Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
hi i just started vaping and i was wondering... whats the difference between a pod, juice and salts?
A pod is just one option of the battery devices used to vape. There are also cigarette size batteries (cigalikes), eGo stick batteries, and what we call "mods".

"Juice" is the slang term for e-liquid which contains liquid nicotine, flavoring, propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG). Usually pertains to "free base" liquid nicotine, although I hate that term.

"Salts" is a relatively new form of e-liquid or rather pronated nicotine. It has been formulated to have less "throat hit" and be less harsh, or smoother. It also usually has a higher nicotine concentration so that you can get a "nicotine fix" with less frequent draws or drags. Most pod devices use nic salts.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
A pod is just one option of the battery devices used to vape. There are also cigarette size batteries (cigalikes), eGo stick batteries, and what we call "mods".

"Juice" is the slang term for e-liquid which contains liquid nicotine, flavoring, propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG). Usually pertains to "free base" liquid nicotine, although I hate that term.

"Salts" is a relatively new form of e-liquid or rather pronated nicotine. It has been formulated to have less "throat hit" and be less harsh, or smoother. It also usually has a higher nicotine concentration so that you can get a "nicotine fix" with less frequent draws or drags. Most pod devices use nic salts.

That's what I would've said but I didn't want to type it all out.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
That's what I would've said but I didn't want to type it all out.
That's what I would have typed, but I'm on a phone...

Greetings and salutations!
MDlYnWQ.gif

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019

I have afew boulder rock pod devices & i have smok infinix pod & a voopoo nano mini pod device that i use my either 70vg/30pg or 60vg/40pg e-liqs. in & they do fine, no need to use the salts besides I never liked the salt mess. Jus for ur info. for whoever was wanting pod device.

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
hi i just started vaping and i was wondering... whats the difference between a pod, juice and salts?
Tiffany ..I'll help u all I can hun I have & use pod devices & have afew mods. but the pod devices are good to grab & go in a whip to wally world or where ever ...Jus for ur info. Good luck & Keep Vapin' .. Its so enjoyable to do & no nasty smell & when u get ur device in mail it's like Xmas (at least to me it is) I can't wait to open it & use it no matter how many others I have, some them I get just cause they're cute !

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Additional info about pods.

What differentiates a pod from another type of device is simplicity at the cost of money.
Pods have the tank(the juice container) the coil (the metal bit that heats up and boils the juice) and the wick(the bit that carries the juice from the tank to the coil) as a single disposable piece. This makes changing them simple but creates a lot of cost and waste. It does make them very small though.
A lot of pods use very cheap and small coils and wicks to keep manufacturing costs down. (Not your cost, their cost. Pods are generally very expensive compared to other systems long term) This means they produce very little actual vapor, so to offset that they use very high nic juice to get enough nic into the small amount of vapor, and to do that they use salts.

• Informative
Reactions: gandymarsh

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Additional info about pods.

What differentiates a pod from another type of device is simplicity at the cost of money.
Pods have the tank(the juice container) the coil (the metal bit that heats up and boils the juice) and the wick(the bit that carries the juice from the tank to the coil) as a single disposable piece. This makes changing them simple but creates a lot of cost and waste. It does make them very small though.
A lot of pods use very cheap and small coils and wicks to keep manufacturing costs down. (Not your cost, their cost. Pods are generally very expensive compared to other systems long term) This means they produce very little actual vapor, so to offset that they use very high nic juice to get enough nic into the small amount of vapor, and to do that they use salts.
The ones or pod devices I have & use when I travel or around town haven't failed me yet & actually they are very satisfying vaping em', I keep 1 in kitchen 1 in bathroom jus in case I wanna vape, & had a couple them for awhile, refillable pods last afew weeks for me some them for month, but that's jus me ... Jus vape on whatever kicks ya boat ! & each to his/her own pref. !

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread