The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Advertising in EU

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by Baltezar, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baltezar

Baltezar New Member

Nov 3, 2016
    I'm considering doing some affiliate work for vape shops in Europe. Can anyone clarify which channels and methods are still open in which country? I usually do advertising with RTB, PPC, social and email (opted in only). Which are ok? And which vendors are (for instance Google sometimes has restrictions on categories which are not prohibited by law).

Last question, any good affiliate programs that you know? Or ideas on where to start besides writing to them? Would rather have one good relationship with a mid size vendor then something else.

2. tippi771

tippi771 Full Member

Nov 2, 2015
    There is still a lot of uncertainty about this..Direct advertising is of course prohibited..

3. Baltezar

Baltezar New Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Sorry what do you mean with 'direct' advertising? Can I do banner ads promoting an ecig (the device)?

4. tippi771

tippi771 Full Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Well, I am not a vendor, and naturally no expert. In my country: If you show someone who is vaping in your banner: advertising. If you just show the picture of a tobacco plant field and the name of the manufacturer:
    no direct advertising. In any case, you should ask a lawyer..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.