"advise stongly against dripping"... why???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming across this. On both my old blu and luci started kit directions they "advise drongly against dripping directly on the atomiser. I thought this was due to the unseal battery tupes of those smalll cigs. Now I see it again as a general warning on Johnson Creek smoke juice. why are they advising against dripping? If I am using a sealed batter like a manual one, is there a reason not to drip? I don't get it.

kgeiger002

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Tampa, FL
Maybe it's a way to protect themselves. Unfortunately some people probably drip and drive. It's sad but one day (if it hasn't happened already) someone's gonna get seriously injured (or worse) doing that. I can see the bad press now on e-cigs if it was determined someone caused a serious accident because they needed their drip fix. I personally love dripping but I am smart enough to know its a bad idea when the car is flowing down the highway.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
outside of unsealed batteries .. I have no clue as to why that would be a disclaimer.

Could be a CYA against a potential overdose since dripping is one of the faster ways to go thru niquid ... dunno. And just for the record, I don't personally think that anyone could OD, just that company may be limiting legal liability.

Jan

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Could be a CYA against a potential overdose since dripping is one of the faster ways to go thru niquid ... dunno. And just for the record, I don't personally think that anyone could OD, just that company may be limiting legal liability.

Jan

That's a stretch if you ask me... as well as the driving comment... I still have no logical way of explaining it outside of unsealed batteries

blackwalk

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Panama City, FL
I keep coming across this. On both my old blu and luci started kit directions they "advise drongly against dripping directly on the atomiser. I thought this was due to the unseal battery tupes of those smalll cigs. Now I see it again as a general warning on Johnson Creek smoke juice. why are they advising against dripping? If I am using a sealed batter like a manual one, is there a reason not to drip? I don't get it.

Two reasons pop into mind.

1. The seller doesn't know if you have a manual or automatic battery and wants to limit liability for those with automatics. Because you have so many newbies that don't know what the difference between an automatic and a manual is, it's easier to just say don't do it.

2. Many people believe that dripping enhances the flavor of the juice. Who do you know that would want to drip juice from a starter kit to get the dirty socks taste enhanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread