Aegis solo battery + tank combo . help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frédérik Fortin

May 7, 2020
new to this forum, been vaping for 7 years now, same vape since 2016 ( aspire cleito .4 40/60w + stick power box ) i need a new setup now. So i went shopping and yes i did the usual top 10 tank and top 10 box and now they got me good. i need the aegis solo and the falcon 2 and nothing else.. or maby you can change my mind ! First: are they really that good just like they say in every '' top 10 ''. Second, what kind of battery am I looking fore here. i tried to figure out myself but this is confusing. the tank uses 70-75W coil, i was about to click on order on a LG HG2 Brown but i saw max 65W, maby vtc6 ? vtc5a ? im lost.. i dont even know if this is fitting for me, im vaping 60w .4 12 MG nicotine. i would love to go to my vape shop and ask for help but everything is closed. hope someone will help me.

Frédérik Fortin

May 7, 2020

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You are really not going to get very long run time with a 70W-80W coil on a single battery unit. Single battery units are great for 45W and below to get any decent battery life.

The Aegis Solo is definitely not the mod you should use with that tank, a dual battery mod would be a much better choice.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Falcon, freemax, or NRG all use mesh coils which personally I find superior to anything else I've tried. I've used all 3 of these and perfomance is so similar that I cant really tell much difference. If you haven't used mesh coils yet, I think you'll love them. The selling point for me is coil longevity. At least 2 weeks if not a bit more before they start tasting bad. More surface area of metal touching wicking with mesh seems to make the wicking last a bit longer. This aspect also contributes, I think, to better flavor as well. So if you're looking at a falcon, it's a good choice. As far as batteries, i only use Samsung 25r. Personal preference here. Any authentic good quality of battery will do though. And remember, mesh rulez!! Vape on

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
20a CDR cells are good for for 50w - 60w per cell.
25a CDR cells are good for 60w - 75w per cell
30a CDR cells are good for 75w - 90w per cell.

If you want to use in excess of 60 watts and have decent run times, a dual 18650 device is probably going to be your best route.

49fa6133-d87a-4630-9fff-bcc3831185b1-jpeg.874743

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Welcome to ECF :thumbs:

Regarding the mod I think you made a wise choice.

Regarding the tank, money wise, you'll be better served with a rebuildable but that's a personal choice.

Like stated already, that's too much power from a single battery mod.

If rebuilding you could build higher and be running on lower wattage.

Stay safe

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread