Adding wetness/moisture to a vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Been reading through old forum posts and most seem to suggest using Cactus, Marshmallow or distilled water/saline (wound wash).

Is this still the general consensus for getting a "juicy" or moist type of vape? Is there a preferred method? Distilled water / saline seems like the easiest solution since I wouldn't have to order anything.

I'm currently vaping unflavored (65/35 VG/PG), but it seems dry on the exhale. I'm also planning on getting a few grape flavors to play around with, but I've read that some of those seem "dry" too.

I'm leaning towards the saline since it apparently acts as a flavor enhancer, but wouldn't (at least in my mind, I could be wrong!) affect the unflavored.

Any insight or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
IMHO it depends on what you mean by moister - if we are talking about the sensation of the vape in the mouth, I'd say just turn down the power a bit.

I came to vaping after years of pipesmoking, so with my preferred tobaccos and tecnique I was used to a "wetter" smoke and I found using big wattages produced a vape that was both too dry and too hot for me.

Yesterday I made up a batch of "Ould Gerry's Lanzaron Mix" to use in my dripping attie, so it's around 8 strength, and has a VG content of around 68%.

I diluted the VG with 20% Lanzaron Mineral water (Spanish bottled water for drinking ) - this has a certain quite low salt and mineral content and does produce a vape I like and to my mind gives a hint of what smoking my old favourite British Virginia unfiltered cigarettes were like.

Many folk would disagree with the idea of using this kind of water, but I have done this for a few years and it works for me.

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I should have mentioned that I'm using an Innokin Zenith tank with 0.8ohm coils at 17w, so I don't think I'm vaping very hot.

I'm not getting dry mouth or anything like that, it just feels a bit dry at the back of my throat on the exhale ... it's certainly vapable, I just wouldn't mind being able to smooth out that bit of dryness on the exhale.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Yesterday I made up a batch of "Ould Gerry's Lanzaron Mix" to use in my dripping attie, so it's around 8 strength, and has a VG content of around 68%.

I diluted the VG with 20% Lanzaron Mineral water (Spanish bottled water for drinking ) - this has a certain quite low salt and mineral content and does produce a vape I like and to my mind gives a hint of what smoking my old favourite British Virginia unfiltered cigarettes were like.

Many folk would disagree with the idea of using this kind of water, but I have done this for a few years and it works for me.
Sorry for the slight hijack.

Is the water 20% of the VG in the mix or 20% of the total mix?

I had a workmate that used a particular brand of mineral water in all her mixes. She swore by it as being the perfect blend for her.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Sorry for the slight hijack.

Is the water 20% of the VG in the mix or 20% of the total mix?

I had a workmate that used a particular brand of mineral water in all her mixes. She swore by it as being the perfect blend for her.

I make the VG into "aqueous glycerine" - if I use 100mls of VG I add 20% mineral water by volume and shake the hell out of it until it is thoroughly mixed then proceed with the rest of the mix which also gets well well shaken.

Purist will probably ( maybe rightly) disapprove of my methods, but they work for me. If you are at all interested in the last batch I made and how I did it I can post on it tomorrow.

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread