Aegis legend questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Hello all =) i just bought the new aegis legend mod from geekvape but ive been wondering about 2 things:
1. Screen dosen't turn off in standby it just turns the ui off but i still see the backlight at work is that normal?

2. I usually use temp control with my SS build, but on the aegis it takes forever to ramp up and is not satisfying at all. If anyone has an idea or a solution im all ears as i really love using it in temp control.

For anyone else wondering it's a really solid mod feels like a tank and power mode is instantaneous with the right wattage.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
1. My screen powers all the way off.

2. Run your SS coils in TCR mode with a TCR value of 112 (per Djlsb). Personally, I'm running in Power mode until they have the SS TC worked out with a firmware update.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Edit: fixed the screen problem with an update, forgot to check if there was any (it was basically just released today june 15) patch note are as follows for anyone interested:
  1. Fixed issues of Stealth mode, screen backlight does not turn off. And other screen backlit problems.
  2. Improved overall battery life.
  3. Improved Temperature control accuracy.
  4. Improved power efficiency.
  5. Added function: Factory reset function.

Also the tcr value seems to work better but dosen't really help with ramp up time (although could be my batteries atm as they're running low so might update this when my other set is charged). Also even after update ramp up is better but still meh, still waiting on a fresh pair of charged batteries though.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Edit: fixed the screen problem with an update, forgot to check if there was any (it was basically just released today june 15) patch note are as follows for anyone interested:
  1. Fixed issues of Stealth mode, screen backlight does not turn off. And other screen backlit problems.

Also the tcr value seems to work better but dosen't really help with ramp up time (although could be my batteries atm as they're running low so might update this when my other set is charged). Also even after update ramp up is better but still meh, still waiting on a fresh pair of charged batteries though.
I don’t have this mod but can’t you just up the wattage when you are in tc mode? It’s basically a preheat so if you turn it up some it should solve the problem.

“Even though there isn’t a wattage limit on TC mode (you can set it to the full 200 watts) it realistically only puts out about 40 watts, so it isn’t usable with bigger builds at all. It can’t heat them up.”

I copied the above paragraph from a review of the legend mod. Apparently you’d be better off with a simple build when using TC.
That’s unfortunate but hopefully with another firmware update they will fix this as well. Seems very odd that it only fires at 40 watts even when set to 200. It’s a dual battery mod so it’s not like the mod can’t handle more than 40 watts, the 200 watts maybe.

Last edited:
  • Useful

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

This sounds like something I need to load. I still can’t find a cord that will fit in that hole though. Did it maybe come with a usb cable? I need to check the box.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I don’t have this mod but can’t you just up the wattage when you are in tc mode? It’s basically a preheat so if you turn it up some it should solve the problem.

“Even though there isn’t a wattage limit on TC mode (you can set it to the full 200 watts) it realistically only puts out about 40 watts, so it isn’t usable with bigger builds at all. It can’t heat them up.”

I copied the above paragraph from a review of the legend mod. Apparently you’d be better off with a simple build when using TC.
That’s unfortunate but hopefully with another firmware update they will fix this as well. Seems very odd that it only fires at 40 watts even when set to 200. It’s a dual battery mod so it’s not like the mod can’t handle more than 40 watts, the 200 watts maybe.
I usually use simple SS builds anyway and even at 150 watts it dosen't do anything it's slower than a snail no matter what wattage you set.

This sounds like something I need to load. I still can’t find a cord that will fit in that hole though. Did it maybe come with a usb cable? I need to check the box.
Same here tried about 10 cords but only the one in the box fits in it which is annoying to say the least

@QcVaper what batteries are you using?

Not that it matters in this case but i have both a pair of sony vtc 6 and lg hg2 i believe.
I say it dosen't matter as even my gpriv 2 fires instantly in tc and does it better than the aegis (mostly speaking about ramp up here)

Overall i still like the mod, but i gave up using tc dosen't matter what i try it's still too slow for me so i'm using a custom power curve instead which functions very nicely.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Yes, it came with one that fits, just barely. None of my other cords I've tried so far have fit.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
so i wenmt back to the vape store and now i got a cord that fits. Following the directions i get a "failed to connect to device" error instantly. the cord will charge the batteries off the usb when i have them in so im pretty sure the corde is good (the instructions say remove the batteries for update)

• Useful

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
so i wenmt back to the vape store and now i got a cord that fits. Following the directions i get a "failed to connect to device" error instantly. the cord will charge the batteries off the usb when i have them in so im pretty sure the corde is good (the instructions say remove the batteries for update)
site also says to press the + button while plugging in the usb cable, if that dosen't work could be the OS used, i have windows 10 and the process was about instant when i did these instructions. Also the cable provided in the box worked fine for me lol no need to buy another one.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
site also says to press the + button while plugging in the usb cable, if that dosen't work could be the OS used, i have windows 10 and the process was about instant when i did these instructions. Also the cable provided in the box worked fine for me lol no need to buy another one.
I got a cable from the vape shop that fits, but I don’t know if it’s live or not. If the thing won’t run under 8.1 I’m probably hosed. The horrors of windows 10 aren’t worth the update . I like my windows the way it is. With no baked in spyware

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I didn't have any issues updating it using Windows 10. I used RAR extractor pro to up zip the download.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Windows 10 on my end aswell and i used winrar to unpack. No issues except for my inability to follow the right instructions xD

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Legend Update Tips and tricks:
1. Turn the mod off and hold + & - to see the firmware version
if it shows V1.0 you need to update
2. Read instructions and download update Firmware Download
3. Unpack the .7z archive to your windows PC
4. Use the Legends USB cable that came with Legend.
5. remove atomizer and batteries, then hold + key when you make the PC to legend connection, once the device connects you can let go of the + key to do the actual update.
6. Run the windows file you unzipped it is called USB_ISP_AutoLoad.exe it will bring up a dialogue:
Aegis-legend-firmware-update-1.png

7. IMPORTANT: Click the Start button on the dialogue only 1 (one) time.
8. The program will tell you when it is successful, then you can disconnect from the PC, reinstall batteries and tank, and check the device firmware by pressing + & - while the device is off.

If anyone finds the factory reset function please let me know where it is hidden :)

Also I asked support where the factory reset function is and got this reply:
Kindly please ignore this info,
after your update success, you also Factory reset function,
do not control by yourself.

So I assume just doing the update will reset the device to factory settings, and there is no actual added function.

What coil are you using?
Go into power curve and press fire, then + or - to set each field, advance to the next field with fire.
If your coil is rated at say 40-80W keep each field below 80 but above 40. The power curve lets you set each second of the vape to your selected wattage.

pvarck31

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2017
The Land
What coil are you using?
Go into power curve and press fire, then + or - to set each field, advance to the next field with fire.
If your coil is rated at say 40-80W keep each field below 80 but above 40. The power curve lets you set each second of the vape to your selected wattage.
I'm using the Fireluke mesh pro tank with the double mesh coil. It's rated 60-90 and I'm vaping it at 80 watts in wattage mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread