Status
Not open for further replies.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi All,

Need a little advice from the communities experience.

I have been vaping quite a while now and have been moving up through the ranks on how I vape. I started with clearomizers then moved on to subtanks with rebuildable decks. Then on to single coil RTA and now I am on Dual Coil RTA.

The current set up that I like is with the Augvape Boreas V2 and my coils are

26g Nicrome twisted. 2.5mm inner diamater with 8 wraps.

two of these in the RTA ohms at about 0.25 which is my sweet spot (0.2 - 0.3 suits me)

So now moving up to a dual coil RTA I am finding that my mod batteries are just not lasting. Currently have a RX 200s with 3 x VTC 5a 2500 mah.

I am thinking of getting an rx2 21700 with two Vapcell purple 21700 3750 mah 24A batteries.

I vape at about 60-70 watts, I don't bother with Temp control.

Any advice on what I am thinking of getting or any suggestions so that I can get through a day without changing batteries ??? Or am I asking the impossible ????

Thanks in advance all

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Hi All,

Need a little advice from the communities experience.

I have been vaping quite a while now and have been moving up through the ranks on how I vape. I started with clearomizers then moved on to subtanks with rebuildable decks. Then on to single coil RTA and now I am on Dual Coil RTA.

The current set up that I like is with the Augvape Boreas V2 and my coils are

26g Nicrome twisted. 2.5mm inner diamater with 8 wraps.

two of these in the RTA ohms at about 0.25 which is my sweet spot (0.2 - 0.3 suits me)

So now moving up to a dual coil RTA I am finding that my mod batteries are just not lasting. Currently have a RX 200s with 3 x VTC 5a 2500 mah.

I am thinking of getting an rx2 21700 with two Vapcell purple 21700 3750 mah 24A batteries.

I vape at about 60-70 watts, I don't bother with Temp control.

Any advice on what I am thinking of getting or any suggestions so that I can get through a day without changing batteries ??? Or am I asking the impossible ????

Thanks in advance all
Maybe go back to a single coil RTA. There are lots of great ones that have came out recently. A single coil RTA built around half an ohm and get some Sony vtc6’s or another of the 3000mah batteries. I get a full day, day and a half out of a dual 18650 mod vaping in these parameters. Also you could raise the nicotine level of your juice so you vape less. Best of luck and I hope you find a solution that works for you.

• Useful

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Wisemic RX200 isn't very battery efficient despite having 3 batteries. I was only getting a day's use with three Samsung 30Q 3000mah batteries or three LG HG2 3000mah batteries with mine. I was only vaping at 30 watts.

Switched to a Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus dual battery mod. Same thing, only a day's use.

Currently using a DNA mod, the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W. Just a single battery but I'm getting a day's use with the same wattage setting, same batteries, same coil and atomizer. The only variable that has changed is the DNA chip vs the generic chips of the Wisemic and Segelei.

I attribute this to the more battery efficient DNA chip in the JAC. Since I imagine all the Wisemic RX mods use the same kind of board, I doubt you'll get better battery usage if you choose that brand again. Something to think about.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The efficiency of your board matters for sure. I will say, perhaps a bit higher resistance and, as others have suggested perhaps a single coil RTA? Dual coils can be great for flavor, but the more mass you have in your build ALSO factors into your battery life, as it takes more "power" to heat up all that mass.

Basically, if you don't want to change your build at all, you'd have to search out a mod that tends to convert battery power well. Teslacigs is one such company, and since you aren't looking for TC, you don't really need a DNA mod.

Although, many DNA mods are also more efficient, when it comes to converting power.

Best of luck,

Anna

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Thanks all for your replies.

In response to using a single coil I do have the Zeus single and duel coil tanks and I do like them in single coil mode the only th8ng I don’t like with the Zeus is that I have problems with the silicone gasket in the top cap. It appears to swell and move and then splits if not careful.

I have used a host of other single coils tanks, oBS engine nano is ok but I don’t find the flavour that impressive. I like the ammit 25 but find I get leaking from the press fit bottom.

The Boreas v2 is a great tank for flavour being dual coil and no leaking or mess. Screw on top cap so no silly gasket to cause issues.

I will have a hunt around on devices and try and find something that will suit my needs.

Thanks again all

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2015
New Britain, CONNECTICUT
I'm looking to getting either the new rage by ohmboy or the new augvape v200 the one like a Honda vtec engine or the innokin proton I'm leaning mire forwards the proton bcuz the rage is 100$ and the v200 is nice but I like the proton a lil better an it's got nothing but awesome reveiws plus I really like innokin there stuff is been great to me

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2015
New Britain, CONNECTICUT
Thanks all for your replies.

In response to using a single coil I do have the Zeus single and duel coil tanks and I do like them in single coil mode the only th8ng I don’t like with the Zeus is that I have problems with the silicone gasket in the top cap. It appears to swell and move and then splits if not careful.

I have used a host of other single coils tanks, oBS engine nano is ok but I don’t find the flavour that impressive. I like the ammit 25 but find I get leaking from the press fit bottom.

The Boreas v2 is a great tank for flavour being dual coil and no leaking or mess. Screw on top cap so no silly gasket to cause issues.

I will have a hunt around on devices and try and find something that will suit my needs.

Thanks again all
Research the innokin proton the new smoant Charon Mini it's a really sick looking mod the face of it is awesome check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread