Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    OdrxLj4.jpg

I received my "Almighty blue" Aegis Boost for testing, thanks to the GeekVape.
    Testing was made using one of my favorite Aloha Shake e-juice.
    j85f60t.jpg

There were a lot of things said about this kit by other testers already, you know the technical details by now and I'll try not to repeat and concentrate on these details too much.

I am a happy user of the Aegis Legend mod and I really think that GV made a great job making this legendary mod and I was very excited to test this new Boost model.

Main Pro's for me:
    -
    Build quality is outstanding (as always)
    - Different coil options for both DL and MTL users
    - Very light
    - Good vapor production
    - Quality coils, delivers pure flavour of your juices
    - Decent battery life
    - I (slightly) tested the water and shockproof functions, and it works
    - Reasonable pricing

Main Con's for me:

- I really was hoping to receive and test the RDA tank option as well but unfortunately it wasn't included.
    - Boost is a dust magnet, really. 5 minutes of use and you want to wash it.
    - The clip on a tank seems a bit of a week spot. Mine is still OK but seems like it might wear up after few more exchanges.
    - Vapor is a bit too warm by my taste when using it as DL, esp. when/if you chain vape.
    - This con is for men users mainly: the size is a bit too compact (esp. comparing to the "Legend") and it's a bit too small for man's hand - based on design, GeekVape designed it to be hold in a similar way as Legend. If you're used to fire with your point finger you you'll definitely notice the size problem maybe not as much if you're using your thumb to fire.

Overall the Aegis Boost is a very nice kit, it's like a pod version of the Aegis Legend mod. Pretty similar in design and build quality. I'd say that Boost has a potential to suit even more people than the Legend because of the RDA pod option and compact size.

Recommended by Dreamvaper

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    My main complaint on the Boost has been the fill port. I get air bubbles and it tends to be rather messy when refilling.

didn't notice specific problems with refilling and/or licking.
    what type of bottles are you using to refill? maybe it's worth to purchase a special plastic bottle with the longer/thinner top for refills?

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I figured out that if I just drip drops into the fill port instead of putting the tip of the bottle in then I get no mess and can see when it’s about full. It’s still a pain to hold the fill plug out of the way but no more mess.

Reactions: dreamvaper
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread