Advice on 18650 cells needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
what cells would you recommend me for RX2/3 for subohm vaping? Mostly around 80-100W at 0.15-0.40ohm range, 10-20 puffs during few minutes and than resting for another 15minutes most of the time.

Atm using VTC6, but i am affraid i might be abusing them too much. They didn't get warm while vaping like that, but that might be because i mostly vape outside at work (-15 to +5°C).

What are your tips? I would rather have some overpowered ones to not have to worry about overloading them once i get more complex coil builds and require more power.
Thanks

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
According to @Mooch they can deliver 19A:
1zp7dy1.jpg

If you view this site and use the vtc5 preset (20A) on a regulated mod in wattage mode (50 W per battery when using 2) at .15 Ohm, you'll see one battery uses 13.23 A, which means you're safe:
Battery drain

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
According to @Mooch they can deliver 19A:
1zp7dy1.jpg

If you view this site and use the vtc5 preset (20A) on a regulated mod in wattage mode (50 W per battery when using 2) at .15 Ohm, you'll see one battery uses 13.23 A, which means you're safe:
Battery drain
About 17.2 amps per battery. Amp draw is calculated differently on regulated mods, and resistance doesn't factor in.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hello,
what cells would you recommend me for RX2/3 for subohm vaping? Mostly around 80-100W at 0.15-0.40ohm range, 10-20 puffs during few minutes and than resting for another 15minutes most of the time.

Atm using VTC6, but i am affraid i might be abusing them too much. They didn't get warm while vaping like that, but that might be because i mostly vape outside at work (-15 to +5°C).

What are your tips? I would rather have some overpowered ones to not have to worry about overloading them once i get more complex coil builds and require more power.
Thanks
if you are vaping no more then 100 watts even with dead batteries (3 volts each) you'd only be pulling about 16.6 amps. in 3 battery mode only 11.1 amps so you'd be fine with a good "20" amp battery like the Sony VTC6, LG HG2, or my favorite the Samsung 30q

Well, i am using 3 battery setup all the time for prolonged lifetime at work, since i have only one set. That is also why i asked for tip, since i want to order another set of 3 just to be sure that i won´t run out of power once i make some more power hungry builds i plan to do.

What is your tip on price/performance ratio? Got those VTC6´s overpriced, so this time i want to save some cash for new atty, battery protection case since i will wear them in backpack and other stuff.

Again, power range will be about 80-120W, maybe up to 150 if i go insane :)

I am from CZ, so EU shops or intl shops with cheap/free shipping would be great, but again, reliable, I don´t want to get rewraped bomb to burn myself just because of few saved dollars.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Well, i am using 3 battery setup all the time for prolonged lifetime at work, since i have only one set. That is also why i asked for tip, since i want to order another set of 3 just to be sure that i won´t run out of power once i make some more power hungry builds i plan to do.

What is your tip on price/performance ratio? Got those VTC6´s overpriced, so this time i want to save some cash for new atty, battery protection case since i will wear them in backpack and other stuff.

Again, power range will be about 80-120W, maybe up to 150 if i go insane :)

I am from CZ, so EU shops or intl shops with cheap/free shipping would be great, but again, reliable, I don´t want to get rewraped bomb to burn myself just because of few saved dollars.
triple battery mode and 150 watts? your good with a 20 amp battery so sony STC5a, LG HG2, or my favorite the samsung 30Q.
Mooch has a list of trusted vendors on his chart here
image-jpeg.600623

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
About 17.2 amps per battery. Amp draw is calculated differently on regulated mods, and resistance doesn't factor in.
I know, Amp draw is 'the other' circuit, other side of the regulator, battery doesn't care about 'that side'. Just wanted to point TS towards that tool.

Get them from nkon.nl or dampaccu.nl (same owner), probably the most reliable battery-vendor in the EU, with decent prices.

When using 3 batteries, you'd still only draw 50 W (maybe 55, depending on the efficiency of your mod) per battery @150 W. Even if your cutoff voltage would be 3.2 V, you'd get a max 17.36 A per battery (probably what @KenD was referring to). Might want to have a look at the LG HG2s, since they're a bit cheaper (€ 5,25) than the VTC6s.

Reactions: Darth Omerta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread