The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aegis Boost review by Dreamvaper

Discussion in 'Geekvape' started by dreamvaper, Dec 16, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dreamvaper

dreamvaper Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    [​IMG]
    I received my "Almighty blue" Aegis Boost for testing, thanks to the GeekVape.
    Testing was made using one of my favorite Aloha Shake e-juice.
    [​IMG]
    There were a lot of things said about this kit by other testers already, you know the technical details by now and I'll try not to repeat and concentrate on these details too much.

I am a happy user of the Aegis Legend mod and I really think that GV made a great job making this legendary mod and I was very excited to test this new Boost model.

Main Pro's for me:
    -
    Build quality is outstanding (as always)
    - Different coil options for both DL and MTL users
    - Very light
    - Good vapor production
    - Quality coils, delivers pure flavour of your juices
    - Decent battery life
    - I (slightly) tested the water and shockproof functions, and it works
    - Reasonable pricing

Main Con's for me:

- I really was hoping to receive and test the RDA tank option as well but unfortunately it wasn't included.
    - Boost is a dust magnet, really. 5 minutes of use and you want to wash it.
    - The clip on a tank seems a bit of a week spot. Mine is still OK but seems like it might wear up after few more exchanges.
    - Vapor is a bit too warm by my taste when using it as DL, esp. when/if you chain vape.
    - This con is for men users mainly: the size is a bit too compact (esp. comparing to the "Legend") and it's a bit too small for man's hand - based on design, GeekVape designed it to be hold in a similar way as Legend. If you're used to fire with your point finger you you'll definitely notice the size problem maybe not as much if you're using your thumb to fire.

Overall the Aegis Boost is a very nice kit, it's like a pod version of the Aegis Legend mod. Pretty similar in design and build quality. I'd say that Boost has a potential to suit even more people than the Legend because of the RDA pod option and compact size.

Recommended by Dreamvaper

• Like Like x 2
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nice review and straight to the point. Well done. My main complaint on the Boost has been the fill port. I get air bubbles and it tends to be rather messy when refilling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2019
    great review, straight to the point, received mine last Friday, gonna endure it this week for a full review!

So far amazed with battery life, and also the air regulation, from wide open, to tight mtl hits! really like this!

Regards

• Like Like x 3
  4. dreamvaper

Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    didn't notice specific problems with refilling and/or licking.
    what type of bottles are you using to refill? maybe it's worth to purchase a special plastic bottle with the longer/thinner top for refills?

• Like Like x 1
  5. hittman

Supporting member
    I'm just using standard 10ml ldpe bottles. I guess I should grab a couple needle tip ones to use with the boost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2019
    i only have 60 and 120ml bottles, i have to take driptip out and fill, then put it back

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I use needle tip bottles to fill and still get air bubbles. I blow across the fill hole to get rid of them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hittman

Supporting member
    I figured out that if I just drip drops into the fill port instead of putting the tip of the bottle in then I get no mess and can see when it’s about full. It’s still a pain to hold the fill plug out of the way but no more mess.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Georgia Boy

Georgia Boy Super Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    I tried all types of bottles, it's still a pain in the butt but needle nose are better, still going to wait for RBA, they have to introduce a new pod imho @Geekvape_Official

• Like Like x 1
  10. GVP vaper

GVP vaper Full Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Hongkong
    nice review, have you also encountered any leaking issue from the pod side, thanks

11. dreamvaper

Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    as I wrote