AEGIS 200W LEGEND By Geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radar2013

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
AEGIS 200W LEGEND By Geekvape

As of September 19, 2018 (my Birthday) I had been vaping for 5 yrs. I had gone through mod after Mod after Mod and could not find anything that I really liked. I decided for my Birthday this year I was going to buy me a new Mod and a Mod that fit my specific needs not one that someone in a Vape Shop was going to coerced me to buy. I got on my computer and began doing research. During this research the Aegis 200W Mod by Geekvape kept popping up either in the Number 1 spot, Number 2 spot or Number 3 spot and I believe the lowest review on a 5 star rating it received was 4 stars. There were several things about the reviews that impressed me about this Mod. #1 Waterproof – There was a reviewer that actually tested this theory. #2 Shock Proof – Which is very good for my Benefit due to dropping things. #3 Dust Proof.

On the 19th of September I went to my Local Vape Shop to see if they had the Aegis and there is was. Sitting all by its lonesome in the case saying “Buy Me Buy Me”… I asked the girl behind the counter if I could see it. She gladly took it out of the case and placed it on the counter.

When I picked it up the first thing I noticed was the Otter Box feel that it had. Since I have lost 60% use of my dominant arm and hand due to a severe shoulder injury and I drop a lot of things from my hand if the item is smooth, this Otter Box feel was a huge plus. I also notice that it had some weight to it but I was willing to overlook that with the Otter Box feel. I asked the girl if she had it in stock and she told me that it was my lucky day because she had only 1 left. I bought it.

When I got home, of course I unboxed it immediately.

UNBOXING THE AEGIS 200W LEGEND:

Unboxing the Aegis is pretty basic. I mean there is no Fanfare music, No fireworks. I mean you can open any Mod I guess and sing out loud “TA DA” LOL… Contents in the box was the Aegis 200W Legend Mod, Manual, Charging Cable, Warranty Card.

The first thing I did, which I stress to everyone to do with any new mod regardless of the Manufacturer, was I went to their Website and checked for a Firmware Update. “TA DA” there is one. I downloaded the update followed the instructions and had no problems installing the update. I put 2 fully charged batteries in (Why does it make you feel like you are loading Shot Gun Shells when you put batteries in the bottom of some of these Mods? LOL).. I put on the Freemax Mesh Pro Tank. To turn the Mod on just click the fire button 5 rapid times. Same thing when you turn it off. To get to the various Modes click the fire button 3 rapid times.. I use VW mode so to be honest I haven’t gone through the other modes..

PERFORMANCE:

This thing is unbelievable. A lot of these Mods, when you turn them off and on, will adjust the settings that you have chosen to recommended settings of the coil set by the Manufacturer. Not this one. I start my day at 7:30 AM and sometimes my day doesn’t end until 11:30 at night. Its generally about 10:00 PM when I have to change out my Batteries. Of course Battery life is going to depend on the user.

PROS:

The Aegis 200W Legend has a lot of Pros – Otter Box feel, 510 plate flush with the top plate, Tank sits in the center of the top of the Mod, No over hang of the tank on the side of the Mod, Smooth fire button, +/- buttons are clearly marked, rounded edges so it is comfortable on the hands, Easy to maneuver through all of the modes. Bright display screen.

CONS:

Unfortunately the Aegis 200W Legend does have a few Cons – Weight. It is a little heavier than I like for it to be but then again you have to give up something to gain something else. I rather it be this heavy with the Otter Box feel than it be this heavy and smooth with sharp edges. Battery Door is very tight but once you get use to it its not that big of a deal. Charging port is at the top right at the edge of the tank so if you are going to Charge the Batteries while they are in the unit, which I don’t, you will have to take your tank off to do so.

WOULD I REFER THIS TO A FRIEND?:

Already have and a cpl have purchased the Aegis and they are very happy with it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread