Advice for a back up rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here. 26 years old and wanting to quit a bad habit (1 PAD smoker) and live a healthier life. I have tried different e-cigs in the past such as Blu and Fifty-One Trio but didn't enjoy the experience. Tried out totallywicked and liked it a little more but fell off the wagon, that was some time ago. Decided to give it another go (girlfriend really hates that I smoke) and stopped into one of the local smoke shops in town and picked up a double ego starter kit and a couple bottles of juice, all freedome-cig brand based out of Michigan. I am hooked. I've only had 3 cigarettes since and have not had the itch for a little bit now. So i decided to do some research and ordered up some new gear; I ordered the innokin MVP 2.0 (with the reviews I've seen on here, how could I not?), a Kanger mini Protank 2, an aerobase for the controllable air flow (I believe I saw that you can hook that base to the mini PT2, if not, someone say so lol), and a 10ct sample pack from Apollo.
Now, my actual question, I have no problem using the starter kit i purchased for the time being as my back ups but i can foresee getting hooked on the VV/VW and will probably want a backup that has it for when I'm charging that MVP 2.0 beast. So...what would y'all recommend in terms of a VV/VW back up? Also, I am interested in reading some opinions on the iClear 16b vs 30s vs the Kanger PT2 and mini if anyone has a link to a good discussion. Thanks everyone!

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
How about another MVP for backup if you like it. Also, remember you can use the MVP while its charging. With that said, you can never have enough back ups. The SVD is also a nice vv/vw but more expensive than the mvp and it has mixed reviews. Ive had no problems at all with mine and its the latest upgrade (button).

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk.

e30holmes

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2014
Colchester, CT
For the price of the vision spinners or ego twists you can get the innokin vv v3. The innokin may not last as long as some of the visions or ego twists but it has a ton more features to keep you in the sweet zone you have with your mvp2. Like db13berry mentioned the passthrough design is handy too and may not need a backup but it would suck if you weren't around a usb port lol.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Either another MVP or the Innokin itaste VV/VW 3. The VV3 works very similar to the MVP, just smaller. I use my VV3 very often when driving and keep the MVP for home use (along with other mods).

To complicate your clearo decision, Kanger has some new aerotanks coming out (mega and mini) that are just starting to hit the stores. After watching pbusardo's youtube review of them, I'm really looking forward to trying one.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Id recommend a second mvp as well. And also on the aero base. Its much cheaper to have the holes on the base of your tank drilled to fix airflow issues. On the mini protank i would suggest having two of the three drilled.

The aero base works well because it has airflow coming in from the side of the tank instead of through the 510 connection where air gets blocked all too easily.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Also, I am interested in reading some opinions on the iClear 16b vs 30s vs the Kanger PT2 and mini if anyone has a link to a good discussion.

The 16b gets a bad rap in the UK.

The original iClear30 is inferior to the 30S.

The PT2 is a PITA.... unless you can rebuild the heads, then it's awesome....

The mini's are superb....all of them.

- - - -

What else do I know?

The 30S is great, but some of the factory cartridges do suffer from a metallic taste which might mean you wash it out *after* you've filled it with juice, wasting some juice too (along the way...)
The atomizer section can last for an amazing amount of time compared to a Kanger replacement head.
A rebuilt PT2 will beat an iClear30S is almost every department.
Mini Protanks can be rebuilt with coils and cotton and are also brilliant.
I don't like Apollo UK, so I hope they are better in the US. (they are an over-priced joke over here...)

:)

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Also, I am interested in reading some opinions on the iClear 16b vs 30s vs the Kanger PT2 and mini if anyone has a link to a good discussion. Thanks everyone!

I'd recommend you get a VTR, a Nitecore i4 charger, 4 3400mAh 18650 batteries, some iClear 30s clearomizers with 2.2ohm heads and replacement heads, and use that as your primary vape. That way, you don't have to worry about snapping off your atomizer or waiting for the MVP to charge.

The MVP can be your backup.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
I'd recommend you get a VTR, a Nitecore i4 charger, 4 3400mAh 18650 batteries, some iClear 30s clearomizers with 2.2ohm heads and replacement heads, and use that as your primary vape. That way, you don't have to worry about snapping off your atomizer or waiting for the MVP to charge.

The MVP can be your backup.

That would be awesome but it's also pretty costly (upfront at least!)

I'd say wait until you fall in love with the MVP, if you do, get another one. I don't own one, but will one day purely because of the love the ECF members afford it.

Alternatives? - Vamo. It's a rock solid, cheap mod, that will do as a main vape or backup.

Enjoy!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I would go on to something different. Get a charger as stated so elegantly earlier and something that takes 18650 batteries. Be it SVD, VTR, 134 series or Seven22 which takes 22650 batteries. Go for the wow factor this time. That way down the road you are all set for Mechanical mods as well. Best thing is get into rebuilding. I won't buy any heads anymore that cannot be easily rebuild. Protanks are easy to rebuild. Cheapens this sport down considerably. Good luck to you in what you choose. CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread