Addicted-So many choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a month into this new lifestyle, no more analogues for me! I've come to realize this is a new addiction (better word may be hobby :p) for me and now I want to know where i should go next. I picked up a MVP 2 and a couple clearos (mini pt2 with aero base, iclear 30s, 16b and a unitank mini). I'm thinking of jumping into RTA's and RDA's (dripping the virgin vapor line-especially that death by chocolate yum!). But my main question is this...what MOD should I be looking into for maximum effect (big clouds and big vapor)? I prefer the VW to the VV personally, but I hear good things about the provari. I'm about to order my kanthal and orgo cotton to wrap my own coils for my mini pt2 and maybe even ordering the pt2 for more juice capacity. Should i just go straight for the kayfun lite or any recommended clones? Just want a nice device to power these suckers. Thanks all.

MVP 2.0
Kamry X6-back up
100% VG juice

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf and the wonderful world of vaping. There are lots of sub-forums on modding and cloud chasing and all the exciting stuff. I am content with just the ultimate vaping which for me is the reo grand. I would definitely recommend the dripping part. The flavors are just so more pronounced. You are right, vaping is a hobby. I seem to learn something new everyday on ecf. Have fun with it and happy vaping. :)

ftbb3000

May 16, 2014
San Diego, CA US
Hi,
I have 3 Provari's and use them regularly. That being said, for dripping I use either a mech mod or a DNA. The Provari's are a great rock solid performer but they don't do sub-ohm. Provari made the decision that safety is rule one. Take a look at the end of the P. Busardo(sp) tour of the factory for the owners thoughts about mod safety. If you're looking to go "big" then your looking to go small, low ohms. Make sure you check the quality of your hardware, maintain it, take your time with the build and test it with an ohm meter. As far as the Kayfuns go. I love the flavor and the amount of juice they hold. One tank can cover most of a work day. But for clouds you need to RDA.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Welcome to the forum SB. Many people use the MVP / KFL or KF3.1 combo successfully. You don't have to buy a new APV. If you are looking for excellent vapor and flavor, the Kayfun type topper will give both (although it's not really a cloud machine in my experience) and will work perfectly well on your current device.

Of course, that's not to say you shouldn't branch out into mechanical mods. I started that journey by reading a lot about battery safety and coil building and going for a $20 clone mech (it was a k100 that I still own)
I enjoyed tinkering with different builds and I would recommend RDA's in particular as they provide excellent flavor and vapor.

So in short, you don't need to upgrade your device, you can use it with some RBA / RDA / RTAs with no issues. But that's not to say that going down the mech route won't be fun and offer a little more flexibility when it comes to being able to fire those lower ohm builds.

EDIT - A great forum member - State O' Flux - has an excellent blog post linking a lot of great information all about using mechs safely, well worth a read. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/state-o-flux/5403-advanced-education-mech-rba-users.html

Last edited:
Thanks much, I'm definitely interested in mech mods, thanks especially to the Rip Trippers vids. I'll be looking into some clones to see if I like them without breaking the bank. May be purchasing a kayfun lite + or possibly a Russian pretty quick here. They look pretty nice and haven't seen a bad review yet.

@InTheShade thanks for the link! pretty good stuff there!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Provari is superb. Even EVIC is good (to a point) but will break soon enough.

If you want mega clouds, a mechanical has got to be the choice.

I have a Kafun on a VW upstairs - 1.6ohms, 10 watts. Compared to a Nemesis with approx 1.0ohm coil, it's kind of unimpressive.

(I've not ventured under about 1.0ohm... but that's where the action is for stupendous clouds...)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
The best way to upgrade is to first max out the device currently used. Find a decent rba &or rda. Kayfun/Russian is a good 1st rba, flash-e-vaper, Taifun, are also great rba's. Just pick which most interests you. Then try something different next time.

Once you find yourself pushing your batt to max watts then is when to think about upgrading the mod. Lot of options from 15-30 watts regulated. Possibly also a mechanical along the way, if you can max out a 30 watt dna.

Vape is a progressive, learn as you go hobby. The more one vapes the more one knows. Not good to push the envelope to quickly, neither go to slow either. Sure you'll find your pace.

My favorite rda is the Magma, large capacity juice well, great vaper.

The best way to upgrade is to first max out the device currently used. Find a decent rba &or rda. Kayfun/Russian is a good 1st rba, flash-e-vaper, Taifun, are also great rba's. Just pick which most interests you. Then try something different next time.

Once you find yourself pushing your batt to max watts then is when to think about upgrading the mod. Lot of options from 15-30 watts regulated. Possibly also a mechanical along the way, if you can max out a 30 watt dna.

Vape is a progressive, learn as you go hobby. The more one vapes the more one knows. Not good to push the envelope to quickly, neither go to slow either. Sure you'll find your pace.

My favorite rda is the Magma, large capacity juice well, great vaper.

This is a grand idea!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread