advice on genisis issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Alright, so I have the AGI and I have been running it with SS cable and one thin layer of mesh. It has no hotspots and measures .8ohm, that I use on my modded segelei and modded kts. So for the past two days my KTS was hitting like a freight train, with basically the same set up as I have now, .8 ohm, kanthal 28ga wire, ss mesh and ss cable. Only thing that has really changed is the juice I am using, this mixture has a little bit more pg than the previous mixture. Also I have already drilled out the carb to 1/16"

here is the issue, with the cap off of the agi it produces a large amount of vapor, even when I flood the coil while tilting. When I put the cap back on and tilt it the vapor production drops drastically, almost like it isn't firing right. If I don't tilt it and I let the juice go back down the wick into the tank it will produce an ok amount of vapor, but not like it was yesterday. So I am thinking that the carb needs to be drilled out to 5/64" because the flooding and lack of air is suffocating the coils. Is that possible? If not, let me know what you guys recommend.

I just want to know if it is the air flow that is causing it before I drill it out. Thanks

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Well, that SS rope is solid, pretty much. What I do, with insane results is, take a piece of silica (I use 3mm) and wrap the SS mesh around it like I was just rolling a regular SS mesh wick. The amazing capillary action of the silica, matched with the capillary action of the SS mesh...now THAT'S a freight train.

It's just something about that steel rope I never liked, in essence, the pieces are solid. Even though there are a bunch of strands, those strands are solids, with no pores.
Flooding coils will drown vapor production though, all damn day. I think with the strands of rope being solid, the juice slides over them and runs out, instead of a nice slow feed.

And be careful drilling any further, you might turn her into a paperweight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread