The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

Returnee to vaping

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Musing, Nov 29, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Musing

Musing New Member

Nov 29, 2021
    Hi All

I am showing my age but started using a replaceable cartridge and atomiser. Things have definitely changed since then (2009/2010).

This time I started vaping with disposable pods (not the whole device). I didn't even know that is what a Juul was as I was just looking for the quickest/easiest system to use until I had a break from work to explore. I am/was using a Viggo.

I have now got 2 refillable pod devices. These are all NIC salts.

I will not bombard you with questions but I am hoping to take the step to mixing own ejuice. I know the safety issues and teach chemistry but the one thing I really don't know about is how the different flavouring 'works'.

The other question I had was I have reached the point of thinking it might not be worth mixing juice of NIC salts to use in a pod device (around 35mg/ml) so I am after advice about switching to a mod and using freebase.

If I may ask a question on my first post, is it possible to achieve a nic hit high enough using freebase nic and switching from a pod device?

Thanks all - I will try and help others along the way but I know my limitations.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Welcome to ECF! Please feel free to ask whatever questions you'd like. You'll probably be interested in the DIY eliquids subforum, which can be found here.

Yes it is. There are three common styles of vaping at the moment: pod mods, MTL (mouth-to-lung) and DL (direct lung). Each style uses a different combination of nicotine concentration and juice per puff to provide a similar amount of nicotine.
    • Pod mods: Very high nic concentration (often 20 - 50 mg/ml), but very low volume of juice vapourized per puff
    • MTL: Lower nic concentration (often 6 - 20 mg/ml), but more juice vapourized per puff
    • DL: Low nic concentration (often 3 - 6 mg/ml), but even more juice per puff
    So, even though you'll want to lower your nicotine concentration when you switch to a mod, you won't necessarily be lowering your nicotine intake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'll add, you can use salts just as effectively as freebase at low concentrations as well.

4. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Could read: Returning

Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city-state & country), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
  6. Superuser187

Superuser187 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Welcome to e.c.f and feel free to ask anything....people here know the vape game better than anyone
    :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

7. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member