Returnee to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musing

Nov 29, 2021
Hi All

I am showing my age but started using a replaceable cartridge and atomiser. Things have definitely changed since then (2009/2010).

This time I started vaping with disposable pods (not the whole device). I didn't even know that is what a Juul was as I was just looking for the quickest/easiest system to use until I had a break from work to explore. I am/was using a Viggo.

I have now got 2 refillable pod devices. These are all NIC salts.

I will not bombard you with questions but I am hoping to take the step to mixing own ejuice. I know the safety issues and teach chemistry but the one thing I really don't know about is how the different flavouring 'works'.

The other question I had was I have reached the point of thinking it might not be worth mixing juice of NIC salts to use in a pod device (around 35mg/ml) so I am after advice about switching to a mod and using freebase.

If I may ask a question on my first post, is it possible to achieve a nic hit high enough using freebase nic and switching from a pod device?

Thanks all - I will try and help others along the way but I know my limitations.

Cheers

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Welcome to ECF! Please feel free to ask whatever questions you'd like. You'll probably be interested in the DIY eliquids subforum, which can be found here.

If I may ask a question on my first post, is it possible to achieve a nic hit high enough using freebase nic and switching from a pod device?

Yes it is. There are three common styles of vaping at the moment: pod mods, MTL (mouth-to-lung) and DL (direct lung). Each style uses a different combination of nicotine concentration and juice per puff to provide a similar amount of nicotine.
  • Pod mods: Very high nic concentration (often 20 - 50 mg/ml), but very low volume of juice vapourized per puff
  • MTL: Lower nic concentration (often 6 - 20 mg/ml), but more juice vapourized per puff
  • DL: Low nic concentration (often 3 - 6 mg/ml), but even more juice per puff
So, even though you'll want to lower your nicotine concentration when you switch to a mod, you won't necessarily be lowering your nicotine intake.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
The other question I had was I have reached the point of thinking it might not be worth mixing juice of NIC salts to use in a pod device (around 35mg/ml) so I am after advice about switching to a mod and using freebase.
Could read: Returning

Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city-state & country), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread