
    The kit inside is neatly housed on two overlapping sponge drawers, the first contains the mod and the one below the accessories.

Package contents:
    • 1 * Abyss AIO device with pre-installed 18650 plate and adapter
    • 1 * Raised plate for conversion to 21700 battery
    • 1 * Back Cover for 21700 Battery
    • 1 * Nautilus Coil adapter
    • 1 * USB-C cable
    • 2 * Wrap for 21700 batteries
    • 1 * Bag of accessories
    • 1 * Battery Usage Warning Card
    • 1 * User Manual

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 4.jpg

Kit Specifications:
    • DOVPO 60W chipset
    • Modes: VW, Bypass, TC, Stealth mode
    • Single 18650/21700 battery (Not included)
    • Dimensions Mod: 83x53x25mm
    • Weight of the Mod in configuration for 21700: 152g (Tank excluded)
    • Weight of the Mod in configuration for 18650: 188g (Tank excluded)
    • Material: Stainless steel and aluminum alloy
    • Input voltage: 3.2V-4.2V
    • Output voltage: 0.8-8.OV
    • Power range: 5-60W
    • Temperature range: 200 ° F-600 ° F 100 ° C-315 ° C
    • Supported resistance range: 0.08-3.50Ω in VW mode, 0.10-3.50Ω in TC mode
    • Charging: 5V-1.0A
    • Tank: 4ml capacity, Ø25mm diameter
    • Drip-Tip: proprietary screw.
    • AFC: Adjustable
    • Refill: Side with silicone cap

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 5.jpg

Available colours:
    • Onyx (Matt black), Classic (SS), Storm (Gunmetal), Tidal (Sea blue), Mars (Red), Amethyst (Purple), Nato (Military green).

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 6.jpg

First impressions:
    I received from Dovpo for this test the black "Onyx" specimen, one of the most elegant of the Abyss lot. However, I must admit that even the remaining colors are pleasant in their simplicity and well matched to the components in black or ss, depending on the version.

The design of this kit includes soft and rounded lines, with the "fire" button located on the side in an ergonomic position and the OLED display with the "+" and "-" adjustment keys "intelligently" hidden "under the base of the device to avoid damaging the clean aesthetics of this device.

The body of the Abyss is made of anodized aluminum and steel; it is CNC machined and assembled with precision and care.
    The materials used make this kit a compact, robust and not excessively heavy device in the 21700 version; especially when compared to similar devices, in fact the Abyss Mod weighs only 152g in the 21700 configuration while in the configuration for 18650 the weight increases up to 188g. This difference may seem strange, but it is due to the "Tube Adapter" for 18650 which is made entirely of steel. So we can talk about a device with an acceptable weight in the 21700 configuration.

I find this compact kit really comfortable to hold and as you can see from the images below I often find myself using it with different handles; in the palm of the hand or between the fingers, indifferently with the right or left hand, with naturalness and spontaneity.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 7.jpg

Mod components:
    Depending on whether you intend to use a 18650 or a 21700 battery you must use one of the two plates that are supplied, both are internally marked with the negative pole symbol to indicate the correct location of the cell.
    The plate for the 18650 battery is flat in the upper profile and is equipped with a pin that protrudes towards the inside of the compartment to compensate for the shorter length of the 18650 cell. The battery must be inserted together with the "tube adpter" supplied in the kit. While to install the 21700 battery you have a raised upper plate and a light Cover made of semi-transparent plastic that embraces the cell (once inserted in the mod) in an elastic and sufficiently precise way.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 8.jpg

The closing system of the battery compartment with the use of one of these plates (18650 or 21700) also allows you to position the proprietary tank in the correct way. In practice, the protruding collar of the compartment / battery has two machining slots, on which the plate must be inserted with the "bayonet system". Then the atomizer is inserted and the plate is rotated at the end of its stroke to cover the tank.

The image below on the left shows the internal part of the battery compartment with the positive pole on the bottom and the decorations that include various identifying white writings. The image in the center shows the Abyss on the back with the 21700 Semi-Transparent Plastic Battery Cover Wrap installed. The image on the right shows the plate before the insertion of the tank, therefore ready to be rotated with subsequent screwing of the drip-tip at the top to tighten the tank.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 9.jpg

Front / rear profile:
    At the top we find the side door of metallic material for convenient access through a large section hole to the liquid refill in the proprietary tank. Just below the tank there is the hinged horizontal slider which is able to choke 15 holes of 0.8mm each. So the adjustment of the AFC is very precise and allows an air passage area that ranges from "very large" for the RDL or DL vape (within the limits of the 60W max supplied by the mod) to "very narrow" for the vape MTL, until it reaches a perfect closure without any passage of air.
    A little further down there is a rather ergonomic recessed area that contains the "Abyss" logo laser engraved on the metal and the 5v-1.0A Type-C charging port.

Previously we saw the back with the 21700 battery and the semi-transparent plastic Cover Wrap that embraces the cell, in the image below we see the back with the metal "Tube adapter" for 18650 battery, this accessory is also available in Smoke colors and Frost and is inserted from the top. The Tube adapter is equipped with an oring that fits inside the upper collar for perfect positioning of the same.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Underlying part of the Mod:
    This part is screwed to the Mod via 4 screws; it houses the "+" and "-" adjustment keys and the 0.96 "monochrome display.
    The display fonts are sufficiently large and well lit, clearly visible even in different ambient light situations.

Operation Guide:
    • Power On / Off: Press the Fire button 5 times.
    • Stand by: The screen dims after 30 seconds of inactivity. Press any button to wake the device.
    • Wattage Mode: Press the "+" or "-" buttons to adjust the power in 0.5 watt increments.
    • Mode Switch: Press and hold the Down and Fire buttons simultaneously.
    • Lock / unlock adjustment keys: Press the "+" and "-" keys simultaneously.
    • Fire Key Lock / Unlock: Press the Fire button 3 times.
    • Invisible mode: Lock the "+" and "-" buttons first, 3 click the "+" button. To exit invisible mode, click 3 on the "+" key. Or unlock
    the "+" and "-" keys.

Temperature control mode (Ni, Ti, Ss316):
    • Once an atomizer is connected, the device will ask if it is new or if it is the one previously connected, confirm the choice with the "+" and "-" keys.
    • When in temperature control mode press and hold both buttons (Up and Fire) to change the preheat, when the power value starts flashing, you can make adjustments with the "+" and "-" buttons.
    • When the temperature value reaches the highest or lowest point in Celsius or Fahrenheit, press the "+" or "-" buttons again to toggle between ° F and ° C or
    from ° C to ° F.

Safety and reporting:
    • Check Atomizer: No atomizer is connected or the resistance does not make contact
    • Short Circuit Protection: Short circuit
    • Low Voltage Protection: The battery level is less than 3.2V.
    • Temperature Protection: The card temperature exceeds 75 ° C / 167 ° F
    • 10S Overtime Protection: When vaping for 10 seconds continuously.
    • Battery reverse protection

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 11.jpg

Universal tank:
    The proprietary tank has a capacity of 4ml and is basically composed of two caps, one upper and one lower that are held together by the adapter that we are going to install. These caps are equipped with 1 external oring and 1 internal oring each, the external one is used to seal the glass. The internal one is used to seal the adapter for the coil that we are going to use. It is a very simple unit that can be completely disassembled for careful periodic cleaning.
    The tank is supplied in the kit with the Nautilus and Cosmo coil adapter.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 12.jpg

Abyss Glass Pack (Optional):
    Contains 3 spare glasses, offered in different colors (Smoked, Clear and Ultem) all transparent and excellent for customizing your kit.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 13.jpg

Abyss Bridge 4 in 1 Adapter (Optional):
    With this kit you can indulge yourself in installing a lot of prefabricated coils such as; GTX 1st series and EUC by Vaporesso, PnP by VooPoo, Caliburn G Coil By Uwell or Nord Coil BY Smok.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 14.jpg

Ether RBA (Optional):
    Ether RBA is a continuation of the popular Ether RTA born from a collaboration with The Vaping Bogan. This rebuildable postless RBA deck is suitable for MTL / RDL.
    Ether RBA comes with; 1 Postless deck, 1 bell / chimney, 1 Drip Tip with 2 additional tips, 1 510 adapter to install on any mod during regeneration, 4 interchangeable airflow adjustment pins (3, 2, 1, 0,8mm ) and a packet of spare parts.

Regeneration is very simple, just choose the air reducer suitable for the coil you intend to build, insert the legs of your coil between the feet of the turrets and tighten the screws, then cut and insert the cotton whiskers in the abundant slots ( I recommend starting with coils of at least 2.5mm in diameter). After having moistened the cotton, just insert the bell / chimney on the deck and compose your regenerable tank.

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 15.jpg

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 16.jpg

Side-by-Side Kit (Optional):
    The Side-by-Side kit contains: 1 cap / battery for the 18650 cell, a cap / battery for the 21700 cell and a 510 threaded adapter to be inserted into the thread of the mod.
    From the thread to the top of the mod there is 33mm, so with this accessory you can change the way you use your Abyss by transforming it into a device that allows you to connect your favorite tank (Max 25mm in diameter).

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 17.jpg

Final conclusions:
    Starting from the defects I would say that the weight in the 18650 configuration could be a little excessive to some, while things improve a lot in the 21700 configuration, contributing to this is the fact that the kit is not burdened by the 47gr of the "tube adapter" for 18650 battery.
    During the test I also happened to "argue" with the adjustment buttons "+" and "-" which in my opinion and for my big fingers are a bit too recessed and difficult to reach (for me).

The positive notes on the other hand are really many; from the sober but widely customizable aesthetics to the ergonomic shapes and the great compactness of the kit.
    Furthermore, the variegated "avalanche" of available accessories undoubtedly contributes to giving value and absolute completeness to this beautiful Mod.
    The performances with the Bridge and the coils of different types are absolutely in line with those of the best proprietary tanks. In fact, the adjustment of the AFC allows you to tune the contrast to the Puff in the best way both with MTL coils (Nautilus) or with DL / RDL coils such as the PnP of VooPoo or the GTX and EUC of Vaporesso.

Dovpo also sent me Eiter RBA, I find this accessory a respectable rebuildable kit, suitable to be used with different coil options, perfectly tuned according to the needs with 4 different air reducers and two Drip-tip one of the MTL type and one of the RDL type to complement the one supplied which is of more pulmonary extraction (DL).

I would like to add another positive note regarding the proprietary Chipset which in addition to being very reactive and accurate in battery management, is powerful with any wattage set, in the sense that if I set 30W they really seem to be all there and even going up to the threshold maximum (60W) the power always seems real and effective. Among other things, the values detected (resistance) during the connections with the various Bridges and the various coils are almost always quite correct and stable.

For this Abyss AIO 60w Kit I really feel like congratulating Dovpo because I liked it so much and will certainly be using it as my main device for a long time.
    An accessory that I will definitely buy as soon as possible will be Abyss Side By Side Kit.

Thanks to Dovpo for sending me the product for free in exchange for my honest evaluation.
    Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods

Abyss AIO 60w Kit by Dovpo X Suicide Mods 18.jpg

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for the compliments, yes, I am very satisfied, I can't wait to buy the Side-by-Side kit

I have the SBS kit but haven't tried it yet. I've been running the ether rba since I got it and just switched to the GTX bridge last night. Eventually I'll try the SBS.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread