Aegis Legend compatible tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
Just purchased an Aegis Legend Kit, and it came with an aero sub ohm tank. This tank leaves little to be desired, as it is a leaky tank.
Would anyone know of some good tanks that I could use with this? I'm pretty sure any 510 pin tank would work, but I would love to use drop in coils, as they are much easier to change out.

Thanks so much

Darren

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Just purchased an Aegis Legend Kit, and it came with an aero sub ohm tank. This tank leaves little to be desired, as it is a leaky tank.
Would anyone know of some good tanks that I could use with this? I'm pretty sure any 510 pin tank would work, but I would love to use drop in coils, as they are much easier to change out.

Thanks so much

Darren

Hi Darren,
What have you been using? Mod/topper?
Are you a big air, high watt vaper or a 10 watt MTL vaper?
Do you have a budget?
Do you need a certain capacity? 2ml, 5ml, 8ml?
Do you have a favorite colour or style?
Does the tank need to use a certain type of coil? Smok compatible, mesh etc?

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I didn't experience any leaking with the Aero tank that came with my Legend. Not trying to be rude, but leaking is usually from some user error. I loved the tank, but didn't like the coil selection. I like to vape at 30 watts, and all the coils for this tank demand much higher wattage.

Any 510 connector tank (99% are) will work on the Legend. You just need to choose either a MTL higher ohm tank or a DTL lower ohm tank.

upload_2018-4-18_14-54-59-jpeg.736915

For a MTL tank, I suggest the Innokin Zenith tank.

upload_2018-4-18_15-12-32-jpeg.736925

For a DTL sub-ohm tank, I use the original Uwell Crown tank.
Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Almost any tank with a 510 pin will work on the Aegis Legend so you have a large selection.

The Aero tank and coils that come with it have to been run in high wattage or may leak thru the top. I haven't had any leaking with the Mesh coil but running it at 50W. The IM4 coil that came with it needs even more watts. I had no leaking with it either.

Where is it leaking from?

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
Hi Darren,
What have you been using? Mod/topper?
Are you a big air, high watt vaper or a 10 watt MTL vaper?
Do you have a budget?
Do you need a certain capacity? 2ml, 5ml, 8ml?
Do you have a favorite colour or style?
Does the tank need to use a certain type of coil? Smok compatible, mesh etc?

Cheers
I

Hi Izan
I'm currently vaping at 40 watt. I don't have a budget necessity. Any size or color would be fine.
I'm using this type of coil.

GeekVape IM Coil

Thank you very much
Darren

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
Almost any tank with a 510 pin will work on the Aegis Legend so you have a large selection.

The Aero tank and coils that come with it have to been run in high wattage or may leak thru the top. I haven't had any leaking with the Mesh coil but running it at 50W. The IM4 coil that came with it needs even more watts. I had no leaking with it either.

Where is it leaking from?

It's leaking where the air hole is. You can close the air hole or open it. When it's open, and I tilt the aegis to its side, it leaks out. It's VERY possible that me being a noob, I'm not using it correctly

Reactions: stols001

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
The legend is 30mm across so anything but the very very largest of tanks will work fine. A 22mm tank may loon a bit puny on it though.

To you want an rta/rdta or do need something with coil cartridges?

I would prefer a simple cartridge or drop in coil. This is what I'm currently using

GeekVape IM Coil

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A lot of people like the Crown Uwell original, good flavor, reputation of long lasting coils, and quite a bit of coil variety. I don't know because I am emphatically not a sub0hm vaper. IDK though there's tons of selection for sub0hm drop in at around that resistance/wattage level, lots of satisfied Vapresso users out there, etc.

Good luck, and yes, pretty much whatever you want that has a 510 pin is going to work. Etc,

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Sounds like the coil needs to be cranked down tighter....or it's crossthreaded.
It does need to be cranked in there pretty tight but make sure it's going in straight.
If it's correctly threaded - if you can still turn it then it's not there yet.
When you can't turn it anymore then it's bottomed.
You'll know when it's there.

You might be missing a good tank if you give up too easy.
My 3 don't leak. I love the mesh coils too.
I have over 120ml through my included .2Ω and the flavor's still clean.
With 2 juices - 60W with the .2 and tasty cloud city.
The third was slightly harsh at 60W but shines at 55W.
Keep trying.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Aegis Legend is a great mod that will accept any atomizer up to 30mm in diameter without the base of the atomizer over hanging over the side of the mod. If that is of importance to you – to some I guess it is not.

With my Aegis Legend I have the Freemax Mesh Pro, Freemax Fireluke Mesh, the Vaporesso NRG and the Vaporesso Cascade Baby SE. Mesh coils installed in all of them with the Freemax Mesh Pro utilizing a dual mesh coil. For flavour and cloud production it’s difficult to say which is best but if I had to choose I’d probably pick the Freemax Mesh Pro

Juice capacity – the Mesh Pro is only 4ml with its standard straight glass and 5ml with it’s fish bowl type bubble glass, which TBH is ugly as hell!! The bubble sticks out quit a bit so I suspect this will be more prone to breakage.

The Fireluke Mesh is only 3ml but a 5ml glass can be purchased separately. The NRG is 5ml and the Cascade Baby is 6.5ml

As for coils, for the Mesh Pro you have a choice of Stainless Steel mesh, single, dual and triple kanthal mesh coils. The Fireluke only comes in a single mesh config but I believe the Voopoo U Series coils are also compatible.

The Vaporesso NRG and Cascade Baby utilize Vaporesso’s GT Core coils that come in a wide variety of configs from ceramic to mesh. Veporesso is also releasing a new QF coil which I believe maybe compatible. But don’t quote me on that, info is a little vague at the moment. However, the GT Core coils are modeled after the Smok TFV8 Baby coil so any TFV8 Baby style coil will work. Searching the web I have found approx. 18 different coil makers that are compatible with both the NRG and Cascade Baby. Your choice of drop in coils are pretty much endless. I have also found the GT Core coils to be the cheapest out of the bunch.

Just for clarification, the Vaporesso Cascade (non baby version) utilizes the GTM coil….it is not the same as the GT Core. But the tank also comes with an adapter so one could use the GT Core coils. The tank is also a 7ml capacity.

And to add…the 2 Freemax tanks must be empty in order to change a coil. The 2 Vaporesso tanks can be roughly 3/4 full and still allow a coil replacement. Quite convenient if a coil replacement is needed mid tank.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
X2 on the Zenith for M2L. I'm using the 100 watt version and getting awesome service from it.

My brother sub-ohms DL style with a baby prince tank at 65 watts iirc and gets a full day from his 100 watt Legend. I get weeks of battery life using 1.6 ohms at 14 watts.
That is correct but I also use Falcon tanks at about 70 watts and put a Hohm Grown 26650 battery so the mah (4800+) are dang near what my 2 Samsung 18650s (5k) have in my Legend 200.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mowgli

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
It seems to go to sleep when not in use.
I like that. I don't need it thinking between vapes. Wakes up quickly when I press the button.
It doesn't need to tell me what time it is, or talk to my phone. Just give me reliable, predictable zaps when I need it to, and it does that very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread