advice on nic strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynergy

Aug 1, 2010
Whittier
Hey y'all! I'm a vaping virgin, waiting to get my first kit (Joye 510). I use to smoke American Spirit mediums, but for several years now, have been making my own cigs using American Spirit loose tobacco, and light tubes. Does anyone have any advice on what nic strength would be right for me? I am getting a sampler of assorted strengths with my kit, and can experiment, but I would like to order extra juice ahead of time. Thanks guys, your help is appreciated!
Cynergy

coffey

Apr 25, 2010
Michigan
From what I remember of smoking American Spirits, they were quite strong. I was a full flavor Bali Shag RYO/no filter guy, and the AS would knock my socks off. I would suggest getting some 18 and 24mg juice. I use 24, and it's perfect for me. I would, however, like to stipulate my comments with the fact that many strong tobacco smokers think 24 is too much, and others think 36 could use a little more. How many cigs did you smoke in an average day?

cynergy

Aug 1, 2010
Whittier
I usually smoke about 40 a day, give or take. The American Spirit in the blue pack is a little strong for me, that's why I use light tubes with the full strength tobacco. From what I've read, I'm also going to have battery issues, being a heavy smoker and all! I see an upgrade in my future, and I haven't even started yet! What is the best set up for a heavy smoker? Thanks for ur replies!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Samples of both 24 and 18 might be good.

Actually, if you pick up the same liquid at both 24 and 12 you could try 24, 18, and 12 -- 18 is just mixing equal amounts of the 24 and 12 in a small bottle. If 18 works, you use it all, while if either 24 or 12 is right for you you can trade the unused strength with someone else on the forum.

Fullback32

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2010
Colorado Springs
I don't know if this'll help or not, I smoke American Spirits in the yellow box until about my last month of smoking and switched back to Camel Lights as the American Spirits, though good, were getting really expensive. I was a 10 cig/day smoker. I started out using 24mg but it was too strong for me. I just received some 18mg and am going to see if that works out or if I need to go even lower. Don't know if this is any gauge, but I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread