Aegis Solo - Firmware help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetabar

Mar 8, 2021
Downloads
In the Aegis solo panel, firmware download. Then I unzip the file, connected the mod by the original USB cable to the laptop and run the software, I chose the firmware file and then start. I waited till it shown successful update message and then unplug it. After that it doesn’t turn on with 5 clicks on fire button. I made the same without battery and atom but nothing changed.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
With battery in and mod off, hold the up/down buttons for 3-5 seconds. Does a serial # or firmware # appear on the screen or just dead?

Edited: I said fire button, meant up/down buttons (hold down together)
I was going to reply with that then saw you updated your post.

Tried one of mine and it displays the installed firmware.

GB78 H12

Which is the same as the "JKN_GB78_H12-USER-S10 2019032301.bin" you posted.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was going to reply with that then saw you updated your post.

Tried one of mine and it displays the installed firmware.

GB78 H12

Which is the same as the "JKN_GB78_H12-USER-S10 2019032301.bin" you posted.

Yeah, that's what the solo in my hand shows. I think I'm going to reinstall the FW to see what happens. I don't think they ever released an updated FW.

BTW: When you check the firmware version, after the firmware version pops up on the screen if you hit the fire button it will reset the mod to factory settings.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Yeah, that's what the solo in my hand shows.

Where do you find your firmware version on the Solo? I never bothered because I use power mode most of the time.

ETA: I can figure it out by myself--if it's too much trouble to explain. Sorry Zetabar, didn't mean to interrupt your conversation with the experts.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Zetabar for future reference...

To lock the resistance: With the Solo powered up. Press and hold the +/- simultaneously and you will see the "lock" symbol. To unlock it press and hold +/- again and the lock symbol will go away.

Wrong info ^^^^^^^ for Locking/Unlocking resistance in TC mode. See my post several posts down.

If you are planning on using your Solo in temperature control mode there is no reason to lock the atty resistance in.

I run TC and never lock in the resistance on any of my mods (DNA, YiHi or Arctic Fox).

Last edited:

Zetabar

Mar 8, 2021
    @Zetabar for future reference...

To lock the resistance: With the Solo powered up. Press and hold the +/- simultaneously and you will see the "lock" symbol. To unlock it press and hold +/- again and the lock symbol will go away.

If you are planning on using your Solo in temperature control mode there is no reason to lock the atty resistance in.

I run TC and never lock in the resistance on any of my mods (DNA, YiHi or Arctic Fox).
    I was referring to the lock symbol in the coil ohm value not on how to lock the watts +/- setup in power mode. What you told is how to lock the +/- buttons only, if I well understood.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    OK. So I just reinstalled my Aegis Solo firmware 4 times, successful all 4 times.

However, it was a bit slow going at first because I couldn't get Windows or the Firmware updater to recognize the mod. Found out that in order to update you have to hold the up/down buttons as you are plugging in the mod to your PC AND keep the up/down buttons held in as the mod is being updated, which takes only a few seconds. At least that's what I had to do.

I updated 4 times because I used the files from the 2 different firmware download links (see below) and used a different USB cord for each.

Here's the procedure I had to follow.
    After you download the firmware and unzip the files from either of the following links
    Link 1 (Choose Aegis Solo, not Aegis X!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Link 2 (Choose Aegis Solo, not any other mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    • Remove battery from mod

• Open the updater file USB_ISP_ManualLoad.exe

• Load in the firmware bin file (hit load button, select bin file, click open)

• Plug in USB cord to PC

• Hold up/down buttons on mod

• While holding up/down buttons, plug USB cord into the mod and keep buttons held down

• Click "Start" button on updater, mod will start to be updated

• When firmware is updated, program will show "update successful". At this point you can release the up/down buttons, unplug from USB and you're done.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My new Aegis Solo just arrived, loaded with firmware version "GB78-H14-2020-072701". I don't know if this is the latest, as it does not appear on their website... or anywhere else I can Google.

The update listed in the GeekVape help system (referenced earlier in this thread) is "GB78-H12-2019-0312301" which looks to be older than mine.
    @Geekvape_Official

What is new in the GB78-H14-2020-072701 firmware?

I'm referencing this post from above: Aegis Solo - Firmware help

Thank you

Hmm. Interesting. I found a reddit post that says that link was supposed to contain the newer 2020 firmware, but when you download it it's just the 2019 software.

My guess is that there were problems with the 2020 firmware and GV replaced that link with the 2019 firmware.

I wish Arctic Fox was able to be installed on GV mods, but they say it cannot be done. I think it's because there isn't enough ROM space IIRC. :(

• Informative

Zetabar

Mar 8, 2021
    OK. So I just reinstalled my Aegis Solo firmware 4 times, successful all 4 times.

However, it was a bit slow going at first because I couldn't get Windows or the Firmware updater to recognize the mod. Found out that in order to update you have to hold the up/down buttons as you are plugging in the mod to your PC AND keep the up/down buttons held in as the mod is being updated, which takes only a few seconds. At least that's what I had to do.

I updated 4 times because I used the files from the 2 different firmware download links (see below) and used a different USB cord for each.

Here's the procedure I had to follow.
    After you download the firmware and unzip the files from either of the following links
    Link 1 (Choose Aegis Solo, not Aegis X!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Link 2 (Choose Aegis Solo, not any other mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    • Remove battery from mod

• Open the updater file USB_ISP_ManualLoad.exe

• Load in the firmware bin file (hit load button, select bin file, click open)

• Plug in USB cord to PC

• Hold up/down buttons on mod

• While holding up/down buttons, plug USB cord into the mod and keep buttons held down

• Click "Start" button on updater, mod will start to be updated

• When firmware is updated, program will show "update successful". At this point you can release the up/down buttons, unplug from USB and you're done.
    Thanks a lot for that , it was what I did from the first attempt; I tried few times but it doesn’t work :(
    Seems the mod is not responding to the update. It’s recognized by my laptop and by the software, it shows that the firmware update is successful but the mod doesn’t turn on... my last hope is that GeekVape support me, I bought it from an Italian online shop on February 12th, then it should be ok for the warranty.
    I’ll keep all posted, seems there’s no chance to get it running again ...

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks a lot for that , it was what I did from the first attempt; I tried few times but it doesn’t work :(
    Seems the mod is not responding to the update. It’s recognized by my laptop and by the software, it shows that the firmware update is successful but the mod doesn’t turn on... my last hope is that GeekVape support me, I bought it from an Italian online shop on February 12th, then it should be ok for the warranty.
    I’ll keep all posted, seems there’s no chance to get it running again ...

But did you hold down the up/down buttons the whole time you updated? Even though windows recognized it, I would still try that if you didn't. Don;t wait for geekvape, keep trying the update. Try even with battery. Exhaust all possible combinations of actions. These companions are terrible with support. You're mod's already bricked so you have nothing to lose.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I was referring to the lock symbol in the coil ohm value not on how to lock the watts +/- setup in power mode. What you told is how to lock the +/- buttons only, if I well understood.
    I'm sorry Zetabar, you are correct.

I did figure out how to Lock/Unlock the resistance in TC mode...

When in TC mode press the Fire button 3x. Press Fire again and "Coil" will be highlighted. Press the "Down" or "-" button and you will then see a little lock symbol next to the ohms of your coil. Long press Fire to return to vaping mode.

To unlock it: Press the Fire button 3x. Press Fire again and "Coil" will be highlighted. Press the "Up" or "+" button and you will unlock the resistance. Again, long press Fire to return to vaping mode.

Reactions: Zetabar

Zetabar

Mar 8, 2021
    But did you hold down the up/down buttons the whole time you updated? Even though windows recognized it, I would still try that if you didn't. Don;t wait for geekvape, keep trying the update. Try even with battery. Exhaust all possible combinations of actions. These companions are terrible with support. You're mod's already bricked so you have nothing to lose.
    You are right, and in fact I tried every combination (holding buttons, with/without battery, different cord, different batteries, different laptop, running the software as admin) but it doesn’t work! Tomorrrow I am trying again just to don’t give up this issue but I am more and more suspicious that my mod is completely dead :)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    You are right, and in fact I tried every combination (holding buttons, with/without battery, different cord, different batteries, different laptop, running the software as admin) but it doesn’t work! Tomorrrow I am trying again just to don’t give up this issue but I am more and more suspicious that my mod is completely dead :)

Is still under warranty? Have you been in touch with GV CS?

Reactions: Zetabar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread