Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I would like to thank Clay at Geekvape for sending the Aegis Pod kit to review. I received a very attractive looking Beetle Black version of the pod system with orange stitching on the leather but the device is available in a range of different colors.

pod in hand.jpg
Overall impression. Well designed, solid Pod mod that is easy to use. This has the same quality look and feel to it that is expected from Geekvape. I did not have any leaking issues with it in about two weeks of carry-a-round usage. . I used 75vg/25pg juice in the pod with good results. The device turns itself off if the fire button is held in for 30 seconds and is a great safety feature for pocket carrying. The flavor is good and the juice capacity is large for a Pod system at 3.5ml. The vapor produced was warm, flavorful and thick with a good draw for MTL vaping. Throat hit was decent as well.

The Geekvape Aegis Pod system is a rugged, sturdily built pod system with IP7 rating. It is similar in design to familiar Aegis devices. Water resistant, dust proof and drop proof. This small device is ready for everyday worry-free carry around. The device is made of a Zinc alloy with quality leather for a comfortable grip. It seems as durable and tough as all other Aegis devices.

The device is powered by a built-in 800mAh battery with a constant output power of 18W. Juice capacity is 3.5 ML and comes with two 0.6 ohm Kanthal mesh style coils in the package. The pod is refillable and coils can be replaced easily. Coils are push fitted into the bottom of the pod and it comes with a coil removal tool. I didn’t need the tool but it is a nice add in.
bottom of pod.jpg
It is small and lightweight enough to slip inside a pocket for carry around usage. The wide rounded drip tip is comfortable in use. The cartridge is tinted but allows for easy visibility of juice level. The cartridge is bottom fill with a silicone plug and the fill hole is large enough for easy filling. The fire button is located in the middle of the device and is easy to fire. Button is 5 clicks within 2 seconds to turn on or off. Press and hold fire button to vape. If the fire button is held in for longer than 30 seconds it will automatically turn off.

Pros:
Quality build that is durable
Ease of use - just charge, fill and vape
3.5 ML Juice Capacity
Good flavor and airflow
Good hand feel
Convenient pocket size
Doesn’t leak

Would have liked:
Adjustable airflow
box copy.jpg

Status