Advice for a newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisper

Nov 26, 2010
U.S.
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I could rally use some help her. I am completely new to this e-cigarette movement. I have been an on again off again smoker myself for years but this isn't really about me. My wife recently tried smoking and enjoys it on rare occasions. Problem is these new fsc cigs really bother her and in general she doesn't want the side effects of smoking. She is interested in trying an e-cig. Here is where I could use some help. She smokes Salems or VS 120 menths, she really likes the flavor and the look. However we haven't been able to find any e-cigs that are anywhere near as slim and long. The only thing i could find online was some from Desonic but i am guessing they only sell in bulk. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for a slimmer-longer model. Also a particular brand/style of liquid to get a good smooth menthol flavor. Any help would be great. Thank you.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I loved slim cigarettes. But you aren't going to find anything slimmer than a Marlboro. About 8.5mm diameter.

I use M401 and M402 manuals and find them pleasingly slim. M401 is the longer length and longer lasting battery and is 108mm long (around the length of a 110 cigarette). These models have very small cartridges you have to mess with a lot. You have to use an unbent paper clip to push the inner cart up out of the mouthpiece then top it off with juice fairly frequently. When the cart starts not absorbing well, I remove the inner stuffing and pat it between paper towels, out some juice in the cart (about 2/3 full) replace the stuffing carefully, get it positioned right, top off with a drop or 2. When the cart gets too finicky, I wash it and replace the stuffing with blue foam (the blue foam mod). I got my custom kit here w/ gold atomizer, one black/gold design manual battery (blue led) and one white manual battery (orange led). Not quite the best price but I liked that I could customize the kit.
I believe his discount code is 10FOR2010 for 10% off.
http://www.mypvshop.com/store/electronic-cigarettes/m401/
He doesn't carry the M401 PCC (charging case) and is out of stock on the non-charging M401 cases but you can find them elsewhere.

The M401 is considered a lightweight around here. Many people prefer popular minis (longer and a bit fatter) and larger units like Ego and Riva which look more like fat magic markers than cigarettes. But at least the M401 is a respected unit. I've found the fit and finish to be A+ and I don't mind screwing with the tiny carts frequently. I would not recommend it to anyone who is unable to do that.

Besides Mistress Nomad's videos, I recommend you read the multipart illustrated guide in the Library sticky thread (top of this newbies section), especially part 4 which starts getting into specific models. You'll see the M401 mentioned in the guide. And BTW - most people recommend manual batteries. Automatic batteries can turn on accidentally from wind and vibration.

Last edited:

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
If you are looking for a long, smooth ecig I would recommend the joye 510 Mega. That should sufficiently fulfill the needs of a light smoker. I don't normally smoke menthol, but I did receive one from vaporbomb (via mutt), unfortunately, I'm not sure which menthol it was and mutt didn't remember. From the taste I would say it was the Max ultimate menthol because I have the max from VB and it tastes like that with a menthol kick. I love the Max from VB, 50/50 mix and it has a heck of a kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread